Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:07:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the game, transfers and startup  (Read 520 times)
warlogna (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:21:41 PM

Hey all.

I've recently gotten into the BTC and Altcoin markets and I'm excited to get started. Unfortunately while my coinbase account was being verified I couldn't get in on the recent AUR or MZC pumps (Though I have my eye on both of them). Luckily,  BTC went up about $100 between the time I purchased the coins and now, so I've already made money.
Anyway, I've got about $400 of my own money in the system, and another $2,000 from a benefactor who wants in on the action. If all goes well with the $2,000, I'll be circulating more and more cash around the system- we're talking ten or twenty thousand and up. I can find all the beginner guides and how-to's myself. I'm keeping spreadsheets of trends and market rise/falls and keeping tabs on anything that seems interesting or intuitive. I can identify the "safe bets" and I'm pleased to see the market as a whole is on the rise.

As you probably gathered, I have no idea what I'm doing. None. I'm not a stock broker. I've always been interested in stocks but I just got my first coin yesterday. I'm looking for any tips and advice that anyone has to offer, particularly bits of personal experience that don't show up on guides. Any reference tools you have available (Should I purchase a book on stock markets and study?). I'm also having a difficult time getting the money into coins. I've tried the Virwox route but I can only put $100 through there. Coinbase won't let me continue until the first transaction finishes (We're talking 8 days before it can hit market) and I'm under a lot of pressure to get this out there and move the money now. Mostly because the investor doesn't understand these coins in the slightest.

I'm also having difficulty grasping the Buy/sell wall and how to avoid being manipulated by one. It's the almost-vertical portion of the Depth chart on Cryptsy (or other exchanges), right? Someone who wants to sell places a large buy order that won't be filled just to increase the average buy price, is that right?

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. $2400 isn't that much money, but I'm actually terrified of moving around $20,000 of someone else's money and I know I'm in well over my head.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:38:18 PM

Drop me a PM and I'll see if I can help you out. I don't help a great many people, but I've been known to share advice with a few people I trust. The biggest thing you need to be weary of is that people are going to give you all sorts of conflicting advice because they're going to want you to invest in the coins they hold or want to do well. You don't want to be pumping the price of other people's holdings. You want to ride the pumps of other coins and make a tidy profit.

Personally not my style to pump coins that aren't doing well. I only focus on coins I think are going up. If you want some genuine advice, I'd be happy to help you out.

There are a 101 ways to be burned in crypto. Don't make any rash decisions, and always do your own research as well. Don't take anyone at their word alone.

Oh, and never invest what you can't afford to lose. Golden Rule 1#

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
warlogna (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:41:39 PM

First and final Bump.

I'd really like an insider's thoughts and tactics to avoid buy/sells walls or to work with them rather than against.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: