Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:46:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Unofficial ANN] FlutterCoin (FLT) POW, POS, + NEW Proof-of-Block  (Read 34476 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:59:00 AM

Diff is slightly going up, so people are getting interested. People are talking about FLT at IRC as well. It's just a matter of time before everyone is on it  Grin
burningzoul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:13:33 AM

Diff is slightly going up, so people are getting interested. People are talking about FLT at IRC as well. It's just a matter of time before everyone is on it  Grin

I agree, the diff rise is steady daily, and it is 2x more than when I started after the fork was solved. I think people just need a break from all of the usual clones and when they see something different will definetely follow it. First coin with Proof Of Block, if this is not different I don`t know what is...I am supporting all of the coins that bring something new to the cryptoworld so I will be supporting this aswell.
Gelbstich

Activity: 562
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:20:31 AM

I agree, the diff rise is steady daily, and it is 2x more than when I started after the fork was solved. I think people just need a break from all of the usual clones and when they see something different will definetely follow it. First coin with Proof Of Block, if this is not different I don`t know what is...I am supporting all of the coins that bring something new to the cryptoworld so I will be supporting this aswell.

Yes I agree. But Fluttercoin needs a website. With a own website FLT would automatically become more interesting for anyone interested in alt-cryptocurrencies.

H

░░░                 
            ░▒█████████████▓░           
          ▓███████████████████▓         
        ▓█████████▓▓▒▓▓▓████▓░         
      ▒███████▒           ░             
     ▓█████▓░                     ░▒   
    ▓█████▒    ░▓███████▓▒        ░▓▓▒ 
   ░█████░   ░█████████████▒    ▒▓▒▒▓░
   █████▒   ░███████████████▓    ▓▒▒▒▓  
   █████    █████████████████░   ▒▓▒▒▓░ 
  ░████▓   ░██████████▓▓▓▓▓███   ░▓▒▒▓░ 
  ▒████▓   ▒████▓▒░              ░▓▒▒▓░
   █████ ░███▓░   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▒▒▓░
   ████████▓  ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓░    ▓▒▒▓▓ 
   ░██████   ░▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▒▒▓░ 
    ▓███▒       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░     ▓▓▒▓▓▒   
     ▓█                      ▒▓▓▒▓▓▒   
              ░           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       
          ░███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         
             ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒            

R I Z E N
.......White Paper....... .......Node System and Sidechains....... .......Help Desk.......

Makitaki

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:20:32 AM

A quick question for the dev. As it's a POS coin, could you please tell us a minimum/maximum number of days needed for staking?

BTW, I suppose I was a little lucky and got one POB block (my wallet is locked, so it couldn't be a POS block):

Date: 09.03.2014 14:53
Source: Generated
Credit: 2120.00 FLT
Net amount: +2120.00 FLT
Trujillo

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:01:57 PM

WTB 1+ BTC worth of Fluttercoin. If interested please pm me and we will work out a fair rate. Will be using an escrow as well.
burningzoul

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:10:42 PM

Diff is slightly going up, so people are getting interested. People are talking about FLT at IRC as well. It's just a matter of time before everyone is on it  Grin

Yes I agree. But Fluttercoin needs a website. With a own website FLT would automatically become more interesting for anyone interested in alt-cryptocurrencies.

Dev is already talking about website, I think it would be better to have a website before an exchange will add the coin, just to have a way to spread the word around and have the basic information for people to read,Proof of Block explanation(I like it being related to the butterfly effect), I mean people that are not so hardcore into crypto don`t really read btctalk or cryptocointalk, and everybody likes a good looking website, it shows interest in the development of the coin. I really like the graphics behind it, it gives a professional feel. Also with the coin`s graphic theme you can create a very nice website.
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:13:15 PM

A quick question for the dev. As it's a POS coin, could you please tell us a minimum/maximum number of days needed for staking?

BTW, I suppose I was a little lucky and got one POB block (my wallet is locked, so it couldn't be a POS block):

So do you know why you got these? Have you made an 'ordinary' transaction? Did you send some coins to yourself?

burningzoul

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:20:03 PM

So do you know why you got these? Have you made an 'ordinary' transaction? Did you send some coins to yourself?

In theory , this was generated because you sent a transaction of 1060flt and you somehow got 2120flt , from my understanding the POB is doubling the transaction it matches, so for 500coins->1000coins. If you got 2120coins that means that in some moment you sent 1060coins or you received 1060coins... Please correct me if i`m wrong... this POB is mindfucking everybody(is it a chance only when you are a sender or only when you are a receiver, or both?)
thekidcoin

Activity: 308

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:47:05 PM

In theory , this was generated because you sent a transaction of 1060flt and you somehow got 2120flt , from my understanding the POB is doubling the transaction it matches, so for 500coins->1000coins. If you got 2120coins that means that in some moment you sent 1060coins or you received 1060coins... Please correct me if i`m wrong... this POB is mindfucking everybody(is it a chance only when you are a sender or only when you are a receiver, or both?)
You can get POB rewards via any type of transaction - even mining.  It is not doubling of the transaction but rather diverting a piece of the block subsidy.  You either send or received a transaction in the previous block and here lucky enough to get a match to verify the block and transaction etc in the block

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
burningzoul

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:50:23 PM

BTW, I suppose I was a little lucky and got one POB block (my wallet is locked, so it couldn't be a POS block):

You can get POB rewards via any type of transaction - even mining.  It is not doubling of the transaction but rather diverting a piece of the block subsidy.  You either send or received a transaction in the previous block and here lucky enough to get a match to verify the block and transaction etc in the block

I understand now... I thought that it doubles one of the previous transactions... so it doesn`t use a multiplier? from a 500coin transaction I can get 501 or 2000 for example just random? there are no laws"  to calculate how much the butterfly effect ( i love calling it this) will generate?
Makitaki

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:56:17 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 03:18:10 PM by Makitaki

I did nothing special to get this block. My wallet was online receiving auto payouts from a pool, and I didn't send any coins to myself or anyone else, this TX just popped up suddenly, and that's all.

thekidcoin, what about my main question (minimum/maximum number of days for getting a POS reward)?
thekidcoin

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:19:08 PM

I did nothing special to get this block. My wallet was online receiving auto payouts from a pool, and I didn't send any coins to myself or anyone else, this TX just popped up suddenly, and that's all. Maybe thekidcoin could find more about this TX Smiley

a0bb24f60854227d88e2a9b50db1a2d9f31f0848e69ef8545a9ef6f2d90fff5b

Also, thekidcoin, what about my main question (minimum/maximum number of days for getting a POS reward)?
Your address is in the transaction in the previous block...FUHuQrsYy4z6bCMEwTv8ugpCoaSB6f7c8u right?

POS is a minimum of 30 days coinage... 90 days max

thekidcoin

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:22:00 PM

BTW, I suppose I was a little lucky and got one POB block (my wallet is locked, so it couldn't be a POS block):

You can get POB rewards via any type of transaction - even mining.  It is not doubling of the transaction but rather diverting a piece of the block subsidy.  You either send or received a transaction in the previous block and here lucky enough to get a match to verify the block and transaction etc in the block

I understand now... I thought that it doubles one of the previous transactions... so it doesn`t use a multiplier? from a 500coin transaction I can get 501 or 2000 for example just random? there are no laws"  to calculate how much the butterfly effect ( i love calling it this) will generate?

its just based on the block value thats being mined, so it could be anything...  each year that will decline with the halving of block rewards.

thekidcoin

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:23:18 PM

He has a lot of luck it seems LOL. 

Makitaki

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:28:03 PM

Your address is in the transaction in the previous block...FUHuQrsYy4z6bCMEwTv8ugpCoaSB6f7c8u right?

Yep, that's my address.

He has a lot of luck it seems LOL. 

Lol, and I thought I was just a little bit lucky. Smiley
organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:48:17 PM

you should consider rebranding POB to POT, because that's what it really is and I think more attractive/marketable to say you can get reward FLT for transactions (like rewards points on credit cards).

Mightymoo

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:34:35 PM

5.5 diff =0 might need to stop solo mining =$
organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:59:20 PM

5.5 diff =0 might need to stop solo mining =$

5.5! Sad

thekidcoin

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:40:40 PM

you should consider rebranding POB to POT, because that's what it really is and I think more attractive/marketable to say you can get reward FLT for transactions (like rewards points on credit cards).

Pot isn't legal though where I live... JK

Seriously thinking about it, its an easy re-brand really.  Even the code references searching tx

Makitaki

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:12:39 PM

I think there's a problem again with the network (forking?). My wallet shows block 8418, running it from scratch with the recommended nodes doesn't help as well as running without any nodes in my conf file. Bitember is also on this chain while explorer.fluttercoin.us and cloudminers show block 8436. What should I do to get to the correct chain?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: