Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:36:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Bitcoin Stock Exchange  (Read 1697 times)
Inedible (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 03:59:00 PM

I just read a thread created by JackH and it gave me an idea.

I'd like to do two things:

1) Create a group of community created companies that provide products/services for Bitcoin

2) Start a Bitcoin stock exchange for companies denominated in Bitcoin that trade in Bitcoin

The Companies

These will be community created companies. For instance, 100 users get together and put money, time, resources into a company that will provide, e.g. products from China or services such as, commonly, web hosting, etc.

They can only trade in Bitcoin and they can only pay out in Bitcoin.

A portion of shares will need to be allocated to initial investors of resource thereafter a portion will be listed for the stock exchange.

The idea of these initial companies will not be to make people rich. It's to kickstart the economy. People looking to make a quick buck can come back later when there's something for them to leech off.

The Exchange

This will simply list a company that has stock for sale.

In terms of the law, I'm not sure what the legalities are of setting up an exchange or of selling publicly traded shares but that might not be an issue as we're not listing on NASDAQ or FTSE it'll be 'Bitsy' (or somesuch) for Bitcoin only companies.

For now this is just a quick post to get some feedback, see what interest is like and to find out if it's viable or if it's simply impossible due to legal constraints.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Inedible (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 04:00:01 PM

Reserved

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Inedible (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 04:00:49 PM

Reserved

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 04:03:13 PM

http://glbse.com <- The Global Bitcoin Stock Exchange

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
ArsenShnurkov
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 10:42:36 PM

http://glbse.com <- The Global Bitcoin Stock Exchange

We need one more stock exchange. This will allow separation of common services, such as depositaries.
robocop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 06:41:28 PM

Very interesting project!

A bitcoin stock exchange could be a good thing for smaller startup companies.

But  a global stock exchange it would be too much companies to overview for the stockholders.
In this case i would prefer a lot of smaller stock exchanges sorted by quality criterias for example the location, the type of project, the size of the project and more.

So as an investor i could search for a small companie near my location and i could support it or i could looking for global big bitcoin-projects for example wikileaks ;-)

Then the quality criteria must be high and transparent because i mean that a lot of smaller projects are only born to make the fast money and scam the stockholders. Such things the bitcoin don´t need and such things in mass could damage the bitcoin and give the sceptics right that the bitcoin is only a big scamming and snowball system.

What we need is a high quality of projects, a maximum of transparence and more real economy with real faces, names and addresses on the top of the company.

A stock exchange like as glbse is a beginning but not more.
glbse don´t have a professional webside, don´t have hard quality criterias and and and

So a lot of things are to do to reach it.
But iIwould be interesting in a stock exchange and i will follow the way of glbse and I would be happy to find further stock exchanges.
Fireball

Activity: 674

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2011, 08:26:33 PM

We need one more stock exchange. This will allow separation of common services, such as depositaries.

I'm gonna create a post about my derivatives exchange within next few days, with all status updates, information, etc.

Margin trading platform OrderBook.net (ICBIT): https://orderbook.net
Follow us in Twitter: https://twitter.com/orderbooknet
Are-you-a-wizard?

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 08:36:01 AM

I'd be interested in purchasing "real" stock with Bitcoin, opposed to just Bitcoin businesses. So, you know...tax evasion. Make it happen!
Fireball

Activity: 674

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 08:05:21 PM

I'd be interested in purchasing "real" stock with Bitcoin, opposed to just Bitcoin businesses. So, you know...tax evasion. Make it happen!

I could make this happen (after futures trading is launched of course, because all of the trading is going to utilise same professional-grade fast trading engine) if there is a demand for it.

Margin trading platform OrderBook.net (ICBIT): https://orderbook.net
Follow us in Twitter: https://twitter.com/orderbooknet
blueadept

Activity: 225
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 07:50:22 PM

With futures (and options) available, you can "synthetically" purchase just about any type of security as long as the futures market is more liquid than the synthetic security.  For example, to synthetically purchase a stock, you can sell a put (backed by 100% margin) and buy a call (or just buy a future at 100% margin).  I can't wait to see the derivatives exchange, and I hope you support futures on things like electricity cost!

Like my posts?  Connect with me on LinkedIn and endorse my "Bitcoin" skill.
Decentralized, instant off-chain payments.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: