Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:56:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I improve my how to buy bitcoins section of my website?  (Read 518 times)
Concierge1 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:24:38 AM

Any suggestions on how to improve this section?

http://www.bitcierge.com/how-to-buy-bitcoins/
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4612

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:48:01 AM

In "Step 2" you link to several wallets.

However, you left out a few:

• Bitcoin-Qt
  • MultiBit
  • Bitcoin Wallet (on Android)
  • Mycellium

Also, Coinbase is NOT a wallet.  You should remove it.  Coinbase is an uninsured, unregulated, bitcoin bank account that is not subject to public audits of their security practices or financials.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4612

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:50:47 AM

On the "Buy Bitcoins and send them to your wallet" section, you failed to list it as "Step 3" (all of your other steps have step numbers?).

You also should include localbitcoins and the bitcointalk "Currency Exchange" sub forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0

You also might want to consider adding the bitcoin-otc channel on IRC.
Concierge1 (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:19:00 AM

Thank you very much, I fixed step three, but I was not able to find proper logos for any of your suggestions. They all lack rectangle logos Sad
dre_2ooo

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:28:04 AM

Step one: Proof-read and spell/grammar -check your site to give it a semblance of professionalism.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4453

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:37:02 AM

you advise customers to download a third party bitcoin wallet (webwallets) before they have a bitcoin.

you might aswell skip the wallet and just tell them to leave funds on the exchange.
(that was sarcasm)

its better off to mention the proper wallets that give users control of their own private keys. as that is the more secure thing to do

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Concierge1 (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:11:52 AM

Wow you are absolutely right, no excuses on spelling. I'll look into that wallet. Thank you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: