Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:42:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Intro to bitcoin  (Read 162 times)
M. Aivo (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:36:48 AM

If you are looking to familiarize yourself with bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency, I would recommend looking into faucets.  They allow you to claim small fractions of coins after solving captchas.  It will not make you rich, but the coins will add up.  The best part is that you can dabble in bitcoin without spending any money.  You can set up a system like this to get started: https://bitmin.home.blog/
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dau1coduot

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:09:29 AM

I don't like faucets, it wastes my time and most of faucets are scam, full of ads and pops up.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:20:59 AM

If you are looking to familiarize yourself with bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency, I would recommend looking into faucets. 

If you do that, you will just waste your time and learn nothing about bitcoin.

They allow you to claim small fractions of coins after solving captchas. 

Exactly. You will click here and there all day long, doing meaningless manual labor, earning next to nothing.

You can set up a system like this to get started: https://bitmin.home.blog/

At least you admit that on the linked page:
...the rewards are pretty light...
This is exactly what they are and you should probably find something else to do with your free time. 

Alone055

Activity: 1049
Merit: 202

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 11:01:03 AM

Faucets are not gonna earn you anything unless you manage to get some 20k or more referrals somehow. For every claim of your referrals, you get 50% of the amount or 100% in some cases, which may bring you a few dollars every week but that would still not be worth the time you will need to spend on accumulating the referrals.
Since I have been a user of faucets once, I would definitely not recommend using them for a long time. You may use them only to have a little experience while you are learning about Bitcoin or something, but never keep in your mind that you will earn money through faucets. The ones who earn money by faucets are their owners who earn them by the advertisements they put up on their sites.

BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:29:02 PM

Clearly one can't actually learn anything about bitcoin, and secondly wouldn't this require quite a lot of work before one could even withdraw their very modest earnings? It seems like one could put the same amount of time into literally any type of work and earn many times more than that and simply .. buy bitcoin!  Cool

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:43:32 PM

Yeah. That learning strategy would have definitely worked, 2 years ago. You get access to some sats after what? After more than a week of solving captchas? Use that time on something more valuable like learning or working, and buy a few dollars worth of bitcoin instead and use those bitcoin to try transacting.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:18:52 PM

If somebody is not finding not any mean to get into BTC then he/she can try faucet. I have installed ad blockers so no faucet work now.
I made account in faucet hub and tried many sites for it in Dec -2017. All are running coinhive and very annoying but there is difference in coinpot faucets as they are not for claiming but they have some survey offers and promotion offers that sometime amount to $5 but all these offer are very hard to find and more hard to complete successfully. After wasting 1-2 week everybody get the knowledge that there is no free money as such.

I am alive
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: