Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:27:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LocalBitcoins.com  (Read 1231 times)
Boris-The-Blade (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:19:05 AM

Hi ive just bought 2 Bitcoins on LocalBitcoins.com.
I sent the bank transfer through but then on the next page it said that this transaction has to be reviewed.
So i login to my online banking and theres a thing on my homepage about confirming this transaction, It doesnt actually give me the option to confirm anything just says that that is what i should do.
Anyways cut a long story short im worried i could end up losing out on my money because the escrow is apparently 90 mins?
Not sure what that really means. I'm going to call the bank in the morning and tell them to put the transfer through if thats possible.
Am i likely to get scammed on that site do you think? Seller has good feedback and has done a lot of transactions.
Its the 90 miniutes thing thats confusing me and there website isnt much help.
Any help would be appreciated.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:24:48 AM

I sent the bank transfer through but then on the next page it said that this transaction has to be reviewed.
So i login to my online banking and theres a thing on my homepage about confirming this transaction, It doesnt actually give me the option to confirm anything just says that that is what i should do.
Anyways cut a long story short im worried i could end up losing out on my money because the escrow is apparently 90 mins?
Not sure what that really means. I'm going to call the bank in the morning and tell them to put the transfer through if thats possible.
Am i likely to get scammed on that site do you think? Seller has good feedback and has done a lot of transactions.

if someone makes an order. there is 90 minutes for the other person to reply. once someone accepts the offer or hits payment sent. then the 90 minutes is meaningless. as it then gets locked in until  payment received response is given or a dispute is settled (in theory)

now your item is in dispute as the other party obviously has not pressed the payment received button. there is contact section
https://localbitcoins.com/support/request/?indicator=7-a

where you can write to the admin, and upload a screenshot or a scan of your bank statement showing the payment

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Boris-The-Blade (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:42:15 AM

if someone makes an order. there is 90 minutes for the other person to reply. once someone accepts the offer or hits payment sent. then the 90 minutes is meaningless. as it then gets locked in until  payment received response is given or a dispute is settled (in theory)

now your item is in dispute as the other party obviously has not pressed the payment received button. there is contact section

where you can write to the admin, and upload a screenshot or a scan of your bank statement showing the payment

Thanks for the quick response. It was very useful.
I was panicking a little. thought i only had 42 miniutes left lol
I will wait for the bank to sort it out and all should be good.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:58:28 AM

If you haven't done so yet, you should mark the transaction as "paid".

This will prevent the seller from cancelling the transaction until localbitcoins has a chance to review the circumstances.
Boris-The-Blade (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:26:02 AM

I have done thanks, I think hes a good seller to be honest. Will just have to see.
I will let everyone know Smiley

If you haven't done so yet, you should mark the transaction as "paid".

This will prevent the seller from cancelling the transaction until localbitcoins has a chance to review the circumstances.
vayvanne

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:15:36 PM

Localbitcoins.com slow down is for just me or everyone?
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:29:33 PM

You'll def want to mark it as paid and I would send a note to the other person telling them exactly what's going on.  If the hold up is with your bank I'd call them to figure out how to get the transaction through.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄