Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 09:12:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Future evolution of Altcoins  (Read 2476 times)
Madychoux (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:01:24 PM

I think you bought those coins, that's why you listing the here lol

Of course I'm a miner and I've mined and sold those coins.

That's why I'm starting a discussion, because I don't understand how miners like me, can whatever is the benefit of other cryptos, mine coins :

- Using 2 times more power consumption
 - Having 2 or 3 times less hash power

I'm not promoting specific coins, the only coins I hold are Dogecoins !!!

But because of my reaction toward those questions, I wanted to discuss it.

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 03:26:35 PM

The only real revolution in mining can be completely removing the mining part.

No precious energy wasted for years. And that is exactly what Coin2 did. The most ecofriendly and fairly distributed coin ever

But how could the network hashrate could be as secured as the one for BTC or LTC ?!

We dont need high hashrates, we need only about 5mhs to keep the network running. Why would anyone  attack the network when there are 0 block rewards.
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:32:42 PM

To be honest I think the alt community needs to focus on the coins that can really bring something to the table instead of running to the latest clone thinking it will make them rich. But human nature is such unfortunately.
Madychoux (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:37:05 PM

To be honest I think the alt community needs to focus on the coins that can really bring something to the table instead of running to the latest clone thinking it will make them rich. But human nature is such unfortunately.

I totally agree !!
tbitt

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:02:51 PM

+1

I'm already only concentrating on coins that I hope to see widely used in future.
We don't need so many new coins. Concentrate on making available coins stronger and it will benefit whole industry.
This pump and dump is not making any good in general.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:49:40 AM

+1

I'm already only concentrating on coins that I hope to see widely used in future.
We don't need so many new coins. Concentrate on making available coins stronger and it will benefit whole industry.
This pump and dump is not making any good in general.

I agree

Litecoin, Peercoin, Namecoin, Quark

These are the only Cryptos i know besides Bitcoin that bring something new to public awareness. Litecoin an Quark have so many clones.
pns2k

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:28:43 AM

NXT should be put on that list. In near future I also think NEM can be there.
Madychoux (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:16:31 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 04:48:02 PM by Madychoux

What does NEM bring new ?

Don't know this coin at all.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:22:07 PM

You could not be more right traderman.

That's why I've invested in Gridcoin and Maza. They both have * moral * value.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:03:48 AM

NEM have 5-10% to Devs...
There will be NXT type coin but equal shares for all devs and others.

Last time looks all want sell own coins it looks more like cryptocompanies selling products
More pemine the better "shining" star is coming crypto is starting being pond full of premine shit guys.
1st crypto has clear spiryt decentralization > annomity > p2p all equal chance.
Now premine > sell coin > marketing model > earn as much you can > fuck whole idea of crypto p2p freedom

Premine coins are simply commercial products.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
pinkflamingopanther

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 04:01:22 PM

Last time looks all want sell own coins it looks more like cryptocompanies selling products
More pemine the better "shining" star is coming crypto is starting being pond full of premine shit guys.
Now premine > sell coin > marketing model > earn as much you can > fuck whole idea of crypto p2p freedom

Agreed that premine are simply commercial products and should be avoided. What we need is the next step as mentioned before. What really does come after scrypt? Because it's not one of the silly variants out there already. I like the Gridcoin idea because it actually brings back the computing power to something useful, but how do we get the greed inherent in human nature to actually get a project like that to really catch on? World community grid existed long before crypto's did, they're just trying to reclaim some of the computing power, but they can't pay us, they're poor scientists!
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:58:16 PM

I don't get why you say that about "premined" coins (as NXT or NEM). I am not a miner so I don´t really see the actual difference between buying a 10000$ minning rig to mine altcoins or spend those 10000$ on buying some NXT. I think that many ppl who are against "premined" coins are just against them because they cannot profit from their expensive minning equipment. Nothing more.
jonnysomething

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:14:19 PM

I don't get why you say that about "premined" coins (as NXT or NEM). I am not a miner so I don´t really see the actual difference between buying a 10000$ minning rig to mine altcoins or spend those 10000$ on buying some NXT. I think that many ppl who are against "premined" coins are just against them because they cannot profit from their expensive minning equipment. Nothing more.

Lack of premine helps the miners. The miners don't add long term value to the coin. People need to stop developing coins FOR MINERS. Why is anyone surprised to see a pump and dump from a coin that is automatically on exchanges at launch with no safety nets in place?

You have to realize that the mining community is NOT important. BitCoin was NOT focused on miners, it was focused on making an inexpensive way to send money. There will be miners interested in your coin, and if your coin is worthwhile that number of miners will grow organically. Too many people focused on getting rich quick.

There seems to be some people with a good head on their shoulders in this thread.. For you guys, check out the link in my sig.
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:23:16 PM

Anoncoin.  Might be the next revolutionary coin when they implement Zercoin technology.

ThePatient

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:24:59 PM

Why does everyone here skip over einsteinium.

Inb4 generic: it sucks  Roll Eyes

Its a good coin...
jonnysomething

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:39:15 PM

Why does everyone here skip over einsteinium.

Inb4 generic: it sucks  Roll Eyes

Its a good coin...
What purpose does it serve?
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:04:18 PM

I'm bumping this thread because it is a good one with a lot of useful information. What do you think about Heavycoin and it's voting implementation?
I am beginning to agree that Quark got a lot of shit undeservedly and DarkCoin has a lot of potential in it. Good note on that Chaincoin comparison, thank you!

cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:42:57 PM

I'm bumping this thread because it is a good one with a lot of useful information. What do you think about Heavycoin and it's voting implementation?
I am beginning to agree that Quark got a lot of shit undeservedly and DarkCoin has a lot of potential in it. Good note on that Chaincoin comparison, thank you!

If you like the potential of Darkcoin, what about Anoncoin?  There will be truly anonymous transactions finally. 

porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:09:31 AM

Well people, nearly each day a new altcoin is created and it really looks like a big mess...

After having been looking for "real" new "revolutionary" coins, I only found few of them :

- Darkcoin :
    => Darksend : Anonymous blockchain transactions
    => Super secure hashing algorithm: 11 rounds of scientific hashing functions (blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, echo
    => Power efficient : I get 3 times higher hashing rate compared to scrypt and consuming half my usual power (1180W instead of 2420W on Scrypt mining)
    => Difficulty adjusts every block

I like Darkcoin,too. But I don't see the power efficiency. Higher security means that more ressources are used for hashing. Which algorrithm (I think they are all secure) doesn't matter...

Quark is still more secure than Darkcoin
Is the hashrate for quark higher? I don't think so. Quarkcoin has an output of 4$ per hours (120coins). Darkcoin has an output of about 400$(500 coins). Because miners have to be profitable, I think you are wrong...

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
wallstreetcoiner

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:44:40 AM

I agree. This thread contains a lot of useful information.

http://thetwist03.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/dark-helmet-spaceballs-cosplay-comic-con-2012.jpg

One way I like to evaluate altcoins is to think about their future use in the real world. For any of these coins to be successful, we need joe smith down the block (and his two teen sons) to use them as currency. So - I imagine myself in a store with a clerk behind the counter, and I need to ask her if they accept my coin of choice.

Which one feels/sounds better?

1. Excuse me mam, do you except Quark for payment?

2. Umm, Hi, do you guys take darkcoin? lol

3. or - greetings, I was curious if your store accepts goldcoin?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to find the correct answer. Consumers want their money to be shiny and cool, not dark and quarky.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: