Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:20:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If your write a wrong destination tag, you loss your xrp?  (Read 148 times)
Questat (OP)

Activity: 2842
Merit: 604

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:14:57 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2018, 03:42:55 PM by Questat

I made a wrong transfer recently to hitbtc using the correct address but with wrong destination tag and my XRP deposit were not credited into my account.

So I am soliciting for your advise from your experience to know if there is a chance that my xrp will be credited.

After receiving their email telling they will review my concern, I was able to provide some proof that such transaction belongs to me and currently waiting for their next reply.

While waiting, I would like to hear some comments from people who come across with this kind of problem before.

_______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________

Update : Sept 4, 2018, problem has been solved, all my funds were credited..

Thanks to hitbtc, I did not expect this fast.........

SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:21:49 AM

it's something very annoying with such mistakes, and you need to be patient to wait for your coins to be credited until they enter again
Questat (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:26:27 AM

it's something very annoying with such mistakes, and you need to be patient to wait for your coins to be credited until they enter again
So you are saying there's still a chance that it will be credited?
If my coins will be loss, I swear I will not use XRP transactions anymore, it's not user friendly, that destination tag is a problem for average users IMO. Sad

cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:28:24 AM

Well you already do the right thing to contact their support and you just need to wait and hope they can return it to you.
I found a Q&A site and he asked the same thing as you asked and he said if he got his coin back
Can I recover funds where the wrong destination tag was used while transferring ripple to bittrex? [closed]
yeah i got them back in 15 days

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
Questat (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:56:50 AM

Well you already do the right thing to contact their support and you just need to wait and hope they can return it to you.
I found a Q&A site and he asked the same thing as you asked and he said if he got his coin back
Can I recover funds where the wrong destination tag was used while transferring ripple to bittrex? [closed]
yeah i got them back in 15 days
Thanks for the wonderful words. Now, My worries are gone.

jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:05:29 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2018, 09:24:14 AM by jhenfelipe

This is from HitBTC forum: XRP Deposit hasn't shown up-Forgot Destination Tag , the case got solved as well, though it wasn't mentioned the number of waiting days.

A friendly reminder, don't rush when you are making a transaction. Double/triple check before confirming to avoid the same problem from happening again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: