Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:54:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does a Successful ICO Really Require $$$$  (Read 1910 times)
Hct2005

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:01:52 AM

Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.
I think they do need the money to pay for the compensations of it's team members and also for the expenses that they will incur like setting up the offices and for their salaray  Smiley.
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 03:55:49 AM

Is a hard cap really needed? Also should there be a huge gap between soft and hard cap
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:00:56 AM

Yes. It requires money. How will you be able to operate and pay the people who will work for the ICO if there is no money. They need money to create their and improve their coin. Not all of the things on the internet are free. Think of it as starting any kind of business, no matter how small it is, you really need money or capital to run it.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:01:31 AM

Yes of course,
ICO idea in that what some one know how to do something but don't have money for this

Xianrenbanban

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:08:08 AM

Of course, but only if you have to provide people with a practical ICO project. When people recognize your project, you can successfully refuel the company with the lowest budget!
Boombull

Activity: 192
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:20:32 AM

Inasmuch as ICO is a new way for raising funds for a project, you still some money to initiate the project in order to a successful outing for the ICO.
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:36:12 AM

Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.
I can't comment much because I have never made an ICO project, to reduce the budget many ICO projects do all forms of payment using TOKEN like a gift campaign.
bitcoinpeople2

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:06:45 PM

I think that a successful ICO definitely require some huge amount of money. Okay, maybe not so huge, but at least, something tangible. Maybe projects today fail not because they are actually bad projects, but because their creators fail to put in as much money as required to boost and promote the project.  A successful ICO require money for sure.
ci1990

Activity: 252

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:03:24 PM

Well ICO is a crowdfunding method. If the company needs money to be able to develop their product then yeah that ICO requires capital.

ICO is actually a great method for crowdfunding. Unfortunately ICO system is being abused by scams and money grab fake ICO's. However scams exist in all aspects of life. Therefore one has to do their research right before investing.

frchowe214

Activity: 402
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:18:06 PM

An ICO can be successful on a minimum budget but the project is going to be a risk. Without funds there is not going to be a big team, most likely a one man band who can simply take all the funds and run away. If more people are involved the the money is safer as someone else is also watching it

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:22:53 PM

An ICO can be successful on a minimum budget but the project is going to be a risk. Without funds there is not going to be a big team, most likely a one man band who can simply take all the funds and run away. If more people are involved the the money is safer as someone else is also watching it
Doesn't being transparent and have the founders name on the website as well as verified by KYC prevent someone from running away?
bitcoinpeople1

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:26:42 AM

I think that for an ICO to be really successful, and to reach their set goal, enough money needs to be spent on certain things. There is no project that  does not require money, it is just that the amount differs between each project, depending on what they are aiming to achieve, and willing to spend. I believe that for an ICO to be successful, an adequate amount of funds need to be spent on it.
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:58:00 PM

Is a lot of funding needed to get you to the point of starting an ICO or Post-ICO?
Seriousbizz

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:34:02 AM

I think it does. There are a lot that needs to be put in place for an Ico to be successful, and I think that all of these requires a lot of money. Getting someone to write a really good whitepaper, paying for ads, and any other thing that might come along the way, lots of money need to be out into it, especially if you really want to make it a success.
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:50:44 AM

I think it does. There are a lot that needs to be put in place for an Ico to be successful, and I think that all of these requires a lot of money. Getting someone to write a really good whitepaper, paying for ads, and any other thing that might come along the way, lots of money need to be out into it, especially if you really want to make it a success.
Why not write your own whitepaper and provide bounties? Those can save thousands of dollars and will also with. I've heard of an ico that spent $50 and made over $200,000. Can you explain that?
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 01:01:27 AM

99% of the labor need costs, including all operations for an ICO, unless the project is very public based with welcomed PRs and contributions, there must be a working team with time and effort commited to these projects, existing projects are burning out their ETH reverses to maintain operational, so I think now its not about passion in blockchain but businesses

Cedrick

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:03:28 AM

YES. ICO needs money to be successful. Think of an ICO as a company, it will never operate without money because there are people working for it. Even technology requires money and those people who think that ICO can operate without money are naive. Although the money required is not that much compared to millions of dollars that were asking for the soft cap or hard cap.

atamism

Activity: 464

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:06:29 AM

They need money but not that much as to what they were asking on the ICO. I think the target on soft cap is too much. You can do a lot using a million dollar and asking for more than a million is too much for me. However, this is how crypto works and how it will succeed in the future. Always remember that those ICO's that didn't sell enough coins or didn't reach the soft cap didn't succeed. This only means that ICO's really needs money to succeed. Lots of it.  Grin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ B I O K R I P T ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Ultra-Fast Crypto Exchange on Solana Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kobe24

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:09:26 AM

Is a hard cap really needed? Also should there be a huge gap between soft and hard cap
Ofcourse its not needed as long as they reached the softcap they can develop the product they want and yes so many ICO have a huge gap.

virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:11:00 AM

It it's about business, wouldn't a trading platform succeed? Something similar to the stock market. There would be winners and losers. Is it possible for a small team to conduct the ico, and then after ico with the funds received, hire a huge team?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: