Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:02:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New and like to use MEW, heres how :)  (Read 350 times)
Bobwallet93 (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:56:25 PM

Hi all!

Alot of times someone ask how to create a MEW, or My Ether Wallet. The reason for this is that it all seems like high math to alot  off people ( including myself 1.5 years ago Smiley

I found some good explainations on the internet, both text and video, wich helped me alot to overcome that step to make a own wallet!

So to start what is MEW?

MyEtherWallet is an open source, javascript, client-side tool for generating Ethererum Wallets & sending transactions. Created by kvhnuke and tayvano.

MyEtherWallet gives you the ability to generate new wallets so you can store your Ether yourself, not on an exchange. This process happens entirely on your computer, not our servers. Therefore, when you generate a new wallet, you are responsible for safely backing it up.

MyEtherWallet.com & MyEtherWallet CX are not "web wallets". You do not create an account or give themyour Ether to hold onto. All data is created on our computer/your browser, not theirservers. It's not a website where you put your Ether and theystore itfor you. Theyjust make it easy for you to save your wallet information in your browser/on your computer. Then theygive you a place where you can access that information and do stuff with it. TLTR:)

So,
My Ether Wallet is not a standard Web Wallet. It does not allow you to create an account and to store your Ether on their servers, they simply allow you create a wallet, which is yours to store and keep SAFE!

Safe is probally the most important word in here.
Always keep your private keys to yourself! Make hardcopies of them, at least 2 and store those on different locations! ( in case of fire etc ). Also if you are all into nice little airdrops or you want to become the nect bounty hunter in town, remember  to use different MEW wallets to store your value and your airdrops etc. Its the safest way for you!

Here are the links to the vids and text tutorials.
https://coinsutra.com/myetherwallet-step-step-introduction-guide-beginners

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/guides/how-to-use-myetherwallet/%3faltTemplate=WebPageAMPGuide

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phht73IvUDI
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM0OTDYuL2M&t=20s

I really hope this will be the bridge for many to use MEW!, nevertheless i recommend hard wallets for sure! It all depends on the value imo. Lets make crypto accepted and easy to understand together.

Greetings! Cool

Sources: bitcoinwiki

WONO (https://wono.io/)
WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of any assets and services.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinhunter888

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:43:00 PM

Actually MEW is known as MY Ethereum Wallet based on this is really great to use and safe and secure also it is handy but newbie’s are little scared based on its steps but overall this is really helpful and good to use.
Bobwallet93 (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:29:18 PM

Hi there!

Are you serieus? The website is even called myetherwallet.com , please dont post nonsense in this thread. I try to help people out and you just reply something with no value for probally a bounty.
Greetings

WONO (https://wono.io/)
WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of any assets and services.
Asprincess7

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:32:46 AM

That's an informative post. Myetherwallet is an open source, safe and secure ethereum wallet. In the post, you have explain in simple words that how to open MEW account. The tutorial are very easy and to the point.
FrozenPhantom

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:59:49 AM

Having a My Ethereum Wallet is a very good idea and a handy one too because of the excellent security it provides. But a lot of the newbies get a bit scared to open it, because of the complexity of the steps. So overall this is a very helpful post indeed for those who want to have one in their possession.
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:07:26 PM

It's a nice article and also video explains well to newbie also the importante of be safe. I'm using very few times now MEW because I prefer Noku wallet but it still the "standard" wallet used by 99% of people.
paulscathedral

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:10:19 PM

MyEtherWallet, as before, is the most reliable and secure wallet for storing your cryptocurrency assets for the Ethereum network. I am not sure that now there are analogues of this wallet. I strongly recommend it to beginners in this field.
DimBug

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:25:28 PM

It's great that you took the time out and wrote this post for the sole interest of the benefits towards the newbies. MEW is a great wallet and has always been the most desirable one by many users in the market. Hope this post will help those who are interest in this wallet.
PoliteHyena

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:53:59 PM

Thank you so much for this post. A lot of people do struggle with the creating of a MEW for themselves whether they are new or not, because it is a little complex. But this step by step tutorial will deprive them from their fear and will help them too.
AngryPanther

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:25:00 PM

MEW is for ethereum blockchain based coins that can be tracked through Etherscan, it has prove to be very secure and safe along with it's simple interface where user can easily make their transaction and store their coins safely whenever they want to. Definitely one of the best wallet out there.
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:28:19 PM

Actually MEW is known as MY Ethereum Wallet based on this is really great to use and safe and secure also it is handy but newbie’s are little scared based on its steps but overall this is really helpful and good to use.

I like my etherwallet too. And I agree with you fellow. Its really nice to use and I feel secure about it. Its transaction is simple and easy so you need not to worry.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
Lighthouze

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:31:56 PM

Great article, at least for newbies who have the tendencies of falling for phishing sites. As a newbie, ensure you double check and you're careful with everything you do on crypto since they're all online. You may not be able to undo a lot of things, and sometimes it may cost you losing your money.
So;
1. Be careful always.
2. When in doubt, ask questions
3. Never be in a haste to do anything crypto related
4. Read always, especially instructions.
5. There are different wallet types for different BTC, and different classes of altcoins. If you send ETH to a BTC wallet, YOU'LL LOSE IT.

imusify.com  ❰  Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  BACKED BY NEO
MarbleAlligator

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:38:34 PM

MyEtherWallet also known as MEW is an offline wallet and it's very popular among ETH users of the crypto community. However, there has been some controversy related to the Gas Price and Gas Limit of MEW recently, where users complained that Gas Price was fluctuating but they have already solved that.
promyx

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:53:56 PM

Well,thank you for the information.MEW is a wallet where you can trade your crypto coins.This can help you do the transections easily.And whenever it comes about creating an online based wallet the security matters more than anything.But MEW is safe I think,because the data’s are not given to them.The data are kept in the users browser and computer.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:57:15 PM

I think this post is very useful for newbies who are starting to use and store eth or eth based tokens but at the same time we should give awareness to newbies about how to keep your mew wallet safe;
1) always check that you are using the original link.
2) Never upload your private key at some low trust place online.
3) Never share your password with anyone.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
RottenSteel

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:23:13 PM

Always have to keep your private key and keep a hard copy of it. It should be kept in different locations so that you can use it according to your needs. And different types of wallets can be used. Be careful to keep your investment safe.
NervousWolf

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:54:25 PM

I think MyEtherwallet can be the safest option if we can make our local computer secure. Because the data is stored in the local computer so the most important thing is it's security.
cryptogalaxy789

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:15:19 PM

MEW has many positive sides. It is one of easiest to use Ethereum Wallet which make the wallet so popular among the people. It also support ERC-20 tokens which is pretty cool.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:18:21 PM

Myetherwallet is the most attractive and widely used ethereum wallet so far. Whoever want to use the ethreum and ERC20 tokens at the same side. I will suggest this MEW wallet is the much useful wallet for the people.

I love to use of sharing the MEW wallet address to receive the tokens in the all bounty earnings buddy.
honex2

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 08:20:03 PM

Thanks for the information, though a lot of newbies are scared of Mew having heard so many stories of hack. I personally feel if one would be a custodian of his password as well with the private key to login will make Mew safer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: