Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:31:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ~$10 USD worth of alt coin compensation for taking a brief survey.  (Read 3982 times)
Bansheroom

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:43:01 AM

1) Yes
2) 11/2013
3) Yes

4) Yes
5) I would spread my hash power to mine all

6) Yes
7) No difference

Cool Someone still has to make the ultimate Altcoin please: Can mine (almost) all algos (MyriadCoin), all algos merged mineable (USC, Peseta...), integrate a game (or more than one) like huntercon, mixed POW / POS.

9) No
10) Sounds like a scam - at least as long as important details are missing.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 01:11:36 PM

Okay, I'll bite.

1) Do you currently own any amount of any alt coin?

Yes, a lot of Reddcoin and a small haunch of ixCoin.

2) ~What month/year did you obtain your first BTC or Alt?

December 2013.

3) Do you currently own more than 0.002 BTC?

Yes.

4) (Optional)
The market appears to be flooded with new "copycat" coins. Do you personally benefit from developing/very early mining of these "dump" coins?

No. I'm not part of any launch team and I don't mine. Tech-wise, I'm more interested in figuring out, in my way, how the nuts and bolts of the altcoins work. If I get involved in an altcoin, I buy in with BTC.

5) (Optional + This question can be answered by anyone regardless of your answer to #4)
If you had a choice between mining 2 coins that "will go to the moon if they ever get on Cryptsy", or 2 that are uniquely suited to change the way alt coins are created (and hopefully have a real, sustainable uptrend instead of "just a dump"), would you choose "A" (Today's current type of coins, or "B" the kind which gains value based on "quality")?
Note: Many people are seemingly addicted to the current system. Please pause and make sure your answer to #5 is honest (based on the info provided)

Honestly? My reflexes are too durn slow for playing the A game with any success and I'm too inflexible as well. I found that out while day-trading many moons ago. Having learned my lesson in this vein, I'd go with "B" if only because I lack the mental nimbleness to play the A game with any real skill.

6) Would you consider an early investment of ~$10 to $20 in a project where your main motivation was "entertainment, adventure, education, new friends, or being part of a dramatic story" and some chance of getting wealthy (but money wasn't the main reason at first)

I'd have to see more details on the project first.

7) If "No" would a much lower price ($2 to $5) make a big difference in your decision?

I didn't put "No" to the prior question, but the $10-$20 level is low enough to not make a difference with regard to lowering the minimum.

8 ) (Optional) Any comments or ideas regarding the current alt coin universe, this survey, or anything related?

The alt scene, at this time, has tired out. There's a lot of rancor and the recent alt-coin "bubble" has deflated. It remains to be seen whether it inflates again; I suspect it will.

9) Do you ever consider that a "way above average" answer to #8 might lead to a good career/unexpected opportunity someday? (i.e Sometimes extra effort does get noticed, do you think about that much/ever?)

Yes, I have, but I believe that the real career opportunities will come only to good devs, proven community and ecosystem builders and skilled traders. It's only a matter of time before "I did X for cybercoin Y, which resulted in $Z value added" appears on people's resumes. 

10) (Optional) Any comments or ideas regarding the info found here? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495622.0

It offers what is essentially a mutual self-help group. As such, it targets the kind of people who buy self-help books. Right now, altcoins are in the "Wild West" phase and that's not the best time to offer a self-help group. Its most valuable prospects, at this time, would be likely to say, "Neat idea, but I'm too busy." That said, it might be ahead of its time...but it'll be subject to the same traps that all self-help groups either fall into or have to dodge around: devolving into a rest-club / hiring-hall type of feel-good mutual admiration society. 

---------

I hope this answers your questions  Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Denmor

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:19:52 PM

1) Yes. Plenty of those.
2) Dec. 2012
3) Yes.

4) Yeah, some of them are very profitable.
5) 'B' of course. If the coin is really innovative, the price will increase anyway. Having another coin which you can trust in addition to Bitcoin and Litecoin would be great. Not to mention that you can actually make some analysis based on the quality of the coin to guess if the price will go up, unlike shitcoins which go to the moon only with a good marketing campaign only to be dumped after.

6) Depends on what "entertainment" in this case means. Those are called CryptoCurrencies for a reason. I don't see any way how a currency can be funny. It's fun mostly because it's a gold rush. Therefore if it's not profitable, it's not fun. So, my answer is NO.
7) No. Only if you can create something really innovative. Otherwise, IPOs are out of question.

8 ) IPOs, premines and blatant lies should not be tolerated.
9) A post on the forum leading to great career? I am not a lunatic, no.
10) Looks like you are trying to create a sect of hippies and take money as entrance fee. Do whatever you want, but right now it looks like you are trying to scam people for a few BTC by promising them an eternal happiness in the dreamland full of love and pink ponies.

Dunno what you are smoking, but if it's not a scam, good luck to you in all your endevours.  

Trade your Crypto: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=32253

My tradekey: 05fa7e3250aeca31946ee5943666cdeed93525fb

Get some free Coins every day!    
http://qoinpro.com/2ab59ea5f5fac439231ba2a86d7948fb
mr_skunky

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:56:14 PM

1)  Yes
2)  December 2\2013
3)  Yes

4)  I'm holding long term hoping for the best
5)  Definately B

6)  Probably not but not out of the question
7)  Not a question of money

8 )  I'm loving this and hoping if BTC ever hits 10,000$ per coin, this will be a retirement fund
9)   Who knows what the future holds, I'm open to all opprtunities in the crypto world. No point in being closed minded
10)  I already have more than I could ask for in life so it's only uphill from here!  Grin however not looking for a self help group
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:05:48 PM

1) Yes
2) January 2014
3) Yes

4) No
5) I don't mine. I buy if sounds good.

6) $10 sounds right. It will depend on details.
7) $2 would be alright.

8 ) Difficult to find which altcoin will give good return. There are too many.
9) No
10) Will see how it goes.
bumblebee33

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:28:23 PM

1) Yes
2) Dec. 2013
3) Yes

4) Yes
5) B

6) No
7) Maybe, but probably not.

8 ) I am curious what new concepts get integrated into Cryptocurrencies in the future.
9)  No.
10) Not really interested in that.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:34:54 PM

1) Yes
2) September 2012
3) Yes

4) No
5) B

6) No
7) No

8 )
9)
10)
Watchy312

Activity: 193

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:38:37 PM

1) Yes
2) December/2013
3) Yes

4) Yes
5) B

6) Yes, more 10 than 20$ and not before it is started.
7) 6=OK

8 ) The alt coin universe is really a very wild place with a lot of stupid people, everywhere. I do not expect much from it
9) No
10) It very obviously looks like a scam so i did not read it more than 15s
melosine

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:05:48 PM

1) yes
2) September/2011
3) yes

4) no
5) B

6) No, that's too much
7) Yes, if it's a trustworthy and convincing project

8 ) no
9) no
10) I'd wish it would talk more about pursuing personal intersts and less about making lots of money

precrime3

Activity: 84

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 03:12:35 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 05:39:13 PM by precrime3

Yes.

January 2014

No

4) (Optional)
The market appears to be flooded with new "copycat" coins. Do you personally benefit from developing/very early mining of these "dump" coins?
Yes.

5) (Optional + This question can be answered by anyone regardless of your answer to #4)
If you had a choice between mining 2 coins that "will go to the moon if they ever get on Cryptsy", or 2 that are uniquely suited to change the way alt coins are created (and hopefully have a real, sustainable uptrend instead of "just a dump"), would you choose "A" (Today's current type of coins, or "B" the kind which gains value based on "quality")?
Note: Many people are seemingly addicted to the current system. Please pause and make sure your answer to #5 is honest (based on the info provided)
B. Altcoins that can actually innovate if they do ever get on crypsty will skyrocket in price anyways, so why not invest in on that is innovative?

6) Would you consider an early investment of ~$10 to $20 in a project where your main motivation was "entertainment, adventure, education, new friends, or being part of a dramatic story" and some chance of getting wealthy (but money wasn't the main reason at first)
If I saw potential in the coin, partially to see it grow but more about the money.

7) If "No" would a much lower price ($2 to $5) make a big difference in your decision?

8 ) (Optional) Any comments or ideas regarding the current alt coin universe, this survey, or anything related?
BTC & LTC taking the lions share, we need other altcoins to take mainstream adoption!

9) Do you ever consider that a "way above average" answer to #8 might lead to a good career/unexpected opportunity someday? (i.e Sometimes extra effort does get noticed, do you think about that much/ever?)
You might be asked to be a financial consultant, which more people will
want as crypto currency becomes more of a mainstream thing.
10) (Optional) Any comments or ideas regarding the info found here? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495622.0
sounds like a good idea, but the concept taking off is another thing.

slack16

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:34:54 PM

1) Yes
2) January 2014
3) Yes

4) I have a small mining rig that I point at coin launches if I feel the coin has potential. So yes I do benefit I suppose. 
5) Coin B. For more people to be attracted to bitcoins all these scam coins need to die. Which they will just give it time...

6) Sure I guess $10-20 isn't that much.
7) N/A

8 ) It's a little difficult for the average person to involved with bitcoins so any coin that can streamline the buying process, wallet etc. Make the coin appeal to someone that has no idea about bitcoins. Make it simple, make it secure, and make it work. If someone could do this right I think the coin would have A LOT of potential.
9) Anything can happen
10) Would need more details about it to make a decision
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:48:01 PM

1) Yes, bitcoin and litecoin
2) BTC in Dec 2013 and LTC in february 2014
3) Yes

6) Yes, that would be great
7) Answer is yes, so this question doesn't imply

8 ) I don't like coins that offer something that BTC/LTC already do.
9) That's definitely possible
10) I need more info
farazvfx

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:16:59 PM

1) yes
2) november 2013
3) yes

4) yes. New coins are good if they have some intrinsic value/benefit to the community
5) A - if I want to mine it has to make money for me otherwise what's the point. Having intrinsic value makes it profitable

6) maybe. the entertainment industry at the moment sucks
7) sure

Cool a coin that does encrypted emails or benefit the poor
9) yes - I love to be involved in the altcoin business
10) mm...

zrL69

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:19:57 PM

1) Yes
2) August, 2013
3) Yes
4) No
5) I would prefer b
6) Yes
7) N/A
8 ) Create a coin that serves a purpose, that has a reason to exist. Otherwise it's likely a pump and dump.
9) Anything is possible.
10) I stopped reading the first sentence, felt like a timeshare salesman's pitch.
Bcpaintball26

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:10:18 PM

1) Yes I own a bunch
2) February 2014
3) Yes

4) I tried to, but realized that it wasn't worth the time
5) B
6) Possbily, depends on the project
7)

8 ) Coins need to stop being so cookiecutter and develop their own ideas.
9) Yes I do
10) I'm going to go reread it ,because I'm interested

UtCollector

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:27:55 PM

The survey is not "scientific", but your opinion can make a difference.
It will not take long, and ~40% is optional.
Your answers will have an effect on an important project with at least 3 (or more) features never seen before.

Compensation Offer
For the first 101 replies:
  • When the [ANN] thread is ready you will be registered to receive 25% to 50% more free coins than otherwise available.
  • If there is an IPO you have the option listed above or you can choose a $10 to $25 Dollar discount.
  • You could choose the offer that others pay $9.99 (for example) and get it 100% free.
Please try to be totally Honest, thank you.
Questions 4, 5, 8, and 10 might give you a small bonus, but they are optional

4) (Optional)

Please, Copy/paste to start

1)
2)
3)

4)
5)

6)
7)

8 )
9)
10)

Thank you for your time.

1) Yes some doge. Will try others 2.
2) Marth 2014 i made some Alt.
3) Nops not jet.

4) Not at the moment.
5) I would go for B But get a minimal amount option A.

6) I would not do a investment now.
7) No.

Cool 1 coint for the world would would be nice.
9) I hope the coin i mine will be wort some and be usefull.
10) Seems 2 be a grdeat post. Ill read i a second time later after dinner.

Cant change my signature it seems.. Sow if you really want to give some coin this is my doge wallet:
DDZmFZBgcWnfqrqVvo3RM4pNsuCMeRvySK
Mechanodroid

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:33:23 PM

1) Yes
2) January 2014
3) I do not.

4) I personally don't.
5) B

6) Probably not.
7) Yes

8 ) I feel like we're in the Wild West sometimes with these coins, it's pretty chaotic and lawless.
9) Eh, it's nice to think so but I'm not sure.
10) Not really.
FEdison

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:34:38 PM

1) Yes. I own about 20-30 different altcoins.
2) I obtained my first bitcoins on November/2013. I'd known about them for about a year before then though.
3) Yes.

4) I keep all of my coins. So I can't tell whether or not I benefit, or if I'll benefit in the future.
5) B of course. As I've said, I keep all of my altcoins. I prefer quality coins over get rich quick coins.

6) For Education/Adventure yes.
7)-

Cool None that I can think of.
9) Not sure.
10) I don't know how I feel about this. If well executed and bitcoins break it more into the mainstream, I can see it being successful.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:58:27 PM

1) FTC, VTC, XCP and a few others
2) March 2013
3) Yes

4) Yes
5) To the moon, of course.

6) Not really.
7) I guess, since I would not really bother about this amount.

8 ) Still not sure why I am taking this survey.
9) No
10) Does not look attractive to me.
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:22:40 PM

1) Yes.
2) ~ 1/2013
3) No

4) No -- haven't done either
5) Well, with that phrasing, I think I will choose "B"!

6) Again, based on the phrasing -- yes! And who wouldn't?
7)

8 ) This survey is very clever. The end of the easy alt stuff is near and you sense that. You are providing an escape hatch for the fearful, or soon to be.
9) Also very clever. There is now a way to be better and to rightly "deserve".
10) It's almost too over the top, with the picture and words bordering on the purposefully cliché. The feel good rhetoric is also layered on thick. Still, enough of a nod to the libertarians, who are a big portion of alt coin's populations, to attract them, but not too much to repel others. It's all so vague that you appear to be mocking some of the very coins currently in existence. One is not sure if the site is satire or real. 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: