Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:49:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you invest in the yet unknown Scrypt and BTC mining company that pledges 60% annual income on investment and plan to be listed on Cryptostocks or Havelock??  (Voting closed: March 16, 2014, 11:44:36 PM)
No - 14 (58.3%)
Only if they pledge more than 60% reward - 0 (0%)
I will invest less than 0.001 BTC - 1 (4.2%)
I will invest less than 0.01 BTC - 0 (0%)
I will invest less than 0.1 BTC - 4 (16.7%)
I will invest at least 1 BTC - 2 (8.3%)
I will invest more than 10 BTC - 0 (0%)
I will invest not less than 1 BTC only if their IPO is listed on Havelock - 3 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 24

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cryptostock][Havelock]Mining mini enterprise pre-IPO  (Read 1036 times)
Leprecurrency (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:44:36 PM

We are new mini-enterprise intended to mine Scrypt and SHA-256 coins simultaneously. To achieve this task we have Scrypt rigs and ASIC equipment. We plan to list our project on Cryptostock or Havelock. In order to decide what shall be our stock price, quantity and place it will be listed, we need polling results. Poll results will likely affect our planning on future purchases of additional equipment. Please take it seriously. We assume that large portion of polling might contain arbitrary information, but based on results we will have better understanding of this market and public opinion. Our mining rigs and ASICs are already running and mine at full overclock and we plan to purchase additional equipment in the months to come, but right now cannot plan our expansion until financial information is available.
Thank you everyone for your input in this poll!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeadwoodDan

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 11:56:59 PM

What do you mean by "pledging" 60% of income on investment? Do you mean you would distribute 60% of mining income (or profit?) as dividends, keeping 40% for yourself? And does "pledge" mean "pinkie swear" or "guarantee with collateral held in escrow" or something in between?

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
A tool for raising the value of any crypto currency
● [WHITEPAPER] [FAQ] [BITCOINTALK] [BOUNTY] [GITHUB] [TELEGRAM] [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] ●
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:10:01 AM

We are new mini-enterprise intended to mine Scrypt and SHA-256 coins simultaneously. To achieve this task we have Scrypt rigs and ASIC equipment. We plan to list our project on Cryptostock or Havelock. In order to decide what shall be our stock price, quantity and place it will be listed, we need polling results. Poll results will likely affect our planning on future purchases of additional equipment. Please take it seriously. We assume that large portion of polling might contain arbitrary information, but based on results we will have better understanding of this market and public opinion. Our mining rigs and ASICs are already running and mine at full overclock and we plan to purchase additional equipment in the months to come, but right now cannot plan our expansion until financial information is available.

First off being a new user + ipo never mix well.

Second, this poll is useless. We need to know more about your mining operation(how many asics/datacenter/electricity costs). And we need to know how many shares you plan to issue.

As of now I would consider investing 1 satoshi and nothing more.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:13:38 AM

Get out of here with your scams. Havelock's surely never even heard of you.
thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:37:06 AM

60% annual income on investment sounds very low for scryptmining profits and low for btc mining profits for the next 12 months based on today's difficulty and reasonable assumptions on the future development of it unless you by that mean 160% ROI year 1, 60% return year 2,3,4....

But either way how did you come up with that number and how can you even estimate/guarantee any such returns that far into the future ??

Leprecurrency (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:39:54 AM

What do you mean by "pledging" 60% of income on investment? Do you mean you would distribute 60% of mining income (or profit?) as dividends, keeping 40% for yourself? And does "pledge" mean "pinkie swear" or "guarantee with collateral held in escrow" or something in between?
The mining operation may have annual income bigger than 100% if new equipment is purchased to keep against the race of constant difficulty increase of BTC. 60% means guaranteed return after paid all expenses to maintain and replace equipment, administrative costs, electrical bill, taxes, equipment colocation rent, insurance, fire alarm, etc. By pledge I mean promise it is not guaranteed by escrow, just like most if not all companies listed on Cryptostock or Havelock and beyond are not guaranteed by any escrow. Did in the past or does in the present Microsoft guarantee its ROI by escrow? I am sure you know the answer. The investment is risk just like any other investment, all companies that start are new to the market and some of these new companies are scammers, but it doesn't mean that all companies are trying to scam people off their money. New company has no means to secure escrow, just initial investment on equipment is large enough to bear it on our own shoulders and to expand rapidly mining operations from income generated by mining is not possible, because this is slow process due to rapid BTC difficulty change. If we could expand ourselves without external funds we would love to do it that way, to avoid bearing additional responsibilities, but in the real world this is not an option.

First off being a new user + ipo never mix well.

Second, this poll is useless. We need to know more about your mining operation(how many asics/datacenter/electricity costs). And we need to know how many shares you plan to issue.

As of now I would consider investing 1 satoshi and nothing more.
I agree, but this is not an IPO, not even pre-IPO therefore we thought it was not necessary to list complete details, but as I said before this is mini-enterprise. This is short description: 260Ghash ASICs (4 butterfly 50 Ghash (52-55 real running hashpower) each plus 1 block erupter 38 Ghash when overclocked. Plus 1 rig that has 2 Radeon Saphire 7850, 2 MSI 7790, 1 Gigabyte 7870 (total Scrypt hashpower 1600-1700 Khash when overclocked). Electrical consumption 2.5 KW/hour scrypt rig, plus 1.25 KW/hour ASICs.

Get out of here with your scams. Havelock's surely never even heard of you.
You are free to choose to participate in the poll or not. Nobody is begging you for your money and I wish we could avoid asking for anyone's money at all to avoid dealing with investors such as yourself. Hopefully if we succeed in listing IPO we will not have you on our investor's list.
Leprecurrency (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:03:38 AM

60% annual income on investment sounds very low for scryptmining profits and low for btc mining profits for the next 12 months based on today's difficulty and reasonable assumptions on the future development of it unless you by that mean 160% ROI year 1, 60% return year 2,3,4....

But either way how did you come up with that number and how can you even estimate/guarantee any such returns that far into the future ??
Because right now we have approximate return on investment of 11% monthly, therefore considering distribution over the year according to difficulty raise and estimating expansion with new equipment we came to that number as one that can be guaranteed over the year of mining. Right now we mine 0.033 BTC a day with ASICs plus 0.008 a day on Doge, total of 0.041BTC a day. We purchased equipment from reseller in January for 1150$ each 50Ghash butterfly, 700$ block erupter and scrypt rig at almost 2000$, total 7300$. Right now we mine approx. 26$ a day (at 650$ BTC) less expenses, specially electrical bill. If difficulty was not an issue we would have mined over 9000 a year (if BTC stay at or over 650$ each), but we consider it and will replace all ASICs with or without an external investment. We have plans to purchase Cointerra 2 Thash and we expect 600 Ghash Monarch from Butterfly that was pre-ordered for 2138$ plus shipping. Also we will order new GPU for scrypt mining that costs 1100$ each for 1300 Khash We have buyers who will pay 950$ for each 50Ghash Butterfly and 380$ for block erupter. So we expand our operations regardless of any investment. We cannot guarantee anything beyond 1 year of mining, because BTC difficulty is unpredictable, its price too and Scrypt coins depend on BTC heavily. But it is in our interest to make this business profitable to profit from it ourselves, otherwise it would have been pointless.
DeadwoodDan

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 02:03:47 AM

The mining operation may have annual income bigger than 100% if new equipment is purchased to keep against the race of constant difficulty increase of BTC. 60% means guaranteed return after paid all expenses to maintain and replace equipment, administrative costs, electrical bill, taxes, equipment colocation rent, insurance, fire alarm, etc. By pledge I mean promise it is not guaranteed by escrow, just like most if not all companies listed on Cryptostock or Havelock and beyond are not guaranteed by any escrow. Did in the past or does in the present Microsoft guarantee its ROI by escrow? I am sure you know the answer. The investment is risk just like any other investment, all companies that start are new to the market and some of these new companies are scammers, but it doesn't mean that all companies are trying to scam people off their money. New company has no means to secure escrow, just initial investment on equipment is large enough to bear it on our own shoulders and to expand rapidly mining operations from income generated by mining is not possible, because this is slow process due to rapid BTC difficulty change. If we could expand ourselves without external funds we would love to do it that way, to avoid bearing additional responsibilities, but in the real world this is not an option.

I'm reading "60% means guaranteed return after paid blah blah" as you're planning to pay 60% of net profit after all your expenses, and "pledge" means pinkie swear with double retard twist, and guaranteed means fucking monkeys will fly out of my goddamn ass before I ever see any of the money.  But please correct me if I'm wrong.

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
● [WHITEPAPER] [FAQ] [BITCOINTALK] [BOUNTY] [GITHUB] [TELEGRAM] [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] ●
MonkeyBear68

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:07:24 AM

If you have the equipment you described on hand, then do you realize that it is pretty much obsolete for Bitcoin mining?  Huh
Mining with a GPU is like using a VIC 20 to do your word processing; just sayin.
Leprecurrency (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:13:56 AM

If you have the equipment you described on hand, then do you realize that it is pretty much obsolete for Bitcoin mining?  Huh
Mining with a GPU is like using a Vic 20 to do your word processing; just sayin.
We do not use GPU for Bitcoin mining, we use GPU mining rig for Scrypt mining (DOGE at the moment that we will switch to something else if it keeps at or below 0.008 BTC a day at 1600-1700Khash) and 5 ASICs that run total at 250-260Ghash for Bitcoin or any other profitable coin that run on SHA-256. We switch coins that we mine manually or by mining them on automatic port in Multipool or Poolwarz coin switch. We would not dare to mine BTC on GPU's as it would generate more expenses than profit.
Leprecurrency (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:33:56 AM

I'm reading "60% means guaranteed return after paid blah blah" as you're planning to pay 60% of net profit after all your expenses, and "pledge" means pinkie swear with double retard twist, and guaranteed means fucking monkeys will fly out of my goddamn ass before I ever see any of the money.  But please correct me if I'm wrong.
I welcome you to invest 7300$ plus 2200$ on pre-order, then setting it up, then worrying about BTC price fluctuations, raising of difficulty from 1.8G to 3.8G from moment you ordered everything until today and Scrypt coin block reward halving like happened to DOGE, but price falling to the same level as it was before halving occur, then list your poll here and read comments to forget about any IPO as it has already been pain in the ... to start this business and investing everything we had, now what we miss is more complains about something that we didnt ask money for yet. Read Cryptostocks projects, their ROI and tell me if they pay at least 30% a year? You will be disappointed, because most IPO don't pay even 10% a year, but money they collected from their shares is tenfold of what they really invested compared to what they really paid back to investors. We offered justified business taking only operational costs and described everything in complete details and as result we will get nothing compared to those who shared nothing and paid small fraction of what was supposed to be paid. Maybe the real answer is: don't list IPO, do it on your own, collect money from your own work and laugh at those who wanted you to work for them free, but got nothing for their ignorance.
DeadwoodDan

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 02:46:50 AM

I welcome you to invest 7300$ plus 2200$ on pre-order, then setting it up, then worrying about BTC price fluctuations, raising of difficulty from 1.8G to 3.8G from moment you ordered everything until today and Scrypt coin block reward halving like happened to DOGE, but price falling to the same level as it was before halving occur, then list your poll here and read comments to forget about any IPO as it has already been pain in the ... to start this business and investing everything we had, now what we miss is more complains about something that we didnt ask money for yet. Read Cryptostocks projects, their ROI and tell me if they pay at least 30% a year? You will be disappointed, because most IPO don't pay even 10% a year, but money they collected from their shares is tenfold of what they really invested compared to what they really paid back to investors. We offered justified business taking only operational costs and described everything in complete details and as result we will get nothing compared to those who shared nothing and paid small fraction of what was supposed to be paid. Maybe the real answer is: don't list IPO, do it on your own, collect money from your own work and laugh at those who wanted you to work for them free, but got nothing for their ignorance.

I'm not dissing your effort, I'm just commenting on offer. You've already shown that when you say "guarantee" it means fuck all. And yeah, definitely the only reason you'd want to do an IPO at this stage is if you wanted to commit a bitcoin crime. If you were legit, you'd just get a legit loan at a far, far better rate than 60% per annum.

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
Leprecurrency (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:56:09 AM

I'm not dissing your effort, I'm just commenting on offer. You've already shown that when you say "guarantee" it means fuck all. And yeah, definitely the only reason you'd want to do an IPO at this stage is if you wanted to commit a bitcoin crime. If you were legit, you'd just get a legit loan at a far, far better rate than 60% per annum.
I already got bank loan (paid with my credit cards for 2 ASICs and pre-order) and the other part of it is also legit money that was earned by hard work. Your comment just solidified my opinion that it is better to go slow than to take someone's money for skyrocketing the business, but the work of explaining and to babysit would-be investors is so hard that it doesn't worth the money they invest. If 1 of 2 potential investors would tell me that I plan to commit Bitcoin crime, calling me a criminal, then I would better avoid having business with anyone at all.
MonkeyBear68

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:02:19 AM

I think you seem aware of this, but I must emphasize, be very careful with pre-orders. Often equipment comes late and with increasing difficulty levels this can be a BIG hit to your Return On Investment (ROI) timeframe. Make sure your pre-orders come with some sort of guarantee that will provide free equipment if your order is late.

I have invested in PETA (on Havelock) and I believe the owner of PETA has the connections to chip manufacturers, and in-house resources to both successfully run the mine and reinvest as needed. Perhaps consider buying some PETA shares for a reasonable price once the mine is fully operational. Check out the comment thread and prospectus for PETA.

Best of luck in your mining.  Smiley
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:32:38 PM

You are free to choose to participate in the poll or not. Nobody is begging you for your money and I wish we could avoid asking for anyone's money at all to avoid dealing with investors such as yourself. Hopefully if we succeed in listing IPO we will not have you on our investor's list.

The problem is you are not free to pass off your bullshit as something that belongs in a bitcoin securities forum. Plenty of others have made the same mistake, and plenty of others have imploded spectacularly. Go crowdfund on a corner somewhere. You'll find the gutter has the sort of "investors" you're after anyway.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:44:53 PM

Because right now we have approximate return on investment of 11% monthly, therefore considering distribution over the year according to difficulty raise and estimating expansion with new equipment we came to that number as one that can be guaranteed over the year of mining. Right now we mine 0.033 BTC a day with ASICs plus 0.008 a day on Doge, total of 0.041BTC a day. We purchased equipment from reseller in January for 1150$ each 50Ghash butterfly, 700$ block erupter and scrypt rig at almost 2000$, total 7300$. Right now we mine approx. 26$ a day (at 650$ BTC) less expenses, specially electrical bill. If difficulty was not an issue we would have mined over 9000 a year (if BTC stay at or over 650$ each), but we consider it and will replace all ASICs with or without an external investment. We have plans to purchase Cointerra 2 Thash and we expect 600 Ghash Monarch from Butterfly that was pre-ordered for 2138$ plus shipping. Also we will order new GPU for scrypt mining that costs 1100$ each for 1300 Khash We have buyers who will pay 950$ for each 50Ghash Butterfly and 380$ for block erupter. So we expand our operations regardless of any investment. We cannot guarantee anything beyond 1 year of mining, because BTC difficulty is unpredictable, its price too and Scrypt coins depend on BTC heavily. But it is in our interest to make this business profitable to profit from it ourselves, otherwise it would have been pointless.
Your current hardware you have is rather inefficient, it draws relatively large amount of watts in relation to it's produced GH/Mh, what usd/kwh electricity cost do you have.

I get the scryptmining you menton to be a loss for you at 0,13usd/kwh or higher at the moment you would probably be better off selling off those GPU's and get something more energyefficient maby some amd cards at around 3kh/w or nvdia's latest 750 TI with maxwell cores at 300kh/s 38.5w or even gridseeds scryptasics for 160usd(in quantitys of 200-1000 units)/350kh/s 7w

Those 260 gh/s sha256 miners still produce something but at 5w/GH there remaning productive lifetime if you pay anything for power will be rather short, i think you would be better off selling those for the prices you mentioned and at least get a KnCminer at 500+ GH instead, those really shouldent cost to much now(with 5995USD CoinTerra TerraMiner IV 1700GH(?) started to be delivered now and KnC's 9995USD 3000 GH machines coming soon), they were 5000-7000 usd back in oct/nov when they produced way more bitcoins than they do now.

As for the butterflylabs monarch(wasen't the monarchs originally inteneded to start beeing delivered in december ?), that company hasen't exactly been known for delivering in time, so one can only hope you get that one when they promised you to deliver it.

Leprecurrency (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:36:47 PM

Your current hardware you have is rather inefficient, it draws relatively large amount of watts in relation to it's produced GH/Mh, what usd/kwh electricity cost do you have.

I get the scryptmining you menton to be a loss for you at 0,13usd/kwh or higher at the moment you would probably be better off selling off those GPU's and get something more energyefficient maby some amd cards at around 3kh/w or nvdia's latest 750 TI with maxwell cores at 300kh/s 38.5w or even gridseeds scryptasics for 160usd(in quantitys of 200-1000 units)/350kh/s 7w

Those 260 gh/s sha256 miners still produce something but at 5w/GH there remaning productive lifetime if you pay anything for power will be rather short, i think you would be better off selling those for the prices you mentioned and at least get a KnCminer at 500+ GH instead, those really shouldent cost to much now(with 5995USD CoinTerra TerraMiner IV 1700GH(?) started to be delivered now and KnC's 9995USD 3000 GH machines coming soon), they were 5000-7000 usd back in oct/nov when they produced way more bitcoins than they do now.

As for the butterflylabs monarch(wasen't the monarchs originally inteneded to start beeing delivered in december ?), that company hasen't exactly been known for delivering in time, so one can only hope you get that one when they promised you to deliver it.

I appreciate your advice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: