Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:36:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN GPUCOIN FAILURE] IPO IMMEDIATE REFUNDS  (Read 4252 times)
anyone4u

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:07:10 PM

i have 3 IPO's. Please if its not launching give a freaking refund!
"Ncultimate
Activity: 27
View Profile  Personal Message (Online)
Trust: -4: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
Ignore"

Ahh, yes, I think your profile says alot about you. It basically says "don't trust me, I'm a scammer". Maybe you should fix that before you say someone owes you money.

Anyways, I am ipo 195 and did not get any coins or refunds. So far no email either since originally invested and deposited funds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:19:28 PM

I think after the stackCoin this will not happen again.

I think you greatly overestimate the collective IQ of the crypto community, as well as their short term memory span.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:32:05 PM

The big problem is these guys are not talking to anyone. Which leads me to believe this was just another scam. Perhaps by the same guy that did StackCoin. So far he has made 140BTC for posting on this forum.

Anyone who gives their money to an unknown entity is just dumb and deserves what they get.

SlidingHorn

Activity: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:33:40 PM

I think you greatly overestimate the collective IQ of the crypto community, as well as their short term memory span.

+1

There have been at least a dozen new IPOs since StackCoin and there are idiots sending money to every one of them, despite multiple, large, bold, red warnings not to.

I'm essentially giving up.  If these people are too stupid to research something before sending their money away, they deserve to lose it.

I'll still tag the new IPO accounts with negative trust, but that's as far as I'm going.

mpmsvv

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:46:03 PM

+1

There have been at least a dozen new IPOs since StackCoin and there are idiots sending money to every one of them, despite multiple, large, bold, red warnings not to.

I'm essentially giving up.  If these people are too stupid to research something before sending their money away, they deserve to lose it.

I'll still tag the new IPO accounts with negative trust, but that's as far as I'm going.

I only invested an amount that I'm afford to loose.
Until people continue scaming more and more the crypto coins will never go to the mainstream.
Every day come out news about hacking and SCAM.
Where are the trust people with willingness to work and make money with there work?
Everybody wants to get rich quickly but nobody wants to create, develop and implement trust service for the people.

Ncultimate

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:54:52 PM

i have 3 IPO's. Please if its not launching give a freaking refund!
"Ncultimate
Activity: 27
View Profile  Personal Message (Online)
Trust: -4: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
Ignore"

Ahh, yes, I think your profile says alot about you. It basically says "don't trust me, I'm a scammer". Maybe you should fix that before you say someone owes you money.

Anyways, I am ipo 195 and did not get any coins or refunds. So far no email either since originally invested and deposited funds.
the DEV has proof. My account got hacked.. Not making a new one. its pointless.
vesperwillow (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:03:55 PM

I only invested an amount that I'm afford to loose.

Exactly, and that's the best thing to do. I only invested what I was willing to gamble with, and only because they are a registered entity within my state. I have no doubts my refund will come, can't say the same for folks outside of this state.

Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:15:36 PM

The reason why I invested as well is because he was registered as an LLC.  He posted on the main GPUCoin thread that he is going to contact the investors with an update including a refund today.  Let's see if he follows through on that. 

I also did a PropertyShark search on 913 Woodcott Drive and it shows the above property is owned by a "Galle John L Jr".  I'm not sure what the relation is between Jaymes Reilly and this person, but now, I'm beginning to question his legitimacy.
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:17:25 PM

The reason why I invested as well is because he was registered as an LLC.  He posted on the main GPUCoin thread that he is going to contact the investors with an update including a refund today.  Let's see if he follows through on that. 

I also did a PropertyShark search on 913 Woodcott Drive and it shows the above property is owned by a "Galle John L Jr".  I'm not sure what the relation is between Jaymes Reilly and this person, but now, I'm beginning to question his legitimacy.

good to know .. but doesn´t sounds good
vesperwillow (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:19:26 PM

Could be his "partner", with the "sister company" he refused to name. The guy who has a "degree in business".

Gravity

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:24:03 PM

The Crypto community is getting smarter, so the Devs have had to improvise ... AUR and MAZA is the improved scam coins and it's working great.

Then you look at coins like iCoin and Noble coin quietly getting on, those are the type coins that are going to make it in the long run.

Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:35:15 PM

The reason why I invested as well is because he was registered as an LLC.  He posted on the main GPUCoin thread that he is going to contact the investors with an update including a refund today.  Let's see if he follows through on that.  

I also did a PropertyShark search on 913 Woodcott Drive and it shows the above property is owned by a "Galle John L Jr".  I'm not sure what the relation is between Jaymes Reilly and this person, but now, I'm beginning to question his legitimacy.

Could be his "partner", with the "sister company" he refused to name. The guy who has a "degree in business".

http://www.peoplefinders.com/search/searchpreview.aspx?searchtype=people-name&fn=John&ln=Galle&city=Harrisonburg&state=VA&utm_source=wp3&utm_campaign=detailepdyn&utm_content=address

The John Galle the property belongs to is the first one listed (60 years old).  It's very possible that this "James Reilly" used a stolen identity (with a stolen SSN) to form the LLC.  I have a feeling that if we knocked on this guy's door today and asked him about his involvement with this coin, he would probably have no clue what we're talking about.

The only thing that has me thinking that this isn't a scam is the fact that he tried to re-launch the coin multiple times after he collected the IPO. I also invested what I was willing to lose (ID# 276- 1 BTC) but I still don't want to see my investment disappear.

flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:38:26 PM

The reason why I invested as well is because he was registered as an LLC.  He posted on the main GPUCoin thread that he is going to contact the investors with an update including a refund today.  Let's see if he follows through on that.  

I also did a PropertyShark search on 913 Woodcott Drive and it shows the above property is owned by a "Galle John L Jr".  I'm not sure what the relation is between Jaymes Reilly and this person, but now, I'm beginning to question his legitimacy.

Lol.  Did you guys HONESTLY think the name and picture he posted on the website was his true identity?  Let alone the LLC registered in his name or even belongs to him?

Proof yet again that the crypto community will read and believe anything they read. Literally anything.

Sheesh, man.  I really think I could create a Jesuscoin right now and make 100 btc's in less than a week.

The IPO BTC's are long gone.  They were gone the day of the first launch when the dev stopped posting.

Let it go.  You wouldn't even get it back in court even if you did somehow locate the scammer.  Just move on and learn your lesson (which, most probably won't).
loicatraile

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:21:41 PM

im investor number 41.. i send an email to GPUcoin yesterday requesting a refund but i didnt get anything back..
i hope we all dind´t just lose our money..
gorgorom

Activity: 238

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:28:47 PM

I agree. A man is only as good as his word.

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
hendr1x

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:19:24 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 11:33:03 PM by hendr1x

He recorded a video on youtube of the drawing for the free GPU.  He counted out all the numbers of the IPO entries (random) and picked one out.  That is the guy 100%.

Edit : here it is @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ9rYW6pZn4
BitOffer

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:38:59 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 04:52:58 AM by BitOffer

If he "used a stolen identity (with a stolen SSN) to form the LLC" the (three letter gov acronym) will want on this. They have facial recognition technology. The BTC's alone may not warrant their involvement, but identity fraud will.

Why i invested what i could lose...
Many people have good business ideals but cant get funding or secondary skills to get up and running. Businesses on top of coins is a great one. This could create jobs all from within the crypto economy. These coins don't have to all be scams. As the Crypto-Currency community grows this is the obvious path to follow.

note..
the btc ipo has already gone up in value nicely.
scott0577

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:41:41 AM

Just received this email.

Dear IPO investors,

First of all I share your frustration and concerns, and extend my utmost apologies regarding the failures associated with the initial launch of GPU Coin.  While I have plenty of experience in small business management and logistics, I am still finding that the tech industry, where software is the driving force behind the entire business, is quite different.  I originally found a developer that offered his services to build a bullet proof coin.  After looking over his web site, where he explicitly brought to light scam coins and highlighted other deterring details of other coin launches, I made the decision to hire him.  At that point I began the thread and started soliciting IPO investors to allow for GPU Coin LLC to raise the funding required for stocking the store front.

After the thread started, I was informed by the community that scrypt coins would soon be outdated once the ASICs started hitting shelves in large quantities.  I have seen only Gridseeds that are expensive and put out small amounts of hash, albeit at a much lower wattage.  At this point I took a poll and asked the IPO investors to make a decision.  Should GPU Coin be maintained as a scrypt and possibly be hammered, or switch up to scrypt-n to deter not only the current and future ASICs, but to alleviate the multipool hash rates that would no doubt ensue once the coin maintained any sort of intrinsic value.  The GPU Coin community was loud and clear, and the decision was made to change to scrypt-n.  After I informed the developer of the intended change, what was given was a wallet that was missing libraries and only had one node, which was my own computer. The lack of a github, where others could grab the source for their own uses only added to the confusion.  The fact that there were 1,400 people sitting in the IRC chat room at launch, making this launch extremely traffic heavy, only made things worse since GPU Coin was not ready for that volume of users.  It was obvious that there were many people that wanted in on GPU Coin, due to the business plan associated with it.

The first launch ended in complete failure with the block chain forking all over the place.  Recognizing the situation I called off the launch, citing that it was FUBAR.  I started looking for someone to fix the problems and make GPU Coin launch properly.  I was contacted by micryon who offered his services to help GPU Coin launch.  I was also contacted by the owner of OakPool, who stated they had already formulated a  fix for the source code with their team of developers and were ready to get it out in the open.  I made the decision to go with this new team of developers who had already fixed the source and had successful launches in the past.

We pushed for an extremely quick launch, since we already had the source code fixed, and wanted to make sure that people who prepared for the GPU Coin launch wouldn't have to wait an entire week.  The team helped me through setting up nodes and making sure the coin wouldn't fork. We launched what we thought was the right coin.  Although the forking was alleviated, it turned out that the programmer had accidentally pushed the wrong source code forward, releasing an exact copy of Pandacoin, not GPU Coin.  To preserve the integrity of GPU Coin and our IPO investors I decided that giving the IPO investors something completely different than what we initially agreed upon without consent was not the way to go. I was forced to abort the launch again.  A single mistake, was made under stress, had halted everyone's hard work.

We now have a team consisting of micryon, cryptowest, and their associates. To ensure a successful launch, the new launch date is Sunday March 9th to allow for additional testing and debugging. This will enable our development team to push out GPU Coin with no errors. The nodes and source code will be ready and GPU Coin will be launched successfully. Although we have suffered some bumps in the road our plan is sound and I am confident in GPU Coin's imminent successful launch.

As for the the business side, I have a prototype modular mining case being delivered this weekend that is made from aluminum, has holding space for up to 8 GPUs, slots for two PSUs and, of course, room for the motherboard.  The prototype will have round stock pillars that thread together to allow for stacking. Everything is made of aluminum that is rigid and supportive.  I have also contacted TMSI Industries, Inc. in Canada, to design and prototype an 8 way PCIe 16x USB splitter/riser.  It is comprise of a PCB that plugs into the 16x PCIe slot on the motherboard and a secondary PCB that attaches to the GPUs.  The splitter has 8 female USB 3.0 connector and the secondary PCB that attaches to the GPUs is SATA powered and has another female USB 3.0 connector.  This will allow for any motherboard with a single 16x slot to have the maximum amount of GPUs supported by the OS in service, without having to purchase an extremely expensive motherboard.  I was going to green light the project a few days ago, but the initial launch failure was a much more pressing issue.

In summary, I again wish to apologize to you, our IPO investors, for the lack of contact as I was dealing with the situation in real time working with the development team. We will supply miners their GPUs without the hassle of transferring into fiat currency, at prices cheaper than the main competitors.  GPU Coin LLC will further the mining community by developing hardware that will push GPU mining to a more efficient platform. I am firm in my belief that GPU Coin LLC will live up to our original plan as we solve our technical issues.  I will stand by my offer to allow any IPO investor to back out if they think GPU Coin and the supporting business plan hold no intrinsic value. I am confident that we now have a team that can solve our technical issues.  I remain dedicated to launching a quality coin worthy of your investment and support.

GPU Coin LLC, CEO
        Jaymes Reilly
vesperwillow (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:15:51 PM

He completely ignored the topic of refunds in the email, and glossed over the series of failures after the 2nd launch. I'm also still waiting for a refund.

Even if the coin launches and becomes valuable to some degree, I don't want to have anything to do with a guy who clearly has no understanding of the cryptocurrency world, or launches, or that heavy loads occur, or that source code is a key part of launching things and compiling software.

SlidingHorn

Activity: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:27:10 PM

He completely ignored the topic of refunds in the email, and glossed over the series of failures after the 2nd launch. I'm also still waiting for a refund.

Even if the coin launches and becomes valuable to some degree, I don't want to have anything to do with a guy who clearly has no understanding of the cryptocurrency world, or launches, or that heavy loads occur, or that source code is a key part of launching things and compiling software.

Yet you gave him your money before bothering to look any of this up or doing any real research?  Sounds like this is on you just as much as it would be on him.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: