Bitcoin Forum
December 05, 2016, 02:34:16 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am the 53%  (Read 3122 times)
Red
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 210


View Profile
October 26, 2011, 05:18:19 PM
 #1

Anyone else fit into this demographic? I know I do.

The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street

1480905256
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480905256

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480905256
Reply with quote  #2

1480905256
Report to moderator
1480905256
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480905256

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480905256
Reply with quote  #2

1480905256
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1480905256
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480905256

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480905256
Reply with quote  #2

1480905256
Report to moderator
1480905256
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480905256

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480905256
Reply with quote  #2

1480905256
Report to moderator
1480905256
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480905256

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480905256
Reply with quote  #2

1480905256
Report to moderator
Hawker
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 700



View Profile
October 26, 2011, 05:19:48 PM
 #2

Anyone else fit into this demographic? I know I do.

The 53%: We are NOT Occupy Wall Street



I'll go out on a limb and say about 53% of Americans fit that demographic.
* Hawker ducks and runs away before Red throws something.

rainingbitcoins
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 224


View Profile
October 26, 2011, 05:27:51 PM
 #3

Proudly pinheaded fat white guys like the one pictured in the article taught me that people who work two minimum wage jobs for 80 hours a week and STILL don't make enough to pay taxes are the laziest pricks in the world.
Red
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 210


View Profile
October 26, 2011, 05:54:38 PM
 #4

Proudly pinheaded fat white guys like the one pictured in the article taught me that people who work two minimum wage jobs for 80 hours a week and STILL don't make enough to pay taxes are the laziest pricks in the world.

Ask the prick. He will tell you it's not about laziness. Its about usefulness.

Hippies that weave baskets work pretty hard at it. Even if they are stoned while doing it. But that doesn't mean I have to give a crap they made a basket. I prefer buckets.

---

Throws bucket at Hawker!
rainingbitcoins
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 224


View Profile
October 26, 2011, 05:59:01 PM
 #5

Oh, okay. The guys who serve you at basically every business you patronize aren't lazy - just useless, and are best compared to a stereotype of a '60s hippie that you dredged up and dusted off just now. Thanks for the clarification, Nixon.
RodeoX
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2100


The revolution will be monetized!


View Profile
October 26, 2011, 06:07:08 PM
 #6

Not me, I'm down with the 99%. The republicans were quick to bring up the specter of "class warfare".  I say bring the rain. Cool

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Free bitcoin=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1610684
Red
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 210


View Profile
October 26, 2011, 06:09:52 PM
 #7

Oh, okay. The guys who serve you at basically every business you patronize aren't lazy - just useless, and are best compared to a stereotype of a '60s hippie that you dredged up and dusted off just now. Thanks for the clarification, Nixon.

They are useful and compensated for their utility.

Do I want to pay $10 for a Big Mac. No. Will I pay $10 for a Big Mac. No. Will McDonald's replace all those folks with a fascinating Krispy Kreme Machine before they ask me to pay $10 for a Big Mac. Well, they had better or they'll be shit out of luck.

Will I shed a tear that people can't burn their hands on McDonald's grills like I used to? Not a single one.
But I will marvel at the work of the engineers!
rainingbitcoins
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 224


View Profile
October 26, 2011, 06:19:39 PM
 #8

Oh, okay. The guys who serve you at basically every business you patronize aren't lazy - just useless, and are best compared to a stereotype of a '60s hippie that you dredged up and dusted off just now. Thanks for the clarification, Nixon.

They are useful and compensated for their utility.

Do I want to pay $10 for a Big Mac. No. Will I pay $10 for a Big Mac. No. Will McDonald's replace all those folks with a fascinating Krispy Kreme Machine before they ask me to pay $10 for a Big Mac. Well, they had better or they'll be shit out of luck.

Will I shed a tear that people can't burn their hands on McDonald's grills like I used to? Not a single one.
But I will marvel at the work of the engineers!


You can give your workers a living wage without tripling your prices. Costco employees average $17 an hour and get health insurance, yet somehow they still manage to successfully compete with Sam's Club.
I.Goldstein
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 14


View Profile
October 26, 2011, 06:24:36 PM
 #9

Costco is just more customer-oriented and hires better employees. Sam's Club and Costco differ in terms of markets. Costco happens to be more profitable.
rainingbitcoins
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 224


View Profile
October 26, 2011, 06:38:04 PM
 #10

I've honestly never shopped at either, but Sam's and Costco have been direct competitors for many years according to every article I ever read.
I.Goldstein
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 14


View Profile
October 26, 2011, 06:39:16 PM
 #11

I've honestly never shopped at either, but Sam's and Costco have been direct competitors for many years according to every article I ever read.
Sam's Club is failing like Wal-Mart in general. Wal-Mart's management needs to be updated. It goes to show that paying your employees better can lead to greater profits.
Red
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 210


View Profile
October 26, 2011, 07:12:52 PM
 #12

You can give your workers a living wage without tripling your prices. Costco employees average $17 an hour and get health insurance, yet somehow they still manage to successfully compete with Sam's Club.

I'm not arguing that people *must* make minimum wage and not receive insurance. I've been pretty clear about that.

It also seem pretty clear that Costco is on the ascendancy and Sam's in stagnating. I don't know the cause, but most likely it is related to stupid employees at all levels. (Sometimes a brilliant founder dies and leaves the place to idiots.) I imagine Costco employees would be highly offended by your comparing them to Sam's employees. Similar job descriptions do not similar people make.

If Costco hirers better people, pays better salaries and out competes Sam's... Yay verily! That is a vote for innovation.
If they hire the same people, pay more and go bankrupt... Well that would be less clever.

For the record. I'm in favor of the former not the latter.
herzmeister
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1764



View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 08:48:20 PM
 #13


https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
RodeoX
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2100


The revolution will be monetized!


View Profile
October 26, 2011, 11:03:53 PM
 #14

@herzmeister That's bloody brilliant.  Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Free bitcoin=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1610684
Red
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 210


View Profile
October 27, 2011, 12:20:44 AM
 #15

Neat, but I must have missed that original pict. Is there a full scale meme? The article was the first I heard.
the joint
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1792



View Profile
October 27, 2011, 02:10:04 AM
 #16

That is the funniest thing I've seen all day.  Nice trick.

herzmeister
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1764



View Profile WWW
October 27, 2011, 03:56:22 AM
 #17

It's been circulating, it's not by me ofc.

The post seems to be deleted by now but it was there (URL is in the picture), I verified myself.

It seems here is the source: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/10/15/1026620/-We-Are-the-53-is-Using-Fake-Images

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
JeffK
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 350


I never hashed for this...


View Profile
October 28, 2011, 02:25:39 AM
 #18

I have had jobs and payed taxes since I was 13 all the way until now in my mid 20s. I am the 53%.


I will also likely work until the day I die, since the 1% have taken away all social safety nets, lobbied for lower taxes on themselves and higher taxes on me, and increased the price of goods while never upping wages for me and the rest of the 99% over the last 30 years.


I am the 53% and still very much the 99%.
Red
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 210


View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:13:20 AM
 #19

I have had jobs and payed taxes since I was 13 all the way until now in my mid 20s. I am the 53%.

Woot! Another tax payer! If only we were 99% tax payers!


I will also likely work until the day I die, since the 1% have taken away all social safety nets, lobbied for lower taxes on themselves and higher taxes on me, and increased the price of goods while never upping wages for me and the rest of the 99% over the last 30 years.

As someone whose worked for more than 30 years. Salaries have gone up. I started working for the minimum wage of $3.15 an hour. I was ecstatic when it went to $3.25.


I am the 53% and still very much the 99%.

I'm not anti-99%. But clearly I have no idea what the OWS people are asking for. Except to be in charge. I'm not in favor of that.

If they want to be in charge, they should build an alternative to banks, or wall street, or whatever. As a famous queen once said, "Let them eat Bitcoins."
JeffK
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 350


I never hashed for this...


View Profile
October 28, 2011, 04:21:08 AM
 #20

I have had jobs and payed taxes since I was 13 all the way until now in my mid 20s. I am the 53%.

Woot! Another tax payer! If only we were 99% tax payers!


I will also likely work until the day I die, since the 1% have taken away all social safety nets, lobbied for lower taxes on themselves and higher taxes on me, and increased the price of goods while never upping wages for me and the rest of the 99% over the last 30 years.

As someone whose worked for more than 30 years. Salaries have gone up. I started working for the minimum wage of $3.15 an hour. I was ecstatic when it went to $3.25.


I am the 53% and still very much the 99%.

I'm not anti-99%. But clearly I have no idea what the OWS people are asking for. Except to be in charge. I'm not in favor of that.

If they want to be in charge, they should build an alternative to banks, or wall street, or whatever. As a famous queen once said, "Let them eat Bitcoins."



Wages have only gone up for the upper quintiles
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!