Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:13:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [EU TAXMAN] Does Bitstamp notify EU/my countrys TAX AUTHORITY about my BTCs? KYC  (Read 1062 times)
alexanderrrr (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:01:42 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2016, 03:28:23 PM by alexanderrrr

remove
jack0m
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1988

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:12:47 PM

Hi there,

Bitstamp have been all bitchy about KYC questionaires etc lately aswell has implenting the mandatory verification process not a long time ago. Maybe it's just pressure from banks.
But what happens with this information?

1) Does Bitstamp send the statistics/cashflow information of my account to the tax authorities in my country (EU)?
If yes, what sums $$?

2) I was wondering if it's 100% safe to request an withdraw to a bank located in Hong Kong, without being exposed by Bitstamp to the taxman where I live.

I know Bitstamp is not a bank but they almost act like one. Need to be 100% sure on this.

Hope you guys can help me out!
Thanks in advance

ps. I will never go near BTC-E, don't even suggest it Wink

answer by support:

Dear XXX,

thank you for your inquiry.

We can only disclose information when presented with a Production order or a Court order or a similar document.

Without such a document we are prohibited to disclose any private information of our users without breaching the provisions of our Privacy Policy and the Data Protection Act 1998. For more info, please see: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/contents

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Miha Grčar
---
Bitstamp LIMITED
5 J. House, Calleva Park, Aldermaston, Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom

Money is a hoax. Debt is slavery. Consumerism is toxic.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:35:44 PM

As i know, you do not pay tax when you are trading bitcoins as a private person. You do not provide a service or goods to be taxed in the first place.
However, if you are having a company with assets in bitcoin you might have to declare it in company balance sheet.
meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:13:27 AM

Hi there,

Bitstamp have been all bitchy about KYC questionaires etc lately aswell has implenting the mandatory verification process not a long time ago. Maybe it's just pressure from banks.
But what happens with this information?

1) Does Bitstamp send the statistics/cashflow information of my account to the tax authorities in my country (EU)?
If yes, what sums $$?

2) I was wondering if it's 100% safe to request an withdraw to a bank located in Hong Kong, without being exposed by Bitstamp to the taxman where I live.

I know Bitstamp is not a bank but they almost act like one. Need to be 100% sure on this.

Hope you guys can help me out!
Thanks in advance

ps. I will never go near BTC-E, don't even suggest it Wink

What kind of KYC questionnaires do they have?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: