Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:39:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is MAZACOIN the only legal cryptocurrency?  (Read 4674 times)
anyone4u

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:48:34 PM

is MAZACOIN the only legal cryptocurrency?

No.

It is however a scamcoin with a HUGE premine and a silly story.  See Auroraoin but in this case the "people" don't have computers or legal documents even or jobs or internet.

lmfao if it was true, like africacoin or something like that where there is no internet or computers and average life expectancy is like age 26 or less because most of the population has aids because they are too stupid not to just not have sex or just use condoms and most of them are nasty dirty whores.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:59:05 PM

Under international law BTC would be legal for indigenous populations to use regardless of its legal status in the country they reside in. As under international law indigenous populations have the legal right to adopted and use any currency they choose, independent of the host nation.

Having said that Mazacoin looks simply to be a scam coin thrust on them by someone claiming to have created the coin for them.

I think you are mixing thing up.  There is a very big difference between declaring a coin as the legal currency of a nation and the legal use of a currency.

I think you got what I wrote mixed up and read into it what you chose too. I never said anything about legal currency of a nation, I simply said under international law indigenous populations have the legal right to adopt and use any currency they choose.

Having the legal right internationally doesn't guarantee the host nation will allow you too, many nations consistently violate international law, with little or no repercussions.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:07:26 AM

Under international law BTC would be legal for indigenous populations to use regardless of its legal status in the country they reside in. As under international law indigenous populations have the legal right to adopted and use any currency they choose, independent of the host nation.

Having said that Mazacoin looks simply to be a scam coin thrust on them by someone claiming to have created the coin for them.

I think you are mixing thing up.  There is a very big difference between declaring a coin as the legal currency of a nation and the legal use of a currency.

I think you got what I wrote mixed up and read into it what you chose too. I never said anything about legal currency of a nation, I simply said under international law indigenous populations have the legal right to adopt and use any currency they choose.

Having the legal right internationally doesn't guarantee the host nation will allow you too, many nations consistently violate international law, with little or no repercussions.

You are stating the obvious in both paragraphs.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:02:02 AM

You really think the US has no deal with those tribes, they can try hide their pride under laws and historical reparations but when I see a map I only read "United States of America", Mazacoin and any other coin is under US laws, so far they have been favorable to Bitcoin, for Mazacoin luck.

Clearly you don't understand tribal law then. I live in Oklahoma and it is established that if a crime happens on tribal territory then it is usually their jurisdiction. The tribes have a lot of power and frankly a lot of money. The Lakota may be the poorest of the tribes but don't think other ones won't watch this eagerly. I think this coin has the potential to be as huge as Bitcoin, imagine the average investor who is already nervous about Bitcoin being a den of ponzi schemers and drug dealers, they see a legal authorized currency from a recognized Indian tribe, it puts their minds at ease about putting their money into it.

Also, who says ONLY the Lakota has to use it? I can imagine other neighboring tribes adopting it as well, and obviously most people right now buying it are not Indian either. It could finally be the alternative currency that libertarians and patriot types have always wanted to compete with the US dollar except now the feds can't come in and seize all the reserves and arrest the creator.

I see you are a mazacoin fanboy, so I shouldn't even waste time replying, but think about this: who allowed or made the: laws? US gov, money? US gov, "power"? US gov, nothing so far from this tribes are anything beyond what the western civilization allows.
And no 80 IQ or above libertarian will get out of the FED dollar right into a premined coin.
All these things you associate bitcoin with are nothing but force-fed FUD from the media, bitcoin is the most neutral coin so far it can serve to almost any purposes, except a quick-rich scheme.

I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:36:04 AM

And it's trading fast at Atomic-Trade exchange.  That exchange is Registered with FinCen! So USD trades possible too.

USA  Exchange Https://www.Atomic-Trade.com

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
annable

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:47:14 AM

Bitcoin is considered as a currency by the United Kingdom.

wow its good news!!
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:54:05 AM

Also,  you need to do some research to claim that Mazacoin doesn't have approval from its tribal governing body (which it does).

Yeah yeah singular member of the Lakota nation council looks at the idea of using bitcoin as the official currency after its promotion by a singular member of the Lakota nation.

They look at the idea of accepting all cryptocurrency and they are approached by a dev team that wants to push forward their own scam coin, hence the creation of yet another unnecessary scam coin.

2 individual members of a nation can't suddenly declare it the legal currency of a nation (unless of course its a dictatorship).
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:59:19 AM

Also,  you need to do some research to claim that Mazacoin doesn't have approval from its tribal governing body (which it does).

Yeah yeah singular member of the Lakota nation council looks at the idea of using bitcoin as the official currency after its promotion by a singular member of the Lakota nation.

They look at the idea of accepting all cryptocurrency and they are approached by a dev team that wants to push forward their own scam coin, hence the creation of yet another unnecessary scam coin.

You need to spend time reading the documents rather than coming up with some speculation about this.

Here is the original article in Forbes magazine back in December that talks about it:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasperhamill/2013/12/19/native-american-activist-wants-to-swap-the-dollar-for-bitcoin/

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:03:21 AM

You need to spend time reading the documents rather than coming up with some speculation about this.

Here is the original article in Forbes magazine back in December that talks about it:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasperhamill/2013/12/19/native-american-activist-wants-to-swap-the-dollar-for-bitcoin/

Read that article and 10 more like it, plus several video interviews with both that activist and the tribal council member (With the tribal council member stating clearly on several occasions he doesn't understand cryptocurrencies).

Prior to forming my opinion.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:16:55 AM

Read that article and 10 more like it, plus several video interviews with both that activist and the tribal council member (With the tribal council member stating clearly on several occasions he doesn't understand cryptocurrencies).

Prior to forming my opinion.

Just because the tribal leaders don't understand it doesn't mean they didn't bless it or see its potential either. I see far too many geeks here who try to argue Bitcoin will be great because it solves the Byzantine Generals problem or explaining the intricacies of the blockchain, yada yada, it's all geek talk frankly and most people don't care, just like most people don't know the difference or care to whether a coin is SHA-256, scrypt or written in Visual Basic. What people care is whether this is the future of money and will it secure their wealth and make the transfer of it between parties easier, end of story. If Maza can solve this and build wealth for the future of the Tribe, then it serves its purpose. I also think it might surprise people and attract far more mainstream investors than Bitcoin will in a short term because it's not infected with the media taint of drugs, money laundering and ponzi crooks, because let's face it, Bitcoin has a BAD image right now even if it isn't deserved. The battle for crypto will be fought not by technical achievements but in the public arena.
peacefulmind

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:22:51 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 03:33:14 AM by peacefulmind

See Auroraoin but in this case the "people" don't have computers or legal documents even or jobs or internet.

Are you that ignorant that you think native american indians dont have computers, jobs, legal documents, or the Internet?

Lets tell the truth about this:

Recent reports vary but many point out that the median income on the Lakota Reservation is approximately $2,600 to $3,500 per year.

The unemployment rate on Lakota Nation is said to be approximately 83-85% and can be higher during the winter months when travel is difficult or often impossible.

About 97% of the population lives below Federal poverty levels.

There is little industry, technology, or commercial infrastructure on the Reservation to provide employment.

So I tell the truth and try to warn people and you pull out the "ohh racist bigot" card.  Facts are facts this is a giant scam, who is going to install the internet backbone and hand out PCs so this "sovereign advanced country" can even use their coins?  The devs will DUMP them all when the people are not able to claim them.

The official Lakota Tribal council has not approved this in any official document, the devs just say "someone associated with the tribe approved it."  WTF does that mean?

I could say I am associated to the tribe because I have researched them.  Come on.  Shills and fools.

I dare anyone to PUBLICLY BUY 15-30 BTC worth and HOLD them for a year in a public address, locked in escrow, where you cannot get your MAZA back until 12 months from now, if you had balls that is what you would do if you really KNOW this is the best shit ever.  Step up be a man and prove it.  Buy 15-30 BTC worth and lock them up publicly in escrow so thjat they will not be released for 1 year.

If you have the balls to do that - I'll buy some.  Any takers?  Isn't this the best thing ever that is going to be worth billions and change the world???

You just got owned by FACTS.  LRN2RESEARCH.

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:33:26 AM

See Auroraoin but in this case the "people" don't have computers or legal documents even or jobs or internet.

Are you that ignorant that you think native american indians dont have computers, jobs, legal documents, or the Internet?

Lets tell the truth about this:

Recent reports vary but many point out that the median income on the Lakota Reservation is approximately $2,600 to $3,500 per year.

The unemployment rate on Lakota Nation is said to be approximately 83-85% and can be higher during the winter months when travel is difficult or often impossible.

About 97% of the population lives below Federal poverty levels.

There is little industry, technology, or commercial infrastructure on the Reservation to provide employment.

So I tell the truth and try to warn people and you pull out the "ohh racist bigot" card.  Facts are facts this is a giant scam, who is going to install the internet backbone and hand out PCs so this "sovereign advanced country" can even use their coins?  The devs will DUMP them all when the people are not able to claim them.

You just got owned by FACTS.  LRN2RESEARCH.

And do you honestly think poor people in America's ghettos or trailer parks still using 1999 Packard bells with AOL dial up are any more ready for Bitcoin? Or ordinary middle-class housewives who use iPhones instead of computers because it's idiot proof? Sorry but come down to earth, Bitcoin is still at not much a higher point for mass adoption than Maza or Aurora is.

Most Americans don't even own any stock, and if they do they rely on a broker. Do you really imagine the average American owning a Bitcoin wallet and buying Bitcoin within the next 2 years, because I certainly don't. The best we can expect is we see a whole industry of middle men who buy it for them as a speculator commodity.
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:37:29 AM

is MAZACOIN the only legal cryptocurrency?

No.

It is however a scamcoin with a HUGE premine and a silly story.  See Auroraoin but in this case the "people" don't have computers or legal documents even or jobs or internet.

lmfao if it was true, like africacoin or something like that where there is no internet or computers and average life expectancy is like age 26 or less because most of the population has aids because they are too stupid not to just not have sex or just use condoms and most of them are nasty dirty whores.

I wouldn't use racist remarks here even if you don't like a particular coin. Wiping out the whole of Africa as retarded is not something to be discussed on public forums. There have been great minds coming out of Africa so lease respect all races in this forum we are just discussing coins.
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:48:01 AM

I don't have much sympathy for migrant northern-siberian (present day russian siberia) who try to claim 'victimhood' while they themselves waged racial, cultural, and ethnic wars and crimes against not only the founders of United States but also against each other and to other disadvantaged people until the late 19th century (aztec slavery and huron war of virtual genocide against other tribes are few of many).

Forget the idiotic bitching about 'pox blankets' (disease from the 'old world' devastated the amerindian population far before foundation of United States - by the time conflict started with United States of America, amerindian population was already past the stage where such disease could have affected them any worse then the old world people), or 'holocaust' (maybe they will like to reclaim their 'heritage' and live under Aztec slavery instead).

Two racially charged people, one of them clearly worse then the other, went to war and one of them won. At least US doesn't deny its actions as much as these insipid 'natives' playing at being victims. These pathetic 'amerindians' are in no position to play at having some moral ground regarding their attitudes.

Also, the idea of crypto currency is that it's not controlled by some established entity of governance. If anything, those who support it with hashing machines are the ones holding the sway. Lakota have little means to do so, while rest of the world do, not to mention US government.

Let's be realistic. I got no tolerance for these fools playing at being mouthy 'victims' while enjoying the benefits and relative peace under what is realistically one of the most successful and prosperous nation on earth. This is more than they deserve.

They should count their lucky stars it wasn't someone else who got to the Americas first. They would have met the fate of Ainus and Ughyrs, not to mention other minority tribes that simply ceased to exist at all. Geronimo wouldn't have had a chance to make nice with the so-called 'oppressors', but would have had his head stuck on a pike while his 'people' would have been reduced to complete slavery without any qualifiers.

Fuck the amerindians. I got no problem being 'racist' against those who are asking for it. As a minority in America who lived around the world, the bitching and moaning of these so called 'victims' are laughable. So are the mouth and antics of those who all of a sudden seems to care SO MUCH about 'indigenous' rights while attempting to ignore and silence those within their own countries who really do deserve a voice, which they completely deny.

Give Kurds, Ainus, Ughyrs and other 'minorities' in your nations their land back, which is far more over due than a couple centuries that US has been around.

LOL bitches/
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:53:42 AM

Fuck the amerindians. I got no problem being 'racist' against those who are asking for it. As a minority in America who lived around the world, the bitching and moaning of these so called 'victims' are laughable.

Name one single treaty the US ever honored with the tribes, there is not one, but the Indians are getting the last laugh sucking the white man dry every weekend at the Casinos.
peacefulmind

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:57:34 AM

/facepalm

hahahahahaha.  Rarely do I LOL IRL after a forum post anymore.

I think that may actually be sig worthy.

Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:58:27 AM

Fuck the amerindians. I got no problem being 'racist' against those who are asking for it. As a minority in America who lived around the world, the bitching and moaning of these so called 'victims' are laughable.

Name one single treaty the US ever honored with the tribes, there is not one, but the Indians are getting the last laugh sucking the white man dry every weekend at the Casinos.

LOL those casinos are failures that caused great divide within their own tribes because for all their bitching, they changed their tune when profits started rolling in. How cheap is their so-called 'conviction' Smiley

White man got the last laugh on that little venture, trust me Grin

In regards to those 'treaties', those tribes didn't even deserve them. I will, however, let you know the single biggest treaty offered by amerindians that they conveniently broke (just like all other justifications about their 'honor' and 'nobility'): 'This land belongs to no one but earth'.

They sure changed their tune quickly to 'our land' when things turned out different than what they wanted. People are calling you out on your little bullshit.

The biggest hypocrites are the amerindians, who even managed to deceive themselves about how 'they were the ones betrayed'. Every other word out of their mouths were self-deceiving lies. Your 'feelings' and actual actions show great discrepancy. Typical bitch mentality.
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:03:06 AM

/facepalm

hahahahahaha.  Rarely do I LOL IRL after a forum post anymore.

For someone with the name peacefulmind you are one hateful little troll. By the way I like how you threaten to throw around bets of 10-20BTC,  you are probably a spoiled rich brat like Fontas who gets off on posting his lavish lifestyle photos on Instagram, some of us worked and dedicated long hours just to buy ONE Bitcoin, no big surprise you wouldn't give one sh-ts about a tribal trust to help struggling people out and have the nerve to call it a scam.

I hope if I am ever lucky to jump on a coin early and make a fortune I don't turn into you.
bradster1993

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:09:48 AM

/facepalm

For someone with the name peacefulmind you are one hateful little troll. By the way I like how you threaten to throw around bets of 10-20BTC,  you are probably a spoiled rich brat like Fontas who gets off on posting his lavish lifestyle photos on Instagram, some of us worked and dedicated long hours just to buy ONE Bitcoin, no big surprise you wouldn't give one sh-ts about a tribal trust to help struggling people out and have the nerve to call it a scam.

I hope if I am ever lucky to jump on a coin early and make a fortune I don't turn into you.

This shows exactly how stupid peacefulmind really is.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195703.msg2034479#msg2034479
peacefulmind

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:16:46 AM

/facepalm

You don't know me boy.  Keep me out of your fantasies.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: