Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:15:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ~$10 USD worth of alt coin compensation for taking a brief survey.  (Read 3985 times)
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:16:48 AM

1) Yes
2) March 2013
3) Yes

4) No, but I'm working on it
5) B - since I can't get in early, looking for true innovation

6) No
7) Yes

Cool I don't think it is that bad - the community seems to have figured out the scam coins pretty quick - e.g coinye.  I wish you luck with your project.
9) It would be pretty to think so.
10) I hope a site like that works for some people.  As far as coins though hard to beat bitcointalk forums.  Good Luck!
Titus pollo

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:58:37 AM

1) Yes
2) February 2014
3) yes

4) (Optional)
yestime to time

5) B

6) Yes
7) If "No" would a much lower price ($2 to $5) make a big difference in your decision?

8 ) (Optional) Any comments or ideas regarding the current alt coin universe, this survey, or anything related?
9) No
10) (Optional)
zureman90

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:12:03 AM

1) A lot of very small amounts from trying out various coins, and mining on multipools. I trade most coins instantly for BTC though.
2) In march 2012 I mined BTC/LTC for a few weeks, but was very busy with university so lost interest. Started again in december 2013.
3) Yes

4) I don't have enough time to actively do research, and invest/mine very new pump'n'dump coins. I benefit in small ways from them by mining in multipools that adopt these coins fairly early.
5) As I am interested in the internal workings of crypto-currencies in general, I like the quality-coins (B) more as they may have an impact on the future. I even spent some time thinking about how to improve them myself. I see mining more as a hobby instead of a way to make money. Being honest however, for mining I just pick the most profitable coin. Sadly, those are pump'n'dump coins (A) most of the time. I think this choice is based on me thinking that my puny hashrate won't make a difference.

6) Yes, definitely
7) For the motivations mentioned, I would even pay a higher price. After all, that's what life's about, no?

Cool I think alt coins have a positive influence on crypto-currency. A lot are copy/paste, but they raise questions and sometimes deal with problems. Eventually this will lead to improvements.
9) Yes, I think people that put a lot of effort in their job or elsewhere will eventually get noticed, and rewarded for it. Karma is a good way to motive yourself Smiley
10) Very sceptical about it. If what you say is honest and can be performed, it's a very nice dream/thought/idea. I think you have to provide some more info and certainty however to attract people in a forum filled with scammers.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:14:41 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 11:43:19 AM by pandher

1) Yes
2) Feb 2014
3) Yes

4) A
5) B
6) Yes
8 ) Current scene is flooded with everyone trying to get rich, we cannot stop this as this is human mentality. But in long term only those coins will survive which are fast and secure enough for real world transactions. The coins with more merchant acceptance will be of more value.
9) Yes, i always get noticed because of my eye for detail and perfectionist nature
10) Looks interesting, not sure its for me.
magalhanze

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:14:47 AM

1)yes
2)feb/2012
3)yes

4)yes, i do early mine some CPU coins;
5)surely second option

6)No
7)No

8)shit is so unstable, im exited about whats gonna happen in cryptos universe
9)possibily
10)idk
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:32:08 AM

1) A lot
2) 05/2013
3) Yes

4) Yes
5) A

6) Would not be very interested
7) Doubt it

8 ) Alt coins go through periodic pump and dump cycles. Great for making profits.
9) No
10) Everybody here is trying to make profit of others. I doubt your idea will be any good.
Viscera

Activity: 660

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:17:38 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 09:56:30 AM by Viscera

1) Yes, I have approximately 17 stored in hardware wallets I personally hold as well as numerous others that's I keep on exchanges.

2) December 2011

3) Yes

4) Yes, however I don't believe the dumping is related to the technology

5) I'm more interested in mining unique coins, actually I'm offering a number of 0.1 BTC bounties for developers to help me with my own ideas for a unique coin.

6) Of course, although I don't really measure things in Fiat, risking 0.002 BTC on a new coin is something I've done countless times already, and I have no regrets.

7) N/A

8 ) The current "alt coin universe" has lots of imagination put into the marketing, but not much imagination put into the code. I'd like to see more coins that can be used for alternative purposes, like SiaCoin. SiaCoin is still in development but aims to be a coin to allow users to pay for cloud storage of large files or to sell their storage space to other users of SiaCoin. You can't find more info here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhZXj48tUao

Also I would like to develop my own coin that has PoS as the main way of generating coins, and a supply limited only by time, and not by a specific number of coins.

The grammar in question 6 makes the question difficult to answer if you would consider $10 for entertainment, but not for one of the other values, or vice versa. Grammatical ambiguity aside I understood the gist of the question and hopefully you still like my answers. Grammar Nazi's often shoot themselves in the foot anyway

9) I would like consider my "way above average" answer could lead to an unexpected opportunity. I do understand that this may just be the Dunning Kruger effect though. Despite my belief that my answer is "way above average", it's the belief of others that will decide. Objectivity is what others see Wink

10) Setting a clear goal to make over $10,000,000 USD in the next 5 to 8 years sounds good, but I'd rather set my goals in BTC as I don't think $10,000,000 USD will be able to buy toilet paper in 8 years time Smiley I'll aim for 10,000 BTC and expect it will be worth more by the time I get there.

I'm not sure I fully understand what I've been a part of here, but I'm excited to find out. The future is bright  Cheesy
scabbyb

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:42:57 AM

1)Yes
2) Reddit tipbot in 2011
3)Yes
4)No I do not mine any coins
5) I would chose the quality coins to mine
6)Absolutely, I think this is largely missing from the crypto community at the moment
7) Not a big difference for me

8 ) Like you said, there are far too many altcoins atm. Over the past few months I have been more and more reluctant to invest in any new coin. Despite having a lot of hype and seemingly good people behind them, the majority of them fail or end up being pump and dump schemes.
9)no not really
10) definitely not for me

thanks very much and good luck!
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:12:33 AM

1 )  Yes!I have AUR, ANI, DOPE, KARM, PENG, ORCA, FATE, CAT, 24, OLY, DOGE, CENT, on qt clients and some others on exchanges in small amounts (under 100 coins each)
2 )  Received Time    2013-11-26 03:46:42 it was BTC!
3 )  Yes!

4 )  I'm always late! I try to guess the next coin that will go up but I always end up loosing (i bought KARM at 13 satoshies and now it's 1!)
5 )  B (I'm trying to get AUR and FATE right now, because they are different, and as much as I've used cryptys they have very slow deposits so I never made a profit from trying to sell something there as I respect the rule that says don't keep your coins in an online wallet)

6 )  Yes! it could even go up to 30$ in my case
7 )  If I'm willing to invest up to 30$ then 2-5$ wouldn't be a problem

8 )  If you plan to make an altcoin that you wish to have a decent price don't make 900.000.000.000 coins in it! Stay around 20-30 mil coins range! And first of all the coin should have a purpose and it should be innovative! Also a good thing is no pre-mine!
9 )  No, but after I've read question number 9 I've wrote more at my answer at question number 8
10 ) I will not send BTC to that address before having some assurance that you will actually do something! And tell us how much you will earn from us! For example if you say I will earn 2 BTC/year if I have 300 members with 1 year subscription, also note that if you take your commission upfront we have no guarantee that you will be here for more than a few months!

Space for rent if its still trending
fernando

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:28:02 AM

1) Yes
2) Sep 2012
3) Yes
4) No
5) B
6) Yes
7) NA
8)
9) No
10)
qiuzhixin15

Activity: 539

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:42:19 AM

1) Yes
2) I got my first BTC by trade in 2013 November
3) Yes
4) Yes, mine several coins, but not develop so far
5) Quality of course. I choose B. Such kind of coins will have real meanings in the future
6) Yes, very interested if the coin seems interesting and innovative
7) probably
8 ) There are so many new coins , but the new concept will be better for the coin
9) yes
10) Looks interesting, i may follow this community.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:51:08 AM

1) Yes
2) Got my first BTC December 2013
3) Yes

4) Yes, do mine new coins
5) Quality and innovation are more important; will be less likely to sell such coins after mining.
6) Yes, this is a hobby for me and its more important to see crytos succeed in general and gain wider acceptance. So I do support good dev teams and communities.
7) 2 bucks.
8 ) Scrypt altcoins will more or less die when the scrypt ASICs come online similar to what happened with SHA altcoins
9) Life is an open road and this is a young field.
10) Looks interesting, not sure its for me.
thethird

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:59:16 AM

1)Yes, have a couple different alt coins
2)October 2013
3)Yes

4)No
5)B

6)Yes
7)I could see the price having an impact

8 )Way too many altcoins right now, I would like to see any new coins come that come out either be more innovative or have a more specified purpose, as opposed to just another pump and dump scheme
9)Yes, although it won't come from my answer
10)Seems somewhat interesting, although it kind of reminds me of one of those late night "get rich" infomercials, which may make people wary
pizzaboy69696969

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:04:11 AM

1) Yes!
2) 2013 Sad
3) Yes!
4) Hopefully yes
5) A, we're all in it for the money
6) Yes!
7) IT WAS YES
8 ) It's a good survey
9) Yes!
10) NAH
Brainofmasses

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

NEMflash.io

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 05:13:19 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 05:49:32 AM by Brainofmasses

1) Yes
2) heard very early about BTC but no one calced with that result.. so I got late to LTC in 2013
3) Yes

4) Sometimes, when a coin gets a good pump by a willing man/group a lot of ppl can benefit.
5) That sounds like advertising to me because quality is such a thing, but for sure.. the second, B! Very rough question, when quality is not a problem of costs in that world...

6) If it can finance me traveling or repairs for sure, in terms of "adventure" or whatever generating costs.
7) Is psychological much more easily to accept then >20$, if the investment is necessary to get a "stake" or what else, people with a low aviable amount of dollars per day or less then one $ will be penalized for not lifing in the right place..

8 ) What you wanna hear? Its not easy to put good knowledge in an part of a Forum´s message to let ppl understand their intentions and beliefs, a lot more if they told already dozens of ppl their intentions about crypto. But there are meanings, for sure, that can´t get packed into a few words.
Its a risk and a chance, but humanity has different development steps to go through, his challenges for now are to make an better and more fair overlayer then the current fiat currencies are.
Only when the currencies will change and the way we work with them, the "civilized" societies will change and speeding up our technological and mental progress. And that without debts in our sense of meaning...
If the whole humanity gets access to space and its ressources, they will laugh about that people on earth have given a clumb of metal more value then a mathematical calculation. not even to mention fiat papermoney...

9) If the world that we know change in our lifetime in this direction, then yes. But the now goes after degrees and references, curriculum vitae´s and other stuff, but for sure, for doing a job you need an qualification in whatever you do. Besides of that there are far to less ethical jobs out there, but what would be our world today with ethics.
In a good connected world I can imagine that people might remember the said in a Forum, like we remember notices from creators out of books. Such thing affects ppl in decades and centuries, so I don´t see that as a personal advert for a job! Wink Also because the meaning of every word changes for every generation in every place, king&war or money doesn´t mean the same for us what it may be meant to our grants...
10) Sounds a bit like a dream, but dreams are there to gone true or what. If you and the community are able to put that in a well organized platform, it may happen. But because were in Crypto I don´t like the," hey throw money at me and it will happen a wonder" slipslop, its sounds a bit like that.
At all its all to unclear written to take that serious..I don´t see a need to pay a fee to register myself to be able to tell someone about something I also could have done so...Drives us only down to old shemes.
But I will look what it will become, a biased meaning is not justified, but how far has our world come if people must constant check if its possible to trust...?

NEMflash.io
Soliloguy

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:59:28 AM

1) yes, several different coins.
2) 2013, probably June ish? It was LTC, and it was less than $2
3) yes

4) no
5) B. I'm an investor, not a trader. I prefer to keep my money in potentially worthwhile long term things

6) sure!
7) also sure

8 ) there's a glut of junk coins, most of which are just fresh excuses for people to keep running their overpriced gpus. I love seeing certain coin communities try (try) to gather support for charities, make their mining processes beneficial or interesting in some way, or service a unique subculture
9) color me skeptical.
10) color me even more skeptical. But I would like to hear about how that would be carried out, out of curiosity
True___Blue

Activity: 354

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 03:09:21 PM

1) Yes
2) February 2013
3) Yes
4) Not usually
5) I dont see A or B as being exclusive categories but I choose B. If an alt offers innovation, and has committed devs and support it likely will "go to the moon" just not as fast as a P&D coin.
6) No
7) Probably not. I've got enough entertainment, etc. in my life.
Cool I mainly use alts to stay up on the latest innovation in cryptos and for investment/trading. If a new coin is related to a game or social networking or something, I will trade it, but I don't have time for more gaming or social networking etc.
9) yes I now considered that Wink
10) A lot of people involved with cryptos are wary of scams. I wonder what it will look like in practice and worry it might feel to ponzy-like depending on how it's done.

Miracle_Life (OP)

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:23:36 PM

Quick update 3/9/2014
FYI: If you think this thread is about preparing to launch "great new coins" and we will rush to get the first one out "to raise money for other projects", then you were not paying close attention to the survey.

CoinPayments.net is shutting down (at least for a while)

From their site:
The shutdown will happen in 3 stages:

We will stop accepting new user registrations effective immediately.
    We will stop processing new transactions at 11:59:59 PM EST on March 24, 2014 (transactions already in progress at that time will be completed).
    The website will otherwise remain operational until 11:59:59 PM EST on March 31st, 2014 when it will be shut down.

I was planning to join and they shut the door:
1) Does anyone know of a functional site (up and running w/ a good reputation) that allows people to easily accept a (medium to) long list of alt coins?
2a) Does anyone have a CoinPayments.net account which they are not using, and are willing to give away?
2b) After a quick read of their terms, I didn't see anything against transferring an account to someone else.
2c) This will help with accepting payments (until the 24th) and start paying you for the survey ASAP.

If you have one which you are not using please PM me w/ the login details, thank you.
Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:01:06 PM

1) Not now. I had but sold them.
2) 6 weeks back.
3) Yes

4) I bought and sold Dogecoins and made a profit.
5) Option 'A'

6) No
7) Yes

8 ) (Difficult to pick the winning alt coin.
9) Never considered it.
10) Sounds weird, tbh.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

zcomputeck

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:31:42 PM

1) Yes
2) Obtained my first BTC in Jan. 2014
3) Yes

4) No
5) Today I would mining 2 coins that "will go to the moon if they ever get on Cryptsy"
6) Yes
7) 2 to 5 dollars would make me much more likely to invest.
8 ) Allmost all altcoins will dissapear in a few years
9) No
10) I will be interested to see if anything comes of this effort.   Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: