Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:05:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Timeline since beginning of DOJ Silk Road investigation  (Read 2798 times)
chrono (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:43:38 PM

Much has been discussed on the Mt.Gox situation but there still has not been an acceptable explanation.

In this pastebin are some of the bigger events leading up to mt.gox withdrawal issues. I feel there may be a strong link towards the silk road investigations, money laundering and perhaps some well known parties and individuals in the bitcoin space. http://pastebin.com/jES4zEuf

Please discuss!
Definit

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:20:14 PM

i think at the end where it say's coinlab is of no significance so it's not on the timeline play's incorrectly.

This plays into a few other motives that arent on the timeline such as joint statements, and interior/exterior motives also left out of that timeline.

i.e. See; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=500314.msg5511660#msg5511660
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:55:21 PM

Much has been discussed on the Mt.Gox situation but there still has not been an acceptable explanation.

In this pastebin are some of the bigger events leading up to mt.gox withdrawal issues. I feel there may be a strong link towards the silk road investigations, money laundering and perhaps some well known parties and individuals in the bitcoin space. http://pastebin.com/jES4zEuf

Please discuss!

Didn't click the link, but I'll pretend that I did and suggest that fat lad surely would have had links to Silk Road. Bitcoin itself grew on Silk Road, so it makes sense that the world's largest exchange (then) was involved in some way.

Fair enough, and I have to say Silk Road is sorely missed.

One of my conspiracy theories is that Karpeles has been in the grip of organised crime. I look at this way, if I had some connections, was high up in the pecking order and felt that no others would want to take me on, taking bitcoins and cash from Karpeles wouldn't be that hard. So I might well have had a chat with him and made some plans.

I tell you what, if Karpeles ends up looking at a long sentence because it is discovered that he stole, he will play this card. Just watch him.

Obviously I have no evidence whatsoever for anything written above (apart from the comment about missing Silk Road).

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
chrono (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:14:32 PM

question is how is the current situation of 'vanishing bitcoins' explained by this timeline. there must be a connection but it isnt obvious.

what i find highly likely is an on going investigation where mtgoxs bitcoins were seized somehow. if gox had there real cold storage inconveniently hard to access, storing the keys in different bank deposit boxes around the world than there are bitcoin still left but arent being used now for some reason. much bitcoin blockchain community investigations proves with a high chance that the coins are still around.

I've been reading Looziks threads and they are of the same line of thinking that there is more going on beyond 'disappearing' hacked coins.
Definit

Activity: 357

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:22:27 PM

question is how is the current situation of 'vanishing bitcoins' explained by this timeline. there must be a connection but it isnt obvious.

what i find highly likely is an on going investigation where mtgoxs bitcoins were seized somehow. if gox had there real cold storage inconveniently hard to access, storing the keys in different bank deposit boxes around the world than there are bitcoin still left but arent being used now for some reason. much bitcoin blockchain community investigations proves with a high chance that the coins are still around.

I've been reading Looziks threads and they are of the same line of thinking that there is more going on beyond 'disappearing' hacked coins.

I think if you take this timeline.
+
add Looziks - Characters/story/motives/theory
+
add blockchain.info research + dates that match certain events

things will start to come together more clearly.

I dont think its 1 person, 1 group, 1 party, 1 exchange. I think its a multiple of connections tangled up into a much larger event-outcome yet to be seen.

BITCOIN-PIZZA-DAY

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:55:45 PM

Please discuss!

Didn't click the link, but I'll pretend that I did and suggest that fat lad surely would have had links to Silk Road. Bitcoin itself grew on Silk Road, so it makes sense that the world's largest exchange (then) was involved in some way.

http://imgur.com/NUolxDg

From the Meiklejohn Blockchain analysis. http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~smeiklejohn/files/imc13.pdf

You can clearly see large amounts of bitcoin flowing in and out of Gox and SR. And this was in 2011/2012. Bitcoin is now 70x times worth that money. And that might tenfold once more. A lot of money where the feds don't want money to be.
chrono (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:45:48 AM

my god. i need to know what is going on. its like a splinter in my mind.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:02:25 AM

Of course SR itself claims to have lost all its funds due to someone exploiting the malleability issue.   Roll Eyes  Every Bitcoin service and their dog seems to have realised that saying you lost funds to the malleability issue is a great way to get an interest-free loan.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:40:55 AM

If I didn't think there were already way too much *Gox* threads around on these forums, I would open a new topic with a poll: "Did you sell BTC on Gox for <500$ after withdrawals officially stopped?"

There is this argument floating around that "no sane person would sell for ~100$ if the price was ~1000$ a few days ago and it's still ~600$ on other exchanges", supporting the theory that Gox operated with a lot of virtual BTC (they droved the price down to attract fiat deposits while selling a lot of IOU-BTC for cheap because they never planned to actually pay that with real BTC, nor ever return the fiat money...).

I think this is a false argument. Let's assume you have 1 BTC inside Gox which you can't withdraw but you can still sell or buy. Let's say you acquired this 1 BTC for ~600$ (either you bought it somewhere and sometime for ~600$ or mining this amount cost you about that much). Now the price suddenly falls below 600$ and keeps falling... You have two kind of choices:

0: You don't even know what's going on. You haven't been logged in to your Gox account, nor read the news or checked the prices anywhere during these days.
A: You pray for every gods or whatnot to see it crawl back above 600$ while keeping that 1 BTC.
B: You sell it for <600$ and wait until it starts to rise again to buy back >=1 BTC for <<600$ (it's up to you if you keep some fiat too or you sped them all on BTC).
C: You just make a plain panic sell because officially you can still withdraw USD/EUR but not BTC and you are afraid what might happen (both locally on Gox and even globally with BTC).

Well, 0+A do not affect the real-time price. They do nothing which affects it. They don't trade and they don't even want to trade in a price region which is otherwise inevitable in a situation like that (there is always some B+C and they do affect the price, and they can only push it lower and lower, but never higher).

At the end, it doesn't really matter but I think making a good assumption about this (did many real people sell for-, or was it all only Gox IOU way below 600$?) might affect the probability of this FBI theory. And even then, these (FBI locking of funds and Gox IOU bump) could coexist. But I am curious.
BITCOIN-PIZZA-DAY

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:03:50 PM

The search warrant on JTAN and the company’s involvement in the Silk Road case had remained a secret until a few weeks ago. On Feb. 18, federal prosecutors asked a United States magistrate in federal court in Philadelphia to unseal the matter so authorities could begin providing Mr. Ulbricht’s lawyer with information to begin planning a legal defense.

On Oct. 30, he posted another notice, telling JTAN customers the company was struggling financially and could file for bankruptcy protection in 2014. | SOUND FAMILIAR?

Mr. Ulbricht pleaded not guilty on Feb. 7 to money-laundering and drug-trafficking charges in Federal District Court in Manhattan. Federal prosecutors said they obtained roughly 10 terabytes of data from the servers they seized in addition to the laptop Mr. Ulbricht had with him when he was arrested by authorities on Oct. 1 at a public library in San Francisco.
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/03/04/silk-road-had-digital-outpost-in-pennsylvania/

I think it's getting clearer what happened....
itsunderstood

Activity: 364

American1973

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:50:47 AM

In other news

That one judge who was shot by Jared Loughner (John Roll) was a drug decision justice.  He was gunned down by a professional crew, not just some random kid.

Indeed, I think one of his recent cases before his assassination was "The People of the US v. 1992 Saturn with 250k USD in it"  Seriously, those are the kinds of cases that he handled.

Well, I really don't think people can see what is right in front of them, and even if they do see, it's the kind of think you just want to look away from, and yet, it is so horrible that you are compelled to study it.

Ah, the drug war.  What a stupid and shameful pursuit.  And yet, medicine can also be poison.  So I think basically it is Ragnarok happening, that all these spheres converge.  This is afun forum, much better than those boring old conspiracy forums.  God how boring ATS and GLP and LOP are, blah, I can't stand it when cryptocoin threads bounce there, they are always such nodes of bullshit and delphi-method. 

Anyway, DPR and SR and assassins, have nothing on the age old armies who have pushed the poppy and coca and who kill Kings and Presidents.  Don't even need to mention what group I mean, everyone knows who the best drug dealers and killers on Earth, are.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: