Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:09:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam ICO with Fake team is lot more than you can imagine !  (Read 357 times)
zenhu (OP)

Activity: 645
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:30:51 PM

Have you ever see an ICO going on and see the team listed on their site have no social media link like twitter linkedin etc? Sometimes yeah that some people don't use social media that much but you still curious who tf this guy and why I trust him with my hard earned money for some dream project. So you guys check the team image by search the image in google or Yandex or any other services and found out they just take other people image from google, what you guys will do?

If you just wonder how many scam ICO with a fake team out there, the answer is to many to handle.
You guys can go to scam accusation board here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 and see how many reports made for a fake team running an ICO. And that only ICO we proved to be fake and I'm sure there lot more ICO going on with the fake team, you just can reverse the image edit the color or just picture random person on the street and put it in your website to make it though.

So just another advice from me, don't put your money to some random project without proper search about the team and the project itself, knowledge is a power. Just because your friend or family invest that doesn't mean you have to invest too.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 05:01:34 PM

Finding team info is one of the most crucial info. Many of these project admins don't show their face on pretext of anonymity!! While anonymity is a great feature of the crypto world, but when you are investing your money, make sure to see if there is any real team behind the project or just a single scammer launching an ICO from his home!! Usually videos can help you decide that. Ask the admins for video explaining their project. Other than that, as OP mentioned, Google search team images. And if there any advisors mentioned, then simply ping them and ask if they are really advising on that project. Some simple steps to eliminate low to mid level scams.

SafeCamel95

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:22:05 PM

Investors should not invest in project just by hearing or copying the relatives or others. Investment market is related to analyze the information. So before investment, investors need to do analysis regarding the project for ensuring safety of the money.
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 07:30:27 PM

I think the reason people don't realize there are so many fake team scams is because a lot of them don't get reported.
Even the scam thread that you mentioned, actually that is a very small sampling.

Most straight up scams, the ones that are completely fake and will run away with your money, they will disappear after only getting a couple thousand to tens of thousands of dollars.
They do this to keep a low profile.
They then start up a new one and rinse and repeat.
Basically, they disappear before they become well known...obviously they don't want a target painted on themselves.

At this point, when you think about how the ico market has crashed and how many scams there are, it is best to just avoid icos completely.
I would say that 90% of icos crash to ico or below prices after getting listed.
It is a much smarter investment move to wait and see how an ico does post ico.

BitCoinGuy10

Activity: 188

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:47:57 PM

This is rightly said that investors should invest in a project after doing a proper investigation about the project. We should not copy others in case of investment as investment is different thing. Analyze the information about the project and then invest in the project.
odessit1377

Activity: 275

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:51:08 PM

Now companies that conduct ICO are a lot of, investors are checked in detail to find the best, but unfortunately a very large percentage are fraudsters. Even after collecting the hat the caps disappear. Ratings they just buy to lure to themselves.
Cactushrt

Activity: 952
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:06:41 PM

I have seen many ICO like this but im confused why they still get a funds from the investors some will copy the pictures in linkeid and change their name.

▄▄█████▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀█▌
             ▄████▀    ▀▄▀
    ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀       █▌
 ▄█▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄     ▄█▀
██▌        ██▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄██▀
███▄▄▄     ███ ▄▄███▀▀
 ▀▀███████ ███▐██▀▀▄██
     ▀▀▀▀▀ ███     ███▌
           ▐██     ▐██▌
           ▐██▄    ▐██
            ▀██▄ ▄▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄
Catena

▀██     ▄██▀
██▄ ▄██▀
▀█████
██
▄█████
██▀ ▀██▄
▄██     ▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
██████▀▀███████████▀▀██████
██████    ▀     ▀    ██████
██████               ██████
█████▌               ▐█████
█████                 █████
█████▌               ▐█████
███████▄           ▄███████
████▄▀████▀     ▀██████████
█████▄ ▀▀▀       ██████████
███████▄▄▄       ██████████
SafeCamel95

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:15:22 PM

The information of the team is what distinguishes the real ICO from the fake ones. Even if they are not available in facebook, it will be near unbelievable if they are not available in Twitter too. So, if you do see one who are nowhere to be found, then it is fake for sure.
Tipstar

Activity: 1792
Merit: 281

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:31:57 PM

Yes and the crypto world is so unregulated, a legit ICO too would go SCAM if they feel it would be cool to do so.
With the relative success of ICO funding in 16 and 17 every one wants to come up with a funding to grow their novice and crazy ideas and mostly fail miserably as they haden't made any pre research of it. Take an example of Gladius, they had a perfect concept and working roadmap until their product didn't worked at all.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:03:31 PM

You are very right but there should be a way to check whether the indicated team members are real or fake profiles with information from some other profile, i think the team members should post their ids on the blockchain so that we can verify that these are real people that will lower the number of scam icos and also boost confidence in icos.

miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:08:56 PM

ICO using images of other people for their so proud team to their website? that's a red flag and considered fraud ICO from the start, why the heck they are concealing their information? if they are genuinely want to deliver a good ICO then they should be proud to show their faces to the public for the part of their project but neglected to do that are considered frauds and thieves of identity.

blackmagic111

Activity: 218

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:49:54 PM

A great feature of this crypto world is anonymity. But finding the information of the team is the most crucial information to collect. Make sure, if there is any single scammer when you are investing the money. You can follow some steps to eliminate the level of scams.
close up

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:23:48 PM

ICO is now the way to scam people who are still a beginner or a professional in the cryptocurrency world and there is a lot of them which you cannot expect in the future.
bayarau

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:44:17 PM

I am very disappointed that most of my compatriots from the countries of Eastern Europe conduct ICO as a fraudulent scheme for receiving money and do not aspire to new technologies. On some rating resources (ICO Drops) there is an unspoken rule prohibiting the placement of ICO projects from Eastern Europe, 99% of which are scum. Most likely this is due to the fact that there is no legislative base on the territory of these countries, which punishes the use of fraudulent schemes with the help of ICO projects. In the US and Western Europe, legislation allows the prosecution of fraudsters by the ICO - so they simply do not exist.
LuckyOctopus

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:56:09 PM

Anonymity is one of the great feature of this crypto world. But the most crucial part is to find the information of the team. You have to be very careful to find out if there is any scammer while you are investing. There are some steps to eliminate this scams. You can follow those.
coinpedia240

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:15:16 PM

One of the great feature of the crypto world is anonymity. While you are going to invest you have to be very careful about the scammers. Ther shouldn’t be any single scammers. So, the most crucial part is to get the information of the team. By following some steps you can eliminate the scams.
PureDefender

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:50:38 PM

Yeah it is really important to investigate about the team behind a project. But i have seen many people just skip it. But it is not a wise way to research about the project.
jamesbondbd007

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:03:35 PM

Figuring out a fake team is a complex process from my opinion. I think we should invest time on researching before invest money on the projects. We need to prevent them as a community.
reynald70

Activity: 598
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:11:53 PM

Indeed for now most ICO projects have caused fraud. Myself, if I want to invest in an ICO project, I have to be careful and have to analyze the team behind the project. because there are currently many fake accounts from the ICO project team to deceive investors. so when we want to invest in ICO projects, we must be careful.
pimondcrypto

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:21:29 PM

I think every investors should be real careful about these fake teams. Many people judge an ICO just checking white paper but which is totally wrong. There are more facts.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: