Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:49:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations To Socheat Lim of Cambodia, Certified Armis Instructor  (Read 642 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:41:04 PM

Armis is pleased to announce our newest Certified Armis Instructor, Socheat Lim of Cambodia.  Mr. Lim is a professional translator specializing in communications involving Khmer, Mandarin, and English.  Born and raised in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, early in his childhood Socheat gravitated to challenging games: “I started to get interested in puzzle games during my childhood when I got my first jigsaw puzzle.  After completing the jigsaw puzzle, I was always happy as it made me feel like I have achieved something by my own hands”. Socheat said.

Like many boys growing up around the world, Socheat played action video games like Warcraft and Plants Vs Zombies, but it was the strategy games he somehow felt connected to, these were the games that continued to challenge him mentally, games like Risk, Go, and especially Chinese Chess - his favorite board game.

Strategy games rely on a player’s mental capacity to outwit his opponent, this differs from most other games that primarily rely on luck (roll of the dice, and/or pick of a card) to win.  Brain games are often distinguished from strategy games in that they focus on static information you may know, and how fast you process it.  Strategy board games are affectionately considered brain games because they are often accompanied by lots and lots of meaningful thinking.

Checkers, and warri (also called mancala) are perhaps the most basic of strategy board games, these games are played more for fun than competition so they don’t often get to enjoy the ‘strategy game’ cache.  In both games all of the individual player pieces essentially have the same power, duty, and movement ability.

The board game called “Go” is very similar to checkers and warri in the power, duty, and movement ability categories, however it is often played competitively as such often called a strategy board game.  

Chess is the most well known of all strategy board games.  In our opinion it rises above the previously mentioned games in that various player pieces have different powers, duties, and movement abilities, these differences add a layer of complexity to the game.  

Armis is the newest member of the strategy board game family, it is distinguished from the others in many ways, so much so that we believe Armis is the first HIGH strategy board game.  Here are some major distinguishing characteristics:

1)  asymmetric game board,
2)  5 different environments (land, air, coastal waters, deep surface waters, and deep submerged waters)
3)  some pieces have conditional powers,
4)   identical not mirrored setup
and
5)  there are over a million ways to properly setup

Armis was created in the USA for brain game enthusiasts worldwide, it is currently played online in over 130 countries.  Some say playing Armis is like playing Chess, Checkers, Risk, and Stratego all at the same time.
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:47:30 PM

bump for the morning crowd
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: