Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:42:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Real Reason Why Police Cage Peaceful Protestors  (Read 1069 times)
mizerydearia (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 01:30:13 PM

A very well written article:

The Real Reason Why Police Cage Peaceful Protestors

Dan Hancox is a London-based journalist working for the Guardian and others, the editor of Fight Back!, and the author of Kettled Youth.

I stumbled upon this article (which is quite amazing) after seeing this video.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiyote

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 09:36:49 PM

I know some people who've been locked up at the Occupy Chicago movements.  One of the guys started chatting with the cops, asking why the first week every protester was in and out, and the second week it took a 1.5 days+, and the cop told him that the previous weeks, the protesters were considered special.  The current week, policy makers changed their minds, and now they were moving at the normal speed. 

Sometimes maliciousness isn't the answer, just bureaucracy. 
Red

Activity: 210
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 10:33:34 PM

Watched the video. Are you calling that a peaceful protest? Taking things from the police, blocking traffic. Stopping busses.

Have you ever considered the police might be speaking for the people on the busses and in needless traffic? Perhaps the public considers the police their way of peacefully protesting against the protesters.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:19:05 AM

Watched the video. Are you calling that a peaceful protest? Taking things from the police, blocking traffic. Stopping busses.

Have you ever considered the police might be speaking for the people on the busses and in needless traffic? Perhaps the public considers the police their way of peacefully protesting against the protesters.

I am uncertain in which way you have evaluated my referencing the video had any correlation to peacefulness.  I did not provide any such communications to describe, explain, detail, analyze, document, illustrate, explain, cover or otherwise characterize any contents, events or actions contained within the video.  My only reference to the video was one in which had let me to an article which I had found after I learned about the idea or precedent of barbed wire caging for humans (as may be already common for other animals).

I wonder when there will be cagings and farmings for humans similar to other animals.  I, for one, welcome our new quality packaged human meat produ....wait, what? O____X
Red

Activity: 210
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 04:02:51 AM

I am uncertain in which way you have evaluated my referencing the video had any correlation to peacefulness.  I did not provide any such communications to describe, explain, detail, analyze, document, illustrate, explain, cover or otherwise characterize any contents, events or actions contained within the video.  My only reference to the video was one in which had let me to an article which I had found after I learned about the idea or precedent of barbed wire caging for humans (as may be already common for other animals).

So I went back and read most of the article. It seems like most of the people are getting off easy. They are throwing rock through the windows of public buildings and trying to break in. The penalty is getting locked up for 5 hours? You get locked up longer than that if you piss in the street at Mardi Gras.

So last I checked, the English elected their government. Then when some people don't like the actions of that government they decide they can occupy public buildings and disrupt everyone's government. That seems hardly "peaceful". It is a parliamentary system, all they have to do is call for a vote of "no confidence".

I wonder when there will be cagings and farmings for humans similar to other animals.  I, for one, welcome our new quality packaged human meat produ....wait, what? O____X

Soylent Green! Hey at least it's Green! I bet they're tasty!
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 12:08:09 PM

Because arresting peaceful people is easy?

If you arrest a mafia guy then you have to fear for your family and so on... while from a peaceful guy you have nothing to worry about!

mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 05:30:17 PM

Because arresting peaceful people is easy?

If you arrest a mafia guy then you have to fear for your family and so on... while from a peaceful guy you have nothing to worry about!

Interesting point.  I, for one, welcome our new operation mafia overlords
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 06:47:44 PM

So I went back and read most of the article. It seems like most of the people are getting off easy. They are throwing rock through the windows of public buildings and trying to break in. The penalty is getting locked up for 5 hours? You get locked up longer than that if you piss in the street at Mardi Gras.

So last I checked, the English elected their government. Then when some people don't like the actions of that government they decide they can occupy public buildings and disrupt everyone's government. That seems hardly "peaceful". It is a parliamentary system, all they have to do is call for a vote of "no confidence".

Soylent Green! Hey at least it's Green! I bet they're tasty!

They'll do anything to stop future protesters: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/02/20/test-tube-meat-to-be-available-this-fall-scientist-says/

Your order, please.
Yes. I'll have the McOWS.
Would you like a Shamrock Shake with that.
Why not? I'm feeling rather adventurous today.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: