Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:27:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet service ( like Coinbase ) with multisig possibility  (Read 108 times)
Deepigma (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:45:12 AM

Hi,

I am looking for some reliable wallet service / application with multisig possibility.

Me & my friend are about to start a small business Smiley
We want to create a secured wallet so that none of us independently can spend the money, ie to spend the money we have to put 2 signatures ( his & mine ).

I know that it's possible, but at the same time, I don't want to use things like Bitcoin Core.
So I am searching for more UX friendly alternatives and, of course, reliable ones.

Are there anything you can suggest?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:04:27 AM

You can use Electrum as a desktop (and android) application for creating a 2 of 2 multisig wallet.

Here are some guides to get an idea how it works:

Create a pair of 2-of-2 wallets

Help setting up 2-2 multisig wallet, using laptop and phone

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 02:02:29 PM

I am looking for some reliable wallet service / application with multisig possibility.

You definitely shouldn't be looking for an online 'service'.
If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the bitcoins.

We want to create a secured wallet so that none of us independently can spend the money, ie to spend the money we have to put 2 signatures ( his & mine ).

Especially in this case.. you should DEFINITELY NOT use an online wallet.
Create a 2-of-2 or 2-of-3 multisig with a desktop client and keep the private keys secured offline.

I know that it's possible, but at the same time, I don't want to use things like Bitcoin Core.
So I am searching for more UX friendly alternatives and, of course, reliable ones.

Well.. you can either have the most UX friendliest which is probably an online wallet. But this WON'T be a secured one.
If you want to own your BTC yourself (not the website provider) and want to have them stored securely, set up a multisig using a desktop client.

You don't have to download the whole blockchain. You can use a lightweight client (e.g. https://electrum.org/#home).
There a lot of tutorials available online how to properly create a multisig wallet. This does take 5 minutes of your time.
The reward for those 5 minutes is a secured storage solution instead of some 3rd party wallet service (which would be dumb when running a business).

If you technically don't understand anything at all, i doubt you will be successfully able to accept BTC payments or whatsoever.
In this case pay someone to show it you step-by-step..

coinsclone

Activity: 189
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:17:46 AM

Hi,

Are there anything you can suggest?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Here we are providing the elastic multi-sig wallet with escrow services. Take a demo>>
Deepigma (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:52:40 PM

OK, guys.

Thank you all for your responses.

I will go with an Electrum. Seems quite easy Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: