Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:24:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone know how I can fix this?  (Read 653 times)
smoothrunnings (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:24:18 AM

I tried to send myself bitcoins out of my Bitcoin-Qt on my P2Pool and it said I need to account for the fee of 0.00004, so I did that but for a week now it's been stuck in limbo. Here is what it looks like, can someone tell me if there is anything I can do to fix it?

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/7bbbc7b5fac8c2973e9c62a17cead946b9cf1832aac47479799ce566fafabcc1

Thanks,
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:44:34 AM

Hey,

There are two problems:
* One output is smaller than the "dust threshold" (0.0000543). Your change is 0.00001. Many miners won't accept your transaction for inclusion in a block, and many nodes won't even relay your transaction.
* Fee should be 0.0004 but is 0.00004, so even miners that would still accept the first problem are not going to rush to confirm your tx...

In short, your wallet software failed twice  Undecided
Are you using the last version of bitcoin-qt?

You can consider to double-spend the coins if you need them quick. See here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232979.0

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
smoothrunnings (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:51:29 AM

Hey,

There are two problems:
* One output is smaller than the "dust threshold" (0.0000543). Your change is 0.00001. Many miners won't accept your transaction for inclusion in a block, and many nodes won't even relay your transaction.
* Fee should be 0.0004 but is 0.00004, so even miners that would still accept the first problem are not going to rush to confirm your tx...

Yes I am using the latest version of bitcoin-qt. Sad

So are you saying my other option is to just wait it out?
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:59:53 AM

Hey,

There are two problems:

Weird that your bitcoin-qt did that! I'd be interested to know why if you figure out.
Yes you could still wait, but after a week there is probably little chance now.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
smoothrunnings (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:58:09 PM

Hey,

There are two problems:

Weird that your bitcoin-qt did that! I'd be interested to know why if you figure out.
Yes you could still wait, but after a week there is probably little chance now.

little chance?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:00:01 PM

little chance?

Unless you are using rawtransactions or modified your bitcoin.conf file, Bitcoin-Qt should prevent you from creating transactions like this.  If you just used the "Send" feature in the User Interface it is very odd that his happened and seems like it could be a bug in the interface.

That being said, yes it is quite unlikely that this transaction will be confirmed anytime in the next few weeks.  For that matter, it's unlikely that it will be confirmed in the next few months.

Most of the peers on the bitcoin network aren't relaying the transaction, so most miners aren't even hearing about it.  Even if they did hear about it, it is considered very low priority, so other transactions will be confirmed first.

You may want to look into the following process:

• Make certain that you are running Bitcoin-Qt version 0.8.6 (if you are not, then upgrade your Bitcoin-Qt)
  • Shut down Bitcoin-Qt
  • remove the transaction from your Bitcoin-Qt wallet with pywallet
  • leave Bitcoin-Qt shut down for a few days until the transaction is dropped from the memory pool of any peers that might have accepted it
  • start Bitcoin-Qt back up
  • Send the transaction with a proper fee (at least 0.0004 BTC), and without an output valued at less than 0.00006 BTC
smoothrunnings (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:12:36 PM

little chance?

Unless you are using rawtransactions or modified your bitcoin.conf file, Bitcoin-Qt should prevent you from creating transactions like this.  If you just used the "Send" feature in the User Interface it is very odd that his happened and seems like it could be a bug in the interface.

That being said, yes it is quite unlikely that this transaction will be confirmed anytime in the next few weeks.  For that matter, it's unlikely that it will be confirmed in the next few months.

Most of the peers on the bitcoin network aren't relaying the transaction, so most miners aren't even hearing about it.  Even if they did hear about it, it is considered very low priority, so other transactions will be confirmed first.

You may want to look into the following process:

• Make certain that you are running Bitcoin-Qt version 0.8.6 (if you are not, then upgrade your Bitcoin-Qt)
  • Shut down Bitcoin-Qt
  • remove the transaction from your Bitcoin-Qt wallet with pywallet
  • leave Bitcoin-Qt shut down for a few days until the transaction is dropped from the memory pool of any peers that might have accepted it
  • start Bitcoin-Qt back up
  • Send the transaction with a proper fee (at least 0.0004 BTC), and without an output valued at less than 0.00006 BTC

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will have to move my P2Pool server to another machine then do what you suggested after I take pywallet to it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: