Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:46:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ~$10 USD worth of alt coin compensation for taking a brief survey.  (Read 3990 times)
Miracle_Life (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:20:08 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 09:19:17 PM by Miracle_Life

The survey is not "scientific", but your opinion can make a difference.
It will not take long, and ~40% is optional.
Your answers will have an effect on an important project with at least 3 (or more) features never seen before.

Compensation Offer
For the first 101 replies:
  • When the [ANN] thread is ready you will be registered to receive 25% to 50% more free coins than otherwise available.
  • If there is an IPO you have the option listed above or you can choose a $10 to $25 Dollar discount.
  • You could choose the offer that others pay $9.99 (for example) and get it 100% free.
Please try to be totally Honest, thank you.
Questions 4, 5, 8, and 10 might give you a small bonus, but they are optional

1) Do you currently own any amount of any alt coin?
2) ~What month/year did you obtain your first BTC or Alt?
3) Do you currently own more than 0.002 BTC?

4) (Optional)
The market appears to be flooded with new "copycat" coins. Do you personally benefit from developing/very early mining of these "dump" coins?
5) (Optional + This question can be answered by anyone regardless of your answer to #4)
If you had a choice between mining 2 coins that "will go to the moon if they ever get on Cryptsy", or 2 that are uniquely suited to change the way alt coins are created (and hopefully have a real, sustainable uptrend instead of "just a dump"), would you choose "A" (Today's current type of coins, or "B" the kind which gains value based on "quality")?
Note: Many people are seemingly addicted to the current system. Please pause and make sure your answer to #5 is honest (based on the info provided)

6) Would you consider an early investment of ~$10 to $20 in a project where your main motivation was "entertainment, adventure, education, new friends, or being part of a dramatic story" and some chance of getting wealthy (but money wasn't the main reason at first)
7) If "No" would a much lower price ($2 to $5) make a big difference in your decision?

8 ) (Optional) Any comments or ideas regarding the current alt coin universe, this survey, or anything related?
9) Do you ever consider that a "way above average" answer to #8 might lead to a good career/unexpected opportunity someday? (i.e Sometimes extra effort does get noticed, do you think about that much/ever?)
10) (Optional) Any comments or ideas regarding the info found here? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495622.0

Please, Copy/paste to start

1)
2)
3)

4)
5)

6)
7)

8 )
9)
10)

Thank you for your time.

Quick update 3/9/2014
FYI: If you think this thread is about preparing to launch "great new coins" and we will rush to get the first one out "to raise money for other projects", then you were not paying close attention to the survey.

CoinPayments.net is shutting down (at least for a while)

From their site:
The shutdown will happen in 3 stages:

We will stop accepting new user registrations effective immediately.
    We will stop processing new transactions at 11:59:59 PM EST on March 24, 2014 (transactions already in progress at that time will be completed).
    The website will otherwise remain operational until 11:59:59 PM EST on March 31st, 2014 when it will be shut down.

I was planning to join and they shut the door:
1) Does anyone know of a functional site (up and running w/ a good reputation) that allows people to easily accept a (medium to) long list of alt coins?
2a) Does anyone have a CoinPayments.net account which they are not using, and are willing to give away?
2b) After a quick read of their terms, I didn't see anything against transferring an account to someone else.
2c) This will help with accepting payments (until the 24th) and start paying you for the survey ASAP.

If you have one which you are not using please PM me w/ the login details, thank you.
flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:28:56 AM

1) Yes
2) Got my first BTC via a tip on Reddit in 2010
3) Yes

4) Yes, do mine new coins; hold about 1/2 if its interesting, sell the rest.
5) Quality and innovation are more important; will be less likely to sell such coins after mining.
6) Yes, this is a hobby for me and its more important to see crytos succeed in general and gain wider acceptance. So I do support good dev teams and communities.
7)
8 ) Scrypt altcoins will more or less die when the scrypt ASICs come online similar to what happened with SHA altcoins
9) Life is an open road and this is a young field.
10) Looks interesting, not sure its for me.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:35:17 AM

1)a few
2)oct
3) why 0.002

4)Meh, sometimes.Not a dev
5)A real quality coin will make you far more money than many shitcoins

6)No.  IPO are scam imo
7)No.  You really have to have a good reason for an IPO

8 )a coin needs transactions to have value.  Also a fractional altcoin would be good, you create coins for projects voted on, when they profit you destroy the coins and the extra is inflation that is split
9)maybe
10)allgood

portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:37:56 AM

1)yes
2)10/12
3)yes

4)yes
5)B

6)no
7)no

8 )ipo's are the devil, never have/will invest in them
9)no
10)No comment, but you got me to click your link, so good job
dripdropdead

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:51:40 AM

1 ) Yes
2 ) Mar 2013
3 ) Yes
4 ) Yes
5 ) I will choose "will go to the moon if they ever get on Cryptsy" coin.
6 ) Yes
7 ) -
8 ) I tend to stay away from pre-mined alt coins
9 ) Probably yes
10 ) Interesting but you should provide more details
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:57:19 AM

1)   Yes
2) 01/14
3) Yes
4) No
5) B
6) Probably not.
7) Cheaper the better. But still probably not.
8 )The majority of alt coins are a complete waste, they provide no roadmap to ever be used as a real currency, and seem to be copycat coins trying to market via memes and logos. To stand out, use code that is unique and try to have a real purpose.
9) No
10) Umm… not for me. But perhaps the marinecoin guy would be interested if his crypto city/empire doesn’t go quite as planned.
cosmofly

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:01:21 AM

Another scam IPO in the making

jonnysomething

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:08:54 AM

1) Yes

2) August, 2013

3) Yes

4) No

5) In today's world, A, but I would prefer b

6) Yes

7) N/A

8 ) Too many scams and coins with catchy names. Create a coin that serves a purpose, that has a reason to exist. Otherwise it's likely a pump and dump.

9) Anything is possible.

10) I stopped reading the first sentence, felt like a timeshare salesman's pitch.
mrwalker1750

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:22:10 AM

1)Yes
2)February
3)Yes

4)No
5)B

6)Yes
7)Possibly

8 )An instant transaction coin or a coin that could be adopted for a country's currency like auroracoin
9)Absolutely
10) Hehe. Seems a little fishy. But I'll swim.
kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:25:33 AM

1) Do you currently own any amount of any alt coin?
YES

2) ~What month/year did you obtain your first BTC or Alt?
DECEMBER 2013

3) Do you currently own more than 0.002 BTC?
YES

4) (Optional)
The market appears to be flooded with new "copycat" coins. Do you personally benefit from developing/very early mining of these "dump" coins?
YES

5) (Optional + This question can be answered by anyone regardless of your answer to #4)
If you had a choice between mining 2 coins that "will go to the moon if they ever get on Cryptsy", or 2 that are uniquely suited to change the way alt coins are created (and hopefully have a real, sustainable uptrend instead of "just a dump"), would you choose "A" (Today's current type of coins, or "B" the kind which gains value based on "quality")?
Note: Many people are seemingly addicted to the current system. Please pause and make sure your answer to #5 is honest (based on the info provided)
B. Since i love coins that has a real purpose

6) Would you consider an early investment of ~$10 to $20 in a project where your main motivation was "entertainment, adventure, education, new friends, or being part of a dramatic story" and some chance of getting wealthy (but money wasn't the main reason at first)
Most likely but money is still the top priority

7) If "No" would a much lower price ($2 to $5) make a big difference in your decision?
Probably

8 ) (Optional) Any comments or ideas regarding the current alt coin universe, this survey, or anything related?
Easy way to get more BTC Smiley

9) Do you ever consider that a "way above average" answer to #8 might lead to a good career/unexpected opportunity someday? (i.e Sometimes extra effort does get noticed, do you think about that much/ever?)
YES

10) (Optional) Any comments or ideas regarding the info found here? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495622.0
Would probably join
ForeseeNz

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:45:20 AM

1)YES
2)November2013
3)YES

4)YES
5)B I like them to have a point of difference to be appealing

6)yes
7)
8 )If you make a new alt coin with a new type of algorithm the program to mine them must be clearly set up and have guides how to use it, It is important to have lots of pools for the new coin so make sure you contact all the current pool owners to get there interests, you must not rush the launch make sure everything is working fine, maintain integrity throughout the updates, running and launch of the coin. try get your coin preregistered on an exchange even if it costs you 1btc but make sure the exchange is trusted and has a good volume. ensure you have a big Dev team, many hands make light work and a good coin. Get involved in a charity event to raise awareness of the coin, ensure a multilingual Dev team that can inform the rest of the world, russian, chinese, spanish are important investors.

9) What comes around goes around Wink
10)
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:02:59 AM

1) Yes, a few altcoins (And of course Bitcoins too)
2) BTC in Nov 2013 and Alts in Dec 2013
3) Yes

4) Have had some luck mining alt coins in early stages and trading them for BTC later when prices go up. No benefit other than this.
5) I will go with "B" the kind which gains value based on "quality"

6) Yes, that would be wonderful
7) Answer is yes, so this question doesn't imply

8 ) Really hate 'copycat' coins unless they offer something that BTC/LTC do not offer. Like faster transactions, anonymity etc.
9) That's definitely possible
10) Too early to comment without concrete info
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:14:39 AM

1) I own mostly alt coins
2) April 2013
3) Yes

4) Yes
5) Whichever makes me more BTC.

6) Only if it looks like making me a big profit.
7) Only motivation is profit.

8 ) Its a natural selection process and is good overall. There are small improvements here and there which adds up.
9) No
10) Interesting, but I am not paying now.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

pieterjanvh

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:26:58 AM

1) Yes
2) 2011
3) Yes

4) I supported some new coins, most of them went wrong very fast...
5) B, that's why I'm supporting Ultracoin - UTC at the moment

6) Yes, I would, depending on the project
7) The lower the better...

8 ) There are WAY too many alt coins at the moment, a lot of them died a while ago but are still in all the lists. I'd like a clean sheet for cryptocurrencies...
9) Not really
10)
cloverleaf

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:36:17 AM

1) Yes

2) November, 2013

3) Yes

4) Yes

5) A

6) Yes

7)

8 ) We need more major alt coin exchanges

9) Yes

10) You need a better picture
alison03

Activity: 294

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:18:31 AM

1) Yes
2) 2/14
3) Yes
4) No
5) A
6) No
7) Yes
8 ) -
9) Possibly, but not likely
10) -

WhiteyZ

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 10:39:38 AM

1) Yes, ~2260 Nextcoins and small amount of Litecoins.
2) November 2013, through a mining community.
3) Yes

4) Tried my luck with one Coin, till yet no benefit... Will try more!
5) I tried both ways, but would prefer A...

6) Yes, up to 50$, cause this is an amount which i can loose with a smile...
7) -

8 ) Too much coins, with no changes regarding to BTC / LTC or other coins.
9) YES
10) -
virulense

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:56:51 AM

1) Yes
2) 1st of januari 2014
3) Yes (0.002 is very small)

4) Sometimes I try, but I try to be an early adopter for coins that are actually worthwile
5) Definately B, Something worthwile in an altcoin also prevents a lot of panick-sells from everyone, which I find to be really beneficial

6) If it offers something more than just an empty promise then yes
7) -

8 ) I believe the current infrastructure for altcoins can not be sustained. In some time (months?) we will need to have some revolution that will help the cryptocurrency along.
    While new coins like DRK or VRT offer something new and are therefore interesting, they don`t seem to add anything to the notion that Bitcoin is. I would like to see an altcoin that would
    be easier and more accessable for the mainstream media/society (yes, more mainstream than bitcoin). This due to the revolution that bitcoin provides not biding with most people and their understanding of the     concept of money. Therefore I`d like to see an altcoin that has some intrinsic association with real world commodities or even with real world 'tokens' that represent it.
9)
10) seems a really vague post with a lot of empty promises, establishment upfront is something I value a great deal. So trying to 'change the internet' in such a way doesnt seem to work.
chetalk

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:10:15 AM

1) Yes
2) November 2013
3) Yes

4) No
5) Quality and innovation are more important.
6) Yes. I do support good dev teams and communities.
7)
8 ) too many coins,too many chances,too many dangers.
9) Life is a long road and this is a young field.
10) Looks interesting, not sure it's for me. Smiley
TiberiuC

Activity: 311

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:31:45 AM

1)Yes
2) January 2014
3) Yes

4)Used to, not anymore.
5) B

6)Depends.Not easy to convince me at this point.
7) No

8 )Coins need to die faster.Exchanges should remove them faster, be more strict when they add them.Cryptorush is the worst.
9)No
10) Need more details.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: