Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:32:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Help  (Read 633 times)
Righter (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:02:29 PM

What kind of Rig would you need to start mining? Is it worth it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nachius

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:31:05 PM

Please do a search on the forums and post a more specific question.  This question could be any number of things.  SHA256 vs. Scrypt. Budget, experience, knowledge, there are many many variables to this seemingly simple question and you will get both fact and opinion in the responses you receive.

Simply put it is difficult to get a ROI mining right now so if you are only looking for a profitable return on your money it would be best to do your own research.  If you are just looking to learn more and participate start with usb miners and go from there.
Coef

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Exhausted

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:33:59 AM

Simply put it is difficult to get a ROI mining right now so if you are only looking for a profitable return on your money it would be best to do your own research.

+1
Don't expect to get easy profit in bitcoin/altcoin mining, and be sure to check some profit calculators.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:50:14 PM

If you are looking to do so as a hobby to start out the Ant miner U1 USB sticks are a good way to go to get familiar with mining.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=496007.0
They are inexpensive and there are several group buys setup depending on where you live.
If you want something more powerful the Ant Miner S1 is a 180 gh/s to 200 gh/s unit that is affordable at $750+ depending on the group buy or seller.

The main thing you want to do is buy something that is shipping as pre-orders you don't mine until they can deliver and during that time they have your money.

If you can afford it this would be a nice miner to have. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=500969.0

Good luck and happy mining.  It is fun.

crypto33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:29:49 PM

Don't listen to people to tell you what you 'should have done' by looking for info elsewhere your new to the game and thats okay, you asking in the right place anyway thats for sure. These people, lets call them the "noob tribe" as it seems to be a favourite word of theirs, need to help beginners not put them off.

I know i have just signed up to Bitcointalk but have been involved in cryptos for some time so feel free to PM me if you need any help.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:35:18 PM

Well said.
Everyone gets into mining for different reasons and not all of them are looking for ROI but instead things like just to get BTC and to have a fun hobby.  That is why i gave him the advice I did.
I am actually loving mining even though I only have 100 gh/s.  It is fun to setup and tweak.  My Gen 1 Avlon I updated the firmware last night and got some help and boom it is now at 83 gh/s from a max of 73 gh/s, running cool and quiet.  It was fun.
I love reviewing new products as well and have published some reviews.
It's so much fun and the community is great.
I hope he gets into mining and enjoys it as much as I do.

Don't listen to people to tell you what you 'should have done' by looking for info elsewhere your new to the game and thats okay, you asking in the right place anyway thats for sure. These people, lets call them the "noob tribe" as it seems to be a favourite word of theirs, need to help beginners not put them off.

I know i have just signed up to Bitcointalk but have been involved in cryptos for some time so feel free to PM me if you need any help.

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:11:19 PM

If you want to mine bitcoin I suggest that you begin with cloud mining. Mining with your stuff is expensive e complicated for beginners. With cloud mining you pay the money and get the bitcoins. Choose a good service and go... If you want a site name for cloud mining this is one that is showed serious until now. Here the reflink: http://pbmining.com?ref=h2002al

But to be sure do a research yourself...
Swifft1

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:41:46 PM

Well said.
Everyone gets into mining for different reasons and not all of them are looking for ROI but instead things like just to get BTC and to have a fun hobby.  That is why i gave him the advice I did.
I am actually loving mining even though I only have 100 gh/s.  It is fun to setup and tweak.  My Gen 1 Avlon I updated the firmware last night and got some help and boom it is now at 83 gh/s from a max of 73 gh/s, running cool and quiet.  It was fun.
I love reviewing new products as well and have published some reviews.
It's so much fun and the community is great.
I hope he gets into mining and enjoys it as much as I do.

This is the reason I'm thinking about it.

I just want to tickle my brain a bit, sort of some "self education".

Thought I'd go with a Dualminer, USB hub, fan and a netbook.
Mine Bitcoin/Litecoin at the same time. I think it'd be neat to see how it all works.

For earning BTC? I bought 2 contracts for someone else to do the work for me. I don't have the time nor funds to go heavy with this. But I really do want to learn more about it in a "hands-on" fashion.  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: