Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:52:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened? Why do prices fly down?  (Read 1597 times)
Veter2000

Activity: 1512
Merit: 306

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:13:28 PM

I think that the fall that happened today was influenced by this news - "The bitcoin purse, which was $ 800M, was activated"- https://news.bitcoin.com/800m-btc-wallet-reactivates-tens-of-millions-to-exchanges/

Yesterday, in addition to the whale selling the bitcoins, they were sold on several exchanges and almost 200,000 eth. This is very similar to the manipulation of the market https://www.trustnodes.com/2018/09/05/flash-sell-off-200000-eth-sends-price-20-250
evichi

Activity: 1204
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:47:35 PM

This is the crux issue in cryptocurrency and the major scare in dealing with cryptocurrencies as a whole. While supply and demand plays a role in cryptocurrency markets, I think Exchanges should think outside the box to control the amount of coin that is tradable at each instant to have a bit control on sudden bearish markets. The future/trust in cryptocurrency, in my opinion, has a lot to do with high volatility of cryptocurrency markets.

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
Bayonetto

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:51:32 PM

crypto people nee to accept the fact that this is how market react when it boomed to much during December 2017 - January 2018 & then the  bearish trend started. what happened back then wasn't healthy at all & mae it look like the worst kin of bubble, now we'll have to wait even more to get back to BTC @10k (it can be month, years, who knows).

The lat " crash " you''re referring too was kind of " market shaking " to make the domino effect, so the scared traders / holders will Tether or dump or cashout.

Now from a technical perspective, this can be a good sign that we're heading to the last bearish wave which can be a bi bloody (new bottom probably). From there we'l have to wait for the next move, which can be the next bu run, but i don't expect it to be as fast as the last one, but who knows.
The thing is that, they didn't boomed at all, I mean, bitcoin increase to 8K a few months ago and then dropped to 6K, it was recovering and then... 6K again, that was unexpected, and that is why is causing controversy.
Ravenangel

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:54:32 PM

Anyone who might know why the market is so volatile, either is lying or has confidential information, is extremely difficult to know because events occur in the cryptos, the only thing we know is that there were large sales in a short period of time, so we can think that either someone decided to withdraw and sold their bitcoins or are trying to manipulate the market.

Bitcoin to the moon
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:55:30 PM

For the current day, the prices of the main crypto-currencies show a steady decline, what could this be related to? Is it because of some rumors? And as a result - a panic sale?

Sad to say, but i'm now more worried about the rumors that talk a lot about market manipulation. What we could be seeing is a result of a person/group of people trying to sell crypto slowly. They sell, wait for it to accumulate, then sell again, in order not to crash the price so much.

Of course, this is just speculation. I still believe in the long term future of crypto. Surely, value then will be way more than what we have now.
aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:56:31 PM

For the current day, the prices of the main crypto-currencies show a steady decline, what could this be related to? Is it because of some rumors? And as a result - a panic sale?

Exactly, then include the possibility of price manipulation of some whales on it to buy more coins at the very cheap price, this is a very normal scenario since then, so it is not new, but im just wondering that why do people get panic if this falls already done before.
idex100

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:58:24 PM

Well,  manipulators, they created  fake news carried by the media, amplified by YouTuber and Influnecers and then the market collapsed. Goldman Sachs came out to refute the news after the damage has been done
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:58:30 PM

Everyone has his own theory as to why the market is bleeding. Its really bad if someone sells $100M worth of bitcoin should shake the market. We're still in infancy. There's more room for improvement.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:07:11 PM

According to aome news articles, the sharp fall of major cryptocurrencies is somehow related to the rumored that Goldman Sachs Bank will not going to continue putting up cryptocurrency trading desk. Now, so what if this bank will not do not? How important is this "cryptocurrency trading desk", for the investors to panic?
ponyongie

Activity: 174
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:13:14 PM

It is normal. It is market. If you have funds, take advantage of this bearish market to hold more coins thatvyou sure is a real project and has spot in the future. Do some reviews before taking the risk though.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
vina.lugtu

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:14:04 PM

I think its because of panic selling. Big investors trying to minimize their loss by selling. They lost their confidence of the coin that they were hodling and grew tired of waiting for price increase. Its so easy to say that we need to HODL on these situation but in reality that is the hardest thing to do especially if you have limited capital. Big whales experience the same thing but on a much larger scale.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 11:14:48 PM

I think it flies down because people a group of people want the price to be down

all that is left is to be strong and courageous and ensure to hodl your tokens rightly as an individual

Don’t be mesmerized or feel pressured
Bull run awaits
mihtju

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:49:51 PM

There's a panic and dump caused by the silk road wallet.(https://bitcoinist.com/silk-road-sell-off-theories-emerge-fresh-movement-800m-bitcoin-wallet/)

I think that in the next month the market should begin to recover, but on the other hand there are no special prerequisites for this. We just wait.
It really has to recover but if it won't work well next month, then we have to say the same thing that it must go and recover for another month.
I don't think that's going to happen for the next month. I have a hope that he will be able to recover a little before the end of this year, but with such speed with which the market falls, it becomes clear that the bulls still need a lot of time to recover their strength.

Dcoollakky247

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:53:19 PM

This is still happening as a surprise to me, especially, ethereum. The token just keep dropping and sinking without any hope that it would recover soon.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:55:24 PM

I personally think that current fall was due to bearish dominancy and completion of bullish correction but at the same time market was manipulated by the whales as well, however i expect that lo g term bulls will be back in the market soon, i expect this month will surprise us before ending.

Kurokyy

Activity: 448

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:56:16 PM

There are media's and news that can actually change the mind set of every investors and traders, that is the reason why the price of the market can drop or dump depending on the situation.

alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:59:49 PM

I'm sure that whales are dumping crypto during 2018 and we need another big whales that will beleive in blockchain and crypto technologies and want to invest billions of fiat in BTC, ETH and other promising projects. It is necessary to expel speculators from crypto!

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:00:04 PM

I think regarding the lower prices
It is a game? A game played by great manipulators ( a large pool of individuals bringing down the prices of tokens so that they can buy severally more cheaper)

Which is why Hodler have to avoid fud and also avoid panic sale
The crypto currency market is for the fittest and the strongest
mitchel_am

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:01:06 PM

Many people have lost faith and patience in cryptocurrency and they don't believe in it. Crypto needs strong people to be involved in it
Mahanton

Activity: 2730
Merit: 632

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:15:04 PM

Get used to it since this is how Cryptocurrency prices do moves. It can moon anytime and it can dump or wreck anytime.Basing on either technical or fundamentals which fuds and shills are inclusive.
We have seen price had slowly rises on past few weeks and when that ETF rejection do happen the price had dumped down.We don't know if that's the actually reason but these kind of negative news can really
make such impact.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████