Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:21:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help: Poll delete or remove  (Read 1817 times)
leewilson (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:34:43 AM

In a thread you have started and added a poll within, how do you remove / delete the poll when it is finished?

Huh  Huh

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leewilson (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:24:46 AM

In a thread you have started and added a poll within, how do you remove / delete the poll when it is finished?

Huh  Huh

Anyone?

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
JPSelzer

Activity: 689
Merit: 14

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:15:19 PM

I will not add a poll within, till i don't get how to remove the poll when it is finished.

leewilson (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:34:55 PM

Any mods here, or anyone else, that knows the answer?

leewilson (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:20:24 AM

Huh

leewilson (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:55:34 AM

Huh

leewilson (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:50:34 AM

I will not add a poll within, till i don't get how to remove the poll when it is finished.

Thank you for at least having a response.

leewilson (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:11:14 PM

Crickets

leewilson (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:05:20 AM

Still looking for a solution. Anyone?

Mobius7

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:09:58 AM

I have no idea how it can be done, you probably just can't do so.

FreeSocrates!

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:13:24 AM

no idea but I would like to know too.
Angelique

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:30:32 PM

Huh  Huh

Just ask the moderators if they can do so.
leewilson (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:03:57 PM

Any mods with an answer?

pkmoney

Activity: 205
Merit: 29

Love yourself.

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:40:48 PM

no idea. I was also wondering the same thing.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
leewilson (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:48:37 AM

no idea. I was also wondering the same thing.

Would be nice if a mod would help us out.

leewilson (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:41:22 PM

Still wondering here. And also trying to get the answer so forum members can search and find it.

From what I have found so far is that this issue is a bug that was corrected in later versions of smf, but bct has not upgraded.
So until then, it might be safe to assume that is requires mod intervention of some kind and it might be a good rule of thumb to create a new thread if you want to have a poll of some kind so you don't permanently ruin your main thread.

A sticky seems appropriate for this subject and I would assume lessen the workload of the mod's, but
maybe not because from the looks of it they have not wasted one second looking at or providing any
type of assistance for this thread.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:29:43 PM

If you want a poll, create a thread with a poll.

If you don't want a poll, create a thread that doesn't have a poll.

I don't understand the importance or need to delete or remove a poll after you've created it.
leewilson (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:01:25 AM

If you want a poll, create a thread with a poll.

If you don't want a poll, create a thread that doesn't have a poll.

I don't understand the importance or need to delete or remove a poll after you've created it.

I pointed those options out. But the problem is that not being able to delete a poll (which is a bug) is neither common knowledge nor sticky'd and as a matter of fact if searched it is actually said to be a viable option according to the forums information, but, alas, that is incorrect.

And not understanding why you might want to delete a poll after it is completed?
You are either joking or prefer to have the only alternative to be the possibility of having a 2 year old unnecessary poll sitting on top of a thread.  
It really is the new look.

Thanks for the input.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:07:43 AM

And not understanding why you might want to delete a poll after it is completed?
You are either joking or prefer to have the only alternative to be the possibility of having a 2 year old unnecessary poll sitting on top of a thread.  

Thanks for the input.

A 2 year old poll sitting on top of a two year old thread?  I still don't see the problem.  There is some reason that we should pretend that the poll never existed?
leewilson (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:51:54 AM

Thanks for the input.

A 2 year old poll sitting on top of a two year old thread?  I still don't see the problem.  There is some reason that we should pretend that the poll never existed?

A 2 year old poll on top of a 2 year old thread that is active daily is nonsense. No one is trying to pretend it did not happen, especially with the capability of posting a screenshot of the results. And if it is edited to reflect a new poll then no one would know any previous polls existed except for a screenshot.

It is an eyesore.  Furthermore, it is a bug that has been addressed by smf.

Why would it be considered a bug and corrected in later versions of smf if it was not a problem? 
I did not ask the original question to try and convince you of anything.
Is there some reason bct has misleading information regarding polls and their removal?
And why are you trolling? If you don't have an answer, that many are seeking, why even chime in at all? or is it just noise to get your activity up?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: