Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:14:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advisory for Altcoins Boards and request for sticky thread  (Read 178 times)
r1s2g3 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:38:13 PM

While visiting the the Altcoin Announcements (tokens too), Bounties and Service Discussion , I noticed there is no warning thread pinned that warn the investor that nothing in this board  (or any Altcoin) is endorsed by this forum and everybody is free to announce their altcoin here without any restrictions. Forum do not give any kind of advisory that Investment should be done after "DYOR". I think even it is not binding , but forum should put advisory thread in all the boards where monetary transaction can take place or threads created for investment and monetary gains.

I saw many users like ICOEthics and Coolcryptovator are doing a very good job in exposing scam. I agree scam accusation should go on scam accusation board
but I like to request a sticky thread  in Altcoin/Token Announcement board with title like "ICO tht are accused of scam" where user can put the name of ICO and their link to their scam accusation thread. It will really help everybody in searching  the name of scam ICO easily.

Coolcryptovator also created a guide but I do not for how many days it will come in first page Guidelines, how to spot a scam ICO & report effectively. ✔  so I like  to request for the sticky for thread like this or create a very generic thread as a sticky where we can put link of all these tips and technique for busting scam ICO.

Hoping a positive response from mprep  and Welsh.

I am alive

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:49:06 PM
Merited by mprep (1)

I'm all for helping the community, but I'm not prepared to spoon feed anyone, and I'm not sure if a sticky thread is required. Anyone investing their time/money in altcoins should already know the risks associated with them. It should go without saying that a public forum such as Bitcointalk where anyone can post an announcement thread that none of them are endorsed by Bitcointalk. Except for Howeycoins of course Wink

I'm sure most serious users who care about the projects, and where their money is going will search up the project via the scam accusations thread as well as finding public information about them through a search engine. Maybe, mprep will disagree, and think we need something like this as a sticky thread. Just looked at Coolcryptovator thread, and rewarded it some merit. Maybe, something like that could be added to a sticky, but I like the fact that most stickies are about moderation, and not guides on how to invest, and to do research. Howeycoins kind of acts as a "live" way of doing it. It acts as a real coin, and then shows you the risks associated with altcoins as it deceives you by appearing to be a real coin.

Having looked at Coolcryptovators thread I wouldn't be completely against something like that being added as a sticky thread.
r1s2g3 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:24:03 PM

I am agreeing with the point that serious user is supposed to do the all the research but I do not see any harm in re-enforcing the research thought again in the user mind. I personally believe whenever it comes to money people some time act foolish.  I also believe there is some kind of generation gap happened in this forum in which older generation joined this forum to understand the usability of bitcoin and feasibility of this consensus network and a newer generation that joined to understand the earning potentials of the bitcoin or earn a few bitcoin in this forum. And the people with trading mentality are really in risk of getting scammed and announcement of so many scam ICO is a proof that scam is still paying very well.

I will support my thought of the advisory in Altcoin might be in same line that currently exist in Gambling section.

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: You are in the Altcoin Announcement section. No coin announced here is endorsed by this forum. Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not invest in any coin before thoroughly researching them. You can follow guidelines stickied here but all investment made will be on your  own risk.

I will say again that there is no harm in repeating a useful advisory.

I am alive
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: