Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:58:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitbox bitcoin exchange fake  (Read 197 times)
moreaccs4u (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 06:44:38 PM

I have bitcoin in bitbox exchange but it was fake. Can't able to send or withdraw from it. Dont use that
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:43:36 PM

Are you referring to this site, It's actually a legit exchange run by LINE. It's possible that you have used a phishing site. Real URL: https://www.bitbox.me/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:12:23 PM

I have bitcoin in bitbox exchange but it was fake. Can't able to send or withdraw from it. Dont use that

Are you talking about bitbox.me?

What actually happened when you tried to use them? How were you scammed, and how much were you scammed? Did you contact support already? Have they responded to you?

You really need to provide more details for anyone to help you out here. Some screenshots of your situation would be nice.

Apparently they are legitimate. I'm not ruling out the possibility of an issue on their side still, though. But you could have definitely been using a phishing site all along as well, as Omega said. Check the URL you have been accessing.

Smiley
moreaccs4u (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 08:41:24 AM

website name bitbox.co.in . Before it was registered on this name. Now this was cancelled. So i am advising every one to dont keep any amount in any app. Use any other good web services.  I think it will be safe.

But before going to keep some amount in any website or app. Think once before doing.

moreaccs4u (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 08:48:40 AM

What actually happened when you tried to use them? How were you scammed, and how much were you scammed? Did you contact support already? Have they responded to you?

You really need to provide more details for anyone to help you out here. Some screenshots of your situation would be nice.

Apparently they are legitimate. I'm not ruling out the possibility of an issue on their side still, though. But you could have definitely been using a phishing site all along as well, as Omega said. Check the URL you have been accessing.
Its not working. Actually website was closed i think

I don't know how to attach screenshot. To this topic. other wise i could have do this to be aware of every one.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:44:38 PM

Its not working. Actually website was closed i think

I don't know how to attach screenshot. To this topic. other wise i could have do this to be aware of every one.

Sorry to hear. And yeah, that site seems to be already closed, as it redirects to a wix. It's an obvious phishing site then. Even though it's not up, I'd assume that based on its name, it was trying to imitate the real bitbox.me exchange, which is supposed to be the legitimate thing.

Unfortunately, you are definitely going to find that it's next to impossible to recover the funds at this stage. There's no information available on the owner of the site, except the address which you sent the funds to. There is even a chance that the reason why they are closed already is that the admin saw that you fell for the scam, and thus there was no reason to keep the site up anymore.

Next time, you do need to be more careful. Always research whether or not you're on the right site, a simple google search will do. Bookmark the correct URL once you start using an exchange, and don't click on random links on google ads or your email - they are often phishing links.

BTW, to attach an screenshot (if you have one, do upload it for the benefit of everyone), just upload the image to imgur and click on "insert image" button to include the URL to the image.

Smiley
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:25:17 AM

website name bitbox.co.in . Before it was registered on this name. Now this was cancelled. So i am advising every one to dont keep any amount in any app. Use any other good web services.  I think it will be safe.

But before going to keep some amount in any website or app. Think once before doing.

It was hosted on Wix apparently so yeah, It's definitely not legit. Glad to hear that you learned a lesson though.

How did you come across the site by the way? was it being advertised or something? because even typing "bitbox.co.in" on google don't return the site itself.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:26:36 PM

Their website can't be reached now.

Good thing that you have informed us by having this type of website. If ever they will be up again in the future, at least we've been warned but we may not know if they are creating new website and changing their domain name to keep on looking for their victims.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:53:40 PM

Good thing that you have informed us by having this type of website. If ever they will be up again in the future, at least we've been warned but we may not know if they are creating new website and changing their domain name to keep on looking for their victims.
This isnt something new and probably the case of OP is just making his own simple google search instead on bookmarking the right Bitbox exchange which hes being led into fake one. Usually these kind of mistakes are those who are too lazy to make research and they do only realize that they are already being scammed or lose up money due to negligence.I cant really blame since lacking of knowledge can really put us up into these kind of situations and this will be a lesson learned again.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:50:15 PM

That's really unfortunate, man.

Site is down so there is no recourse for you now, unfortunately. Perhaps you could contact wix to see if you could find any info on the owner of the site, but I doubt it would turn into anything useful.

Sad to see phishing attacks scam anyone, and hope that you didn't lose too much money out of this. You do need to be extremely careful because phishing/fake exchanges, wallets (there are plenty of coinbase phishing sites), or even bitcoin mixers are just so prevalent nowadays. Got to check the URL carefully all the time, and as others mentioned, use bookmarks where possible.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 10:13:43 PM

This isnt something new and probably the case of OP is just making his own simple google search instead on bookmarking the right Bitbox exchange which hes being led into fake one. Usually these kind of mistakes are those who are too lazy to make research and they do only realize that they are already being scammed or lose up money due to negligence.I cant really blame since lacking of knowledge can really put us up into these kind of situations and this will be a lesson learned again.
Yeah usually those mistakes of falling into the fake exchange was caused by the use of google search and possible that site was using an ad boost from google which led it to be shown at the top of the searches. I'm not going to point any fault to the OP if he lost his money because he did a good job of informing the community and admitted that he has fault on this so I'm not going to add anymore blaming to him.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
moreaccs4u (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 05:01:41 PM

Ya it was true. But i saw in reviews it shows good reviews before. But before few months of closing website i saw reviews as negative.

Yeah usually those mistakes of falling into the fake exchange was caused by the use of google search and possible that site was using an ad boost from google which led it to be shown at the top of the searches. I'm not going to point any fault to the OP if he lost his money because he did a good job of informing the community and admitted that he has fault on this so I'm not going to add anymore blaming to him.
moreaccs4u (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 05:18:35 PM

That's really unfortunate, man.

Site is down so there is no recourse for you now, unfortunately. Perhaps you could contact wix to see if you could find any info on the owner of the site, but I doubt it would turn into anything useful.

Sad to see phishing attacks scam anyone, and hope that you didn't lose too much money out of this. You do need to be extremely careful because phishing/fake exchanges, wallets (there are plenty of coinbase phishing sites), or even bitcoin mixers are just so prevalent nowadays. Got to check the URL carefully all the time, and as others mentioned, use bookmarks where possible.

Yeah, I didn't find anything negative feedback in google play store when i am downloading. Other wise i couldn't face this situation and i will be careful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: