Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:46:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam address alert  (Read 124 times)
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:22:44 PM

Scam address alert and just a friendly reminder.

pre: I don't know were this thread belongs so I'm opening it in the section I'm most active in.

Yesterday my friend decided to make his first transfer from blockchain wallet to an local exchange for cashing out purposes.
It was his first transaction so he asked about some details. As usual I told him to be alerted and triple check the address he was going to send to, considering the amount wasn't small.
I have never seen before this kind of virus (even thou I was aware that it exists) that changes the BTC address.
After observing the blockchain and seeing that the transaction has 6 confirmations he checked the destination but nothing. After that he asked me to help.
Today I checked the real destination address and the address that he actually send the funds to and voila! they didn't match!
So I started to copy paste the different BTC addresses and the outcome was always the same! https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1QYBTf2tDgyzc6GA8w4ycef7HjWoPgk6j
I didn't had much time to check the actual virus on PC, in case of any news I will update here.

Be alerted were you send your bitcoins or any other coins, triple check and only after that accept the transaction!
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HE[A]RTLESS

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:25:18 PM

do you have internet security in pc?

and the virus is change when we copy address and change to other address right?
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:30:38 PM

do you have internet security in pc?

and the virus is change when we copy address and change to other address right?

As I said I didn't had much time to explore the PC, there was only essentials from microsoft as far as I can recall.
And yes when you copy BTC address in the buffer and than paste it the output was different
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: