Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:06:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoBoreas - Canadian Bitcoin Mining Hosting (CLOSING DOWN!!)  (Read 33215 times)
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 04:00:53 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 08:20:43 PM by allinvain

We now have several shipping addresses, so please ask us before you do any shipping quotes!

We now have a modest web presence at: http://www.cryptoboreas.com

Internet connectivity:

Internet connection is redundant.

Cooling:

Cooling is air based. The climate in our Labrador data center is very well suited for what we do - it gets cold there and remains cold nearly year-round. Summers are also very mild with only a few days of ~29-30C Temps.

Hosting Fees:

All prices are in CAD (Canadian Dollars) and are based on 1 Kw/month (ie 1000 watts continuously per month). All non month-to-month terms are pre-paid.

1 Month             $75

3 Month             $70

6 Month             $65  

TBD = to be determined

*priced updated Sept 02, 2015*

Accepted payment methods: BTC, CAD (in the form of Interac e-mail money transfer, wire-payment, direct bank deposit)

If you pay in BTC it will be based on the btc/cad exchange rate at the time the bill is issued. CAD is preferred as all expenses are paid in CAD and you as a miner likely want to keep your btc as well.

Setup Fee:

We do not charge any setup fees.

Power supply for the miner can be either provided by you or you can rent one for an additional $4 a month.

Monitoring and maintenance:

It's included in the monthly fee. Later on we may setup some sort of VPN or remote desktop access.
If you have sufficient gear with us you can have your own subnet on our LAN and you can put your own pc/laptop/server/etc on the LAN and remote into it so you can manage your miners that way.

Security:

Location is securely locked. More advanced security system is planned. IPTV security system will be setup.

The precise location is kept private for obvious reasons. What we can disclose is that we are located in the Canadian province of Labrador.

International Clients:

Yes we do accept international clients. Our hosting is ideal for US clients specifically as they are geographically close by and shipping will be cheaper for them as well as compared to EU or other countries. Also the USD/CAD exchange rate is favorable.

How to sign up:

If you are interested in hosting with us you can either PM us here, or you can use the contact us form on our website (http://www.cryptoboreas.com)

We look forward to serving your mining needs!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 04:10:20 PM

*reserved*

wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:21:10 PM

Your rates are WAY to high, it costs under $1 a day to run an antminer.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 11:37:21 PM

Your rates are WAY to high, it costs under $1 a day to run an antminer.

I think you thinking of just the power costs alone. As for the total cost I took what some of the other hosters are charging and undercut them by a bit. I may lower the price still. If you look at a popular hosting offer by sushi-review (reseller of antminers) he asks 0.50 btc for two months hosting which at today's average is $166 a month.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 10:52:19 PM

Just an update. I have found another spot that is suitable. The one I choose all depends on whether anyone else wants me to host their miners as well. If not then I will go at it on my own. We can get up to 3000 square feet if needed.

guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 01:08:17 AM

As for the location, can you at least give us a province? That would be nice to know and I'm sure wouldn't really compromise the security of the location at all.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 02:41:30 AM

If you're interested, we could refer potential clients to one another... I can send you Canadian referrals and you could pass me US referrals?

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 03:56:19 AM

As for the location, can you at least give us a province? That would be nice to know and I'm sure wouldn't really compromise the security of the location at all.

The facility is located in Ontario. I will update the first post as well.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 04:03:36 AM

If you're interested, we could refer potential clients to one another... I can send you Canadian referrals and you could pass me US referrals?

That's a good idea. I'd be glad to do that.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 04:14:10 AM

I lowered prices for both Antminers and Jupiter units (regardless if they're Oct or Nov batch). I'll likely lower it yet again once I figure how how much it will cost to insure the gear and of course factor that into the monthly price.

spiderdk

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:44:40 AM

I am curious and I do not understand much about it. But...

I googled Antminer S1, and got it has 180 Gh/s. I went down and checked how much it could do daily with BTC, and got today is around $14 USD.

Considering the BTC difficulty and others alternatives SHA-256 coins, isnt almost sure you could make more than 90 CND a month with one of those? So, why rent?

When you will start running it? If it takes like 2 months for you to build, than the BTC difficulty will be higher and these calculation does not fit into my considerations.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 04:58:24 AM

I am curious and I do not understand much about it. But...

I googled Antminer S1, and got it has 180 Gh/s. I went down and checked how much it could do daily with BTC, and got today is around $14 USD.

Considering the BTC difficulty and others alternatives SHA-256 coins, isnt almost sure you could make more than 90 CND a month with one of those? So, why rent?

When you will start running it? If it takes like 2 months for you to build, than the BTC difficulty will be higher and these calculation does not fit into my considerations.

Like I said I will likely lower the price even more. But an antminer should make $442 a month at the current difficulty. Naturally the kind of people that will be hosting them are those that have quite a few. I'm also thinking of offering volume discounts as well. It would make sense.

I anticipate I can get a ready to use facility in 2 to 3 weeks max.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:54:26 AM

When are you looking at taking orders?
The rates are not bad considering the exchange rate as well.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 04:03:40 AM

I could likely start taking orders in a week and a half. If I know there is definite interest I can do my best to speed up the process. You looking to host just antminers?

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:11:55 AM

I am thinking of it.  I have to save up for it though.
I also sent you a PM.   Smiley

I could likely start taking orders in a week and a half. If I know there is definite interest I can do my best to speed up the process. You looking to host just antminers?

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 04:23:02 AM

Got your PM and replied.

At the moment a brand new Antminer is 1.11 BTC, but they may lower their prices in the coming weeks. You could perhaps find a good deal on a second-hand antminers either here on the forum or ebay and other classifieds sites.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:28:46 AM

Thanks.
I have been keeping a close eye on the sales.
In fact today I listed my Avalon that is running at 83 gh/s on ebay to try and get the money for an S1.
I hate that I have to list it so high there but the dam ebay fees are crazy.
Hopefully someone gets it though.

Got your PM and replied.

At the moment a brand new Antminer is 1.11 BTC, but they may lower their prices in the coming weeks. You could perhaps find a good deal on a second-hand antminers either here on the forum or ebay and other classifieds sites.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 04:31:33 AM

Yeah, I avoid ebay for selling now. The only positive thing about ebay is that it seems buyers are willing to pay more, but of course there are downside risks - like fraud or refund.

Good luck with the sale!

Thanks.
In fact today I listed my Avalon that is running at 83 gh/s on ebay to try and get the money for an S1.

Got your PM and replied.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:41:55 AM

I have been selling stuff on there for a while but not anything expensive.  My wife on the other hand has a small store on there and she has had great luck.
This one has me nervous as if I get scammed I lose not only the money but the BTC it generates.
Nerve racking.
You are right too people there pay alot more for stuff.  Here is would only sell for maybe tops $300 on there it will be $600 to $700.  One went just a couple weeks ago for $1000.
I guess on there it is about convenience too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141217187115?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Crazy thing is that it is reporting 86 gh/s on BTCGuild right now for the last 6 hrs.  It is a beast for sure that just runs and runs.

Thanks for the luck I need it.

Yeah, I avoid ebay for selling now. The only positive thing about ebay is that it seems buyers are willing to pay more, but of course there are downside risks - like fraud or refund.

Good luck with the sale!

Thanks.

Got your PM and replied.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 05:43:36 AM

I think the buyers on ebay just don't know how to value miners. Some would use not so kind words to describe them, but I shall refrain. But I think you are also right about the convenience part, and to that I would add that the buyer protection offered by paypal is an important factor as well. So although they may be paying more for the hardware there is less of a risk involved as compared to buying the gear from some random dude on the forum. Pros and Cons as with anything.

I agree, the Avalon miners are true heavy beasts of mining burden. Since you have a batch 2 or 3 avalon with first gen chips I think you are making a good decision to sell it. You can cut power consumption in half and double the hashing power by replacing your avalon with an Antminer.

I have been selling stuff on there for a while but not anything expensive.  My wife on the other hand has a small store on there and she has had great luck.
This one has me nervous as if I get scammed I lose not only the money but the BTC it generates.
Nerve racking.
You are right too people there pay alot more for stuff.  Here is would only sell for maybe tops $300 on there it will be $600 to $700.  One went just a couple weeks ago for $1000.
I guess on there it is about convenience too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141217187115?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Crazy thing is that it is reporting 86 gh/s on BTCGuild right now for the last 6 hrs.  It is a beast for sure that just runs and runs.

Thanks for the luck I need it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: