Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:19:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The long term impact of cryptocurrencies and blockchain on Society  (Read 430 times)
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:11:07 PM
Merited by Magicinvesting (1)

Blockchain and cryptocurrencies is an inevitable cause of society. People resent being dependent on basically uncontrollable structures for their well-being. It's only natural that there would be a movement to change this once the technology is there.

There are more people being oppressed than there are doing the oppressing. Strength in numbers.

People will feel empowered, corruption will go down, and the details of our life will become even more digitized than they already are.

This is what I believe and did so years ago when I discovered bitcoin. Back then we just concentrated on the financial aspect but now we are integrating blockchain into many different systems. My personal favorite is voting. I always felt that votes can be tampered with, whether they are being collected in Africa, Russia, or the US. Any sector where we need to trust a human being is where we should be putting a blockchain solution. Soon we will be living in a trustless society and I can't wait for this to happen.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ever-young

Activity: 1176
Merit: 168

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 05:12:07 AM

Cryptocurrencies and blockchain has contributed tremendously to our individual lives and to our societies at large. The incalculable impact of cryptocurrencies and blockchain to our society cannot be over emphasized. A lot of lives has being comprehensively transformed through the application of cryptocurrency and blockchain.  
 Roll Eyes

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:01:48 PM

It depends who is running what blockchain..   Take TEZOS for instance they promised we was going to the planet Mars  Roll Eyes..
Now i see Tezos building plenty of software wallets BUT trying to get to Mars on pogo sticks  Cheesy..

So really Tezos is bouncing up and down with software wallets trying to reach MARS ..I bet not much of an impact will happen with the TEZOS at all ..
The only impact i see is the founders and pals making monies for them selves and that will impact their lives very much  well they be rich nice impact on their futures ..

So if i learn how to make a crypto token does that mean i can produce my own money?..What would i sell ?  the same as everyone else BULLSHIT Cheesy..
Oh i would sell you       we are going to SATURN on a space boat ..

Collect all the ICO then spend some on real science not caring if it fails because i get my cut no matter what happens this is a great way to make money off bullshit..

To have an impact with crypto the one thing you need is the masses using it   AND why are they using it?  i see they are using it right now because someone payed
1 cents for how many bitcoin?  now the bitcoins are worth how much Wink.. Just like the gold rush..

I find it very funny that we can now make are own monies if we know how to code..

Have you all seen this below?..

David Chaum, who gained fame for constructing a digital currency long before Bitcoin, has emerged to introduce a new platform, Elixxir, at Consensus Singapore. He claims Elixxir will be able to process thousands of transactions per second.

David Chaum, widely seen as the inventor of digital cash, and a well-known advocate for blockchain technology, is now ready to unleash a new platform he claims can churn through thousands of transactions per second.

According to the Wall Street Journal, Chaum’s Elixxir platform produces blocks first and then sees them filled up as transactions are recorded, cutting down on processing time.
Chaum says the overall system processes and stores less data, which lessens potential security vulnerabilities and slashes the amount of required energy.

I think David Chaum as missed the point of blockchains   BUT now he makes a token that can now be a CRIMINALS DREAM ..
Hide all your ill gotten gains in his token perfect for gangsters  bad governments all sorts of bad shit..

BUT i suppose you wouldn't care if your rich as most rich don't till they get ROBBED Cheesy..

PurpleTulle

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 01:15:45 AM

Crypto can change the coming future a whole lot, but yes, it isn't the answer to every problem.  It's applicability and sustainability in any system or network of systems is what will drive the mainstream to finally see and understand that the blockchain is here to stay and the numerous  benefits that come with it cannot be overemphasized.

Where Blockchain is used, it will will probably run in the background for most of the cases. Either tech freaks or tech averse people should both be able to use new technologies, therefore, blockchain need to be integrated step by step, in a user-friendly manner and should simplify process not making them more difficult.

My thoughts exactly. Mainstream will always have a problem with using what they do not understand. If I do not understand the functionalities blockchain provide, how am I then supposed to gain adequate knowledge to operate it?  I think what would drive mass adoption is blockchain being run on backgrounds of applications and networks the masses already frequent
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: