Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:16:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My own alt-coin - how and what should I do?  (Read 1117 times)
platorin (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:38:56 PM

Hello, I would like to ask few questions about creating my own altcoin. I have absolutley no knowledge in software coding, but nonetheless I would like to learn something new. So, if anyone were so kind to answer me, I'd be very  indebted.

Here we go:

1. Does creating and launching your own cryptocurrency requires a specific programming skills or is it possible to do it without it, or with someone's help? (well I know this might sound silly, and I should know the answer, but I had to ask anyway Wink
2. What programming language is required?
3. Is it a complicated process? Let's assume I'd like to change the following things: logo, loading software logotype, name, adresses, amount of coins in circulation, time period between new block and the old one and ammount of coins generated per block?
4. How do I launch my altcoin? Do I compile the source code and the chain is on once the genesis block is generated?
5. Do I need any server for my crypto?
6. What about pools? How do I create them?
7. Blockexplorer? How do I implement it on a website? Does every cryptocurrency has its own blockexplorer avaliable to view on a website?

Thank you very much in advance Wink

Plato

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dannie
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:13:55 PM

Hello, I would like to ask few questions about creating my own altcoin. I have absolutley no knowledge in software coding, but nonetheless I would like to learn something new. So, if anyone were so kind to answer me, I'd be very  indebted.

Here we go:

1. Does creating and launching your own cryptocurrency requires a specific programming skills or is it possible to do it without it, or with someone's help? (well I know this might sound silly, and I should know the answer, but I had to ask anyway Wink
3. Is it a complicated process? Let's assume I'd like to change the following things: logo, loading software logotype, name, adresses, amount of coins in circulation, time period between new block and the old one and ammount of coins generated per block?
4. How do I launch my altcoin? Do I compile the source code and the chain is on once the genesis block is generated?
7. Blockexplorer? How do I implement it on a website? Does every cryptocurrency has its own blockexplorer avaliable to view on a website?

Plato

If you have zero knowledge in programming, it will be very hard for you to do it yourself.
But if what you want is just a bitcoin/litecoin clone (with changes in item #3), you can create it on coingen with just 0.05btc.

FightCoin

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:59:34 PM

Hello, I would like to ask few questions about creating my own altcoin. I have absolutley no knowledge in software coding, but nonetheless I would like to learn something new. So, if anyone were so kind to answer me, I'd be very  indebted.

Here we go:

Plato

Did you find your answers?
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:12:41 PM

Had no idea it was this cheap and easy, pretty soon we will have a billion coins.
How about this, chesthingcoin. Purpose - to get me rich, of course. Everything about it is like Ltecoin except there are 100 billion coins. Any interest before I plop down my $30?
Holy shit talk about buying worthless vapor, this whole scene is not going to exist next year at this rate.
sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:18:38 PM

Yes it is extremely easy to create a clone coin. You simply download the source of any coin you wish and change a few parameters. Compile it and cut and paste the new genesis, recompile and bam, you have your new coin. Takes zero coding knowledge to make a clone coin.
jonnysomething

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:23:31 PM

Tip: Do not create a coin.

If you're going to create a coin, make sure that it serves a purpose. Not that it "might serve a purpose" or that people "might think the name is awesome" and don't create a coin that will require another company adopt the use of it, because they probably won't.

If you truly think you have a great idea, you probably don't. But there is a chance, and if so, you're going to spend a lot of time looking for a team to build it. I am currently doing that.

Good luck, but please realize that it is 90% likely your coin isn't needed and a 99% chance it won't succeed.
lasciv

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:39:33 PM

Hey, I think you should make a coin. I'm looking forward to it. Don't listen to these people, they are wrong.

Try coingen.io. Some of the best coins out there were made that way. You don't need any technical knowledge.
I can help you if you want. I accept Tomatocage and Sasha Grey coins, these are very hard to find.
You should consider making an IPO, premine some for your hard work and find some whales to back you up. This is the new, innovative approach. Also, you will have to pay me (marketing), lawyer, accountant, medical insurance (maybe citizens of some small country) etc. That is why the premine is essential for the success of your coin.
I can also help you get your coin on an exchange, right after launch.
I can promote your coin on Twitter if you want.

PM me if you are serious about making a difference here. I am willing to help you change the crypto scene forever.

Kiss
IvanGrozniy

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:06:02 PM

Hello, I would like to ask few questions about creating my own altcoin. I have absolutley no knowledge in software coding, but nonetheless I would like to learn something new. So, if anyone were so kind to answer me, I'd be very  indebted.

Here we go:

Plato

If you have zero knowledge in programming, it will be very hard for you to do it yourself.
But if what you want is just a bitcoin/litecoin clone (with changes in item #3), you can create it on coingen with just 0.05btc.
I have paid coingen 2 days ago. Still got nothing. I have sent emails to them with no reply. Be aware - you can't get a refund with Bitcoin transactions.
voileipa

Activity: 116

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:32:26 PM

Check out our service:
http://coincreator.net
ScroogeD

Activity: 70

█ Scrooge D Silver █

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:35:37 PM

If you want to create a coin, please search for a good team and especially a good dev.

If you use coingen or coincreator, it will be just one of those crap & copy coins. I will blacklist them right away. Angry

Good luck

BTC & LTC #DOGE #DRK #HUC #VTC
Blacklist #Maxcoin - Amateur Devs with ignorant JP Morgan Keiser
voileipa

Activity: 116

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:21:19 AM

Check out our service:
http://coincreator.net
I would love to use your services. I have to ask because of no refunds and chargebacks with Bitcoin transactions. How can I trust you? Do you have any references?

You can try the limited Freecoin version without charge in order to verify that everything works.

A coin created by our service: http://podcoin.org/
platorin (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:56:56 PM

Thank you for your answers. I have not been checking the topic, since for quite some time there were only one answer. All best to all of you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: