Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:40:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What effect will changing the block size from 32 to 5 have on SC?  (Read 8644 times)
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 06:18:11 AM

No it shows miners are fleeing ScamCoin over the clearly superior open and decentralized LightCoin.  ScamCoin is a small and shrinking minority despite GPU mining, and the diehard fans using EC2 clusters to generate coins at a loss its support is still contracting and is now roughly 1/3 of LightCoin and falling fast.

If you compare the SC and LTC graphs for the same time frame, there is zero relation between the drop in the SC network speed to any increase in LTC's network speed.  So your statement that people are leaving SC for LTC is clearly bullshit based on the data.

I mine several different coins, including BTC, LTC, and SC.  All of them are flawed, all of them are attackable, that is the truth.  But if any of them ever have a chance to become anything but a purely speculative form of exchange, then the community as a whole has to start discarding people that are blatant liars and do nothing but spread bullshit so deep you can't see the top from the bottom.  

In your one statement, you lied about why there was a drop in the SC network, you hurt LTC and Coblee's reputation by involving them, and you hurt BTC in general by posting your noise in these forums.

And last of all, you made yourself look like an idiot by posting a claim that anyone can verify as totally false.

You don't like SC, we get it, we (99% of *coin users) also don't give a fuck.
I personally don't like GG and TBX, do you see me posting ever 30 seconds about how they will kill and eat your babies?  (To be fair, as far as I know, they have not killed and/or eaten any babies to date, although, the fact that it may happen in the future, no matter how small the probability, seems to be enough for some people here to start a holy war about a baby killing chain)

These forums are rampant with people bending the truth to fit their views, and flat out lying.  Nothing that any of these chains have accomplished, whether you like them or not, will survive unless the community and/or the mods put a stop to this.

To be fair,  GG and TBX fans don't go around promoting those two in the same fashion SC users do.  There was never really any need to for GG - the source was available from the start and since it's decentralized, that's all you needed.

As far as I know, no one has proclaimed anything false about SC except for RS himself.  If anyone has, there is only to blame the lack of documentation and constant flip-flopping.

However I do agree with you about the noise.  But good luck getting anything else out of the mods.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 08:32:45 AM

edited for brevity = stuff

I went and looked at your post history - not interesting, possibly a little odd - not sure why you showed up here.

What were you actually trying to say? 

This thread provides some entertainment to those watching the politics of an alt chain evolution.  It's a nice microcosm of something that doesn't actually matter - unlike a similar maelstrom around the looming history in the making on the euro/drachma story.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 12:17:56 AM

Hashrate has dropped, USD price hasn't rise.  Block rewards are now ~$0.12 for entire block.  It is simply reinforcing that mining isn't necessary or even desired in ScamCoin. The control nodes control everything and the massive reduction in money supply growth ensures only one person will be control ... ever.  A nice tight little completely controlled playground. 

The few that cling to it are doing so because they want to reinvent the wheel.  Rather than make a better guess the number game in Bitcoins they make a crappy (but exclusive) one in ScamCoin.  A change to do something without having that pesky thing called free market competition.

They invented the square wheel mate. It is not a real cryptocurrency. It is just the new ScamFiat !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: