Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:02:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamato selling 111000 Bitcoins ?  (Read 963 times)
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:25:36 AM

That's a huge amount of Bitcoin. And I don't think it may belongs to Satoshi Nakamoto.
Yes it seems to be don't belong to satoshi.

As stated on the first page, that wallet is linked to Silk Road and you can google everything about that wallet. It will pop a lot of news articles by just searching it.

That wallet gained an attraction after some activities seen from a reddit post so I think its not satoshi's. This isn't new, when there are whales buying thousands of bitcoin the news are highlighting it as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:01:17 PM

The article did not state that the wallet belongs to Nakamoto and it is still under investigation and they do not have a concrete evidence that Nakamoto indeed owns that wallet, we never know but maybe it is under one whale in the past who suddenly have a need to sell his shares it is still under investigation.

who has 500,000 or more Bitcoins ??

Might want to take a look at the bitcoin richlist instead. Wallets that holds the biggest amounts of bitcoin are the exchanges, which is to be expected: https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

It is amazing that all top100 wallets got income in 2018. There is no big wallet that was sent Bitcoins in in this year. I would never bet on this fact. I would actually expect that there would be more then 50% old wallets with zero incomings this year.
Mocoinaire

Activity: 211
Merit: 2

ICO Whitepaper Writer, Pitch Decks & Promoter

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:29:38 PM

The market still seems somehow solid despite this news. Been following the news and it can be concluded Satoshi is not involved

╬  ICO Whitepapers, Investor Pitch Deck, Press Release Writing, Place Your Order Today  Telegram @ICO_Services : https://t.me/ICO_Services ○ ╬
Luckycoins999

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:31:12 PM

This could be a rumor it could be true too. Because there are no links to support this statement in the post, it will not be a wise decision to comment on it further. But yes there is a high possibility that Satoshi might have kept some to himself to fix the situation when the market is in shambles or kept it for himself without any reason, given he is the creator.
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:36:02 PM

This information has not been verified and it is probable that the owner of the wallet is not satoshi. So you should not say that, In the past days the market has fallen for this FUD and it will continue to fall if some other cold wallet wake up and panic sell BTC
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:38:40 PM

This information has not been verified and it is probable that the owner of the wallet is not satoshi. So you should not say that, In the past days the market has fallen for this FUD and it will continue to fall if some other cold wallet wake up and panic sell BTC

For me it is just a rumor because their is no need for the Satoshi even if it exists to sell the btc as had the institution or person whoever it may be had to sell would have done at 18k levels and not at 7k levels where they know in coming time it will be back to those levels.
WaterSeal

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:34:18 PM

There have been a lot of mixed stories involved in it. Some say that the wallet is in fact Silkroad's while some say it is just a rumor. Until anything is confirmed, it will be better to not to talk about it and cause further misunderstandings.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:40:51 PM

That's a huge amount of Bitcoin. And I don't think it may belongs to Satoshi Nakamoto.
We don’t know who really owns that wallet but if he sold it, then there’s really something wrong with the market. I hope this is not so serious and I hope bitcoin will not dump so much. This is really huge and can change the market trend easily, let’s all hope for good in the future.
kzozenberg

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:43:34 PM

I do not think that Satoshi Nakamoto will sell his bitcoins and ruin the course than no one knows that this is his wallet !

∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧ [ BRAVO ] Send and receive anonymous and instant payments with the power of blockchain ∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧
https://bvo.trybravo.com/
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:50:32 PM

We don’t know who really owns that wallet but if he sold it, then there’s really something wrong with the market. I hope this is not so serious and I hope bitcoin will not dump so much. This is really huge and can change the market trend easily, let’s all hope for good in the future.

it does not really matter if the wallet is from satoshi or not , what really matters the most if this news is real then we should expect a hard dump for bitcoins .

bitcoin can probably go down to 3k and below but overall , it will still be beneficial to most of us since we can now buy bitcoin in a much cheaper cost .  

Also , We can still notice that bitcoin will recover again soon  if many people will start to panic buy . so theres no need to worry at all .
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:18:24 PM

Bitcoin community members continue to piece together the story behind a huge wallet containing over 111,000 BTC ($802 million) — which suddenly became active after over four years.

https://bitcoinist.com

Bitcoin creator "Satoshi Nakamato" has some 5,000,000 bitcoins ??
If the bitcoins were lying in this purse from 2009, and not since 2014, then one could still assume that these bitcoins belong to Satoshi Nakamoto. In addition, only about a fifth of the bitcoins are activated, all the others are still in their wallet. In addition, Nakamoto owns up to one and a half million bitcoins, and not five million. Let's hope that the unknown owner of this huge sum of bitcoins does not intend to sell them, this would be detrimental to bitcoins and for the image of all the crypto currency.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:57:53 PM

I  don't know how many millions of bitcoin satoshi have, but for sure they have a lot of bitcoins in their wallet because he is creator, and they bought first bitcoin with cheaper price. No one knows if satoshi sell his bitcoin or not but for aure he sell most of their bitcoin when bitcoin reach 20k dollars each bitcoin last year 2017. Satoshi now are billionaire and he is lucky .
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:55:21 PM

The article did not state that the wallet belongs to Nakamoto and it is still under investigation and they do not have a concrete evidence that Nakamoto indeed owns that wallet, we never know but maybe it is under one whale in the past who suddenly have a need to sell his shares it is still under investigation.

who has 500,000 or more Bitcoins ??

This thread will give you some interesting names of potentially very rich people owning 6 figures of BTC:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321265.0

The thread was closed because apparently it was inaccurate, but still, you should research these names, probably some of these people still got 6 figures.

Personally as far as this case goes, it could be someone that Pirate Roberts trusted. He could have left this person a backup of the bitcoin keys in case he went to prison, or did FEDs recover all of the coins? maybe lost Gox coins? Who knows. If they aren't super early mined coins then saying it's satoshi it's too much of a stretch.
blacknight789

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:01:13 PM

Since a lot of people believe it to be a rumor, it will be better to not comment on it further and to cause even more confusion. Until any solid proof comes, it will be better to not to discuss it.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:16:22 PM

i smell fish in that news.It could be wallet of somebody but you can't sell that amount at once
I have been reading that somebody sold btc woth 110 mln$ maybe yes maybe not
But for sure nobody sold that kind of btc what you are talking about
That news are done to create panic on markets that is all in my opinion

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:10:39 PM

Satoshi nakamoto the anonymous name of the bicoin inventor. He has a wallet but is it belongs satoshi nakamoto. I have some  confusion about that but if I wrong then sorry for that.

He is the founder of Bitcoin and Blockchain technology and you think that he wont be holding any Wallet. He is owing the wallet and is holding a high chunk of bitcoin how much i dont know. As for testing he would have runed nodes and mined bitcoins so that are in his wallet.
steve_rogers321

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:37:39 PM

The article did not express that the wallet has a place with Nakamoto and it is still under scrutiny and they don't have a solid proof that Nakamoto for sure claims that wallet, we never know yet perhaps it is under one whale in the past who abruptly have a need to offer his offers it is still under scrutiny.
CrashGangster

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:49:07 PM

That wallet could undoubtedly be a trade address solidified by the police while pending examination. In spite of the fact that more probable, it's something to do with the silk street or an enormous institutional speculator. How about we trust they don't begin dumping as that would totally crash the market.
TomCrypto

Activity: 715
Merit: 220

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:54:24 PM

In addition to the post given by eternalgloom I adviced you to read  this post on reddit where people are trying to find the possible owner of this wallet
TomCrypto

Activity: 715
Merit: 220

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:05:56 PM

If it would be a wallet from a exchange, why bother to send and divide all those BTC to small amounts in order to sell them on exchange? This move remains quite suspicious
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: