Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:19:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SATO - Satoshi coin  (Read 3841 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bobby_VI

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:19:26 AM

Guys, this project is not a hard fork? Huh
Hello,
I think this is not a hard fork, at least from the technical side
what then means a "hard fork" Huh Cry
In simple terms: A hard fork is when a single cryptocurrency splits in two

Is SATO-project not suitable for this definition?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sergik95

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:35:36 AM

Hello,

No, it's different.
I need time to give you the correct answer
Sorry.
Bobby_VI

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:45:20 AM

Hello,

No, it's different.
I need time to give you the correct answer
Sorry.
no problem.
If you give a good answer, I'm ready to wait Wink Cheesy
Sergik95

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:08:05 AM

no problem.

It occurs when a cryptocurrency’s existing code is changed, resulting in both an old and new version. Meanwhile, a soft fork is essentially the same thing, but the idea is that only one blockchain (and thus one coin) will remain valid as users adopt the update. So both fork types create a split, but a hard fork is meant to create two blockchain/coins, and a soft fork is meant to result in one.
Bobby_VI

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:20:22 AM

no problem.

It occurs when a cryptocurrency’s existing code is changed, resulting in both an old and new version. Meanwhile, a soft fork is essentially the same thing, but the idea is that only one blockchain (and thus one coin) will remain valid as users adopt the update. So both fork types create a split, but a hard fork is meant to create two blockchain/coins, and a soft fork is meant to result in one.
Do you want to say that the SATO coin is a completely different code?
Sergik95

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:30:51 AM

no problem.

Do you want to say that the SATO coin is a completely different code?

yes you are right, this is a new code that technically has nothing to do with the bitcoin code
Pairianita

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:38:00 AM

Guys, you have an interesting discussion.
And I have question too.
Can anyone fork a coin?
Wellisoyen

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:46:28 AM

And I have question too.
Can anyone fork a coin?
Anyone can go to GitHub, grab the code of a coin (for example Bitcoin), and then do the development work needed to update the software. However, not anyone can get enough miners to mine the new coin, enough users to update their software or download wallets for the coin, and/or enough exchanges to list it.
Tieluabrockrabh

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:48:43 AM

I think it just wants to help the team to know how big the community cares about this project, it does not matter, the most important is when this idea succeeds the community also can keep this idea stay favored
Wellisoyen

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:57:57 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2018, 12:19:10 PM by Wellisoyen

And I have question too.
Can anyone fork a coin?
Anyone can go to GitHub, grab the code of a coin (for example Bitcoin), and then do the development work needed to update the software. However, not anyone can get enough miners to mine the new coin, enough users to update their software or download wallets for the coin, and/or enough exchanges to list it.

is it possible, but difficult.
Pairianita

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:20:07 PM

And I have question too.
Can anyone fork a coin?

lot of barriers in-practice?
Wellisoyen

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:45:52 PM

And I have question too.
Can anyone fork a coin?

yes, anyone can fork a coin in-theory… but there are a lot of barriers in-practice.” There have been very few successful forked coins in the history of cryptocurrency. In practice, forks of all sorts require some form of consensus building to be effective. Even ones that are effective tend to have a lower valuation than the original coin. One of the only exceptions I can think of is Ether vs. Ethereum classic (where Ether, the hard fork, has a higher valuation and more users / miners).
Pairianita

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:58:23 PM

And I have question too.
Can anyone fork a coin?

yes, anyone can fork a coin in-theory… but there are a lot of barriers in-practice.” There have been very few successful forked coins in the history of cryptocurrency. In practice, forks of all sorts require some form of consensus building to be effective. Even ones that are effective tend to have a lower valuation than the original coin. One of the only exceptions I can think of is Ether vs. Ethereum classic (where Ether, the hard fork, has a higher valuation and more users / miners).

So we will not get free coins?((
Sergik95

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:06:57 PM

And I have question too.
Can anyone fork a coin?

Not every fork will result in owners of a cryptocurrency getting “free coins,” however when a legit hard fork occurs that creates a new cryptocurrency, this is the case.
Wellisoyen

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:15:08 PM

And I have question too.
Can anyone fork a coin?

For example, Bitcoin holders received one “free” BCH (Bitcoin Cash) for each BTC (Bitcoin) they owned. That is obviously an absurdly good deal (although one risks the original asset’s price dropping in “split” events like this).
Pairianita

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:25:42 PM

And I have question too.
Can anyone fork a coin?

For example, Bitcoin holders received one “free” BCH (Bitcoin Cash) for each BTC (Bitcoin) they owned. That is obviously an absurdly good deal (although one risks the original asset’s price dropping in “split” events like this).
it can be concluded that this can be done technically, but whether it is reasonable is  another question
Wellisoyen

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:35:03 PM

And I have question too.
Can anyone fork a coin?

it can be concluded that this can be done technically, but whether it is reasonable is  another question
Technically one can create a new version of a coin and choose another distribution method, for example, they can do an airdrop or sell the new coin on the open market.
Pairianita

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:43:17 PM

And I have question too.
Can anyone fork a coin?

Technically one can create a new version of a coin and choose another distribution method, for example, they can do an airdrop or sell the new coin on the open market.
Thank you, it seems we solved this issue
Sergik95

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:51:13 PM

I like to follow this topic.
There is a lot of useful information
isildur777

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:02:13 PM

Hi,
I have not been here for a long time.
I see here are discussing serious questions.
Maybe I could help you with something
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: