Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:17:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hedera Hashgraph  (Read 222 times)
chessi (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:09:18 PM

What is your opinion about Hedera Hashgraph platform? It seems like very promising DLT project with very high transaction speeds. It's not blockchain based, but DLT.

Do you think it can disrupt Ethereum for  DAPPs and ICOs?
mattlambert

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:01:07 AM

yes very much so here a site with just about everything in one place they have many big contracts already https://www.facebook.com/groups/2048159815440809/
Elysio

Activity: 658
Merit: 153

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:03:46 AM

The coin is a very high coin. you can do business during the bull season but you should not expect much. you can get good money and you can know where it is. It seems to me that a very small amount of investment can come to me as I think a little investment.
echodike

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:20:34 AM

Ethereum is a well stable platform which has been tested and trusted for some years now and still counting, so it will take another platform that's is stable which tested and trusted to displace ethereum, Hedera Hashgraph is good, but I don't it displacing ethereum
sv.alyona

Activity: 518
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 03:08:35 PM

Hedera update has been released, a six-week Hedera20 hackathon will be launched on which groups of participants will be able to test the new Hedera Consensus Service https://www.hedera.com/blog/developer-resources-update
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 03:13:15 PM
Merited by bearexin (4)

What is your opinion about Hedera Hashgraph platform? It seems like very promising DLT project with very high transaction speeds. It's not blockchain based, but DLT.

Do you think it can disrupt Ethereum for  DAPPs and ICOs?
What is DLT?
High transaction speed is not an attraction any more after lightning network kind of developments (at least for me).

Before the launch of this Hedera, I happened to see their one promotional add which was about comparing the transaction speed of BTC with ETH and then with their own project. That looked very childish to me at that time itself. Because, a payment system has lots of things to address about their development but bring up just their speed made me not to have any good opinion on them.

Honestly I like to know more about DLT (as you have mentioned about it is not a blockchain based).

At the same time, we are already having different concepts (other than usual blockchain and cryptography) based projects (sorry I could not recall the name straight away) in this crypto hence I am sure nothing is going to be surprising here. 
bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 03:42:19 PM

^ I guess hedgra is going to be another heavily advertised thing in this crypto space. I am seeing them almost everywhere. This makes me think about another corporate coin to steal investors money with their usual tricks of bumps and dumps. Because, just look at the OP and their rank, there are 100s of similar forum members who always talk about ripple/stellar across this forum.

There are plenty of chances for all the corporate coins to be successful by providing good ROI but only for the traders who book profits in quicker times and all long term holders may bite dust. Because, this is how dumps and pumps work.
gartmah

Activity: 735
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 07:45:15 AM

DLA Piper is a member of the Board of Management Companies, why they did it and what they consider prospects and ledgers
https://www.hedera.com/blog/dla-piper-the-future-of-public-distributed-ledgers-in-law-and-why-we-joined-the-hedera-governing-council
gartmah

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 08:27:10 AM

Hedera Communities for May 2020, co-founders Leemon Baird and Mance Harmon answered all questions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwqFOyDLnOU
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 12:47:01 PM

I have heard a lot about the platform and their strive for growth but however I won't be too quick to say it has the potential to beat any platform yet let alone the Ethereum platform. I think before we judge most platforms or say they can beat especially top platforms (like Ethereum), it is best to allow the platform in question to run for a long time and then check if the team are still active as before or not, of course the result of this will be reflected on the platform's growth. Many people once said one platform or the other will overtake Ethereum in different aspects but yet here we are. So let the team continue working and let the result speak for itself.

Leonardo7

Activity: 686
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 05:02:23 PM

It's now 2020, only few people know about this coin. I got to know it when the price went very high. And I bought some when the price became another trap I short it for btc on Binance. It can't compete with ethereum for DAPP. NEAR may be attempting to that in the future because of transaction fees and network clogging.
gartmah

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 02:20:30 PM

On August 13th, Zoom hosted an online webinar that discussed how Hedera can be used to combat digital ad fraud and reduce costs https://twitter.com/hashgraph/status/1293713907102687232?s=20

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: