Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:49:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bit-Pay introduces plugin for WHMCS Client Management Software  (Read 2565 times)
BitPay Business Solutions (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2011, 06:44:57 PM

Bit-Pay introduces a Bitcoin payment plugin for the popular WHMCS billing system. WHMCS is an all-in-one client management, billing & support solution for online businesses.

http://whmcs.com

The Bit-Pay payment plugin gives merchants another payment option for their client billing and invoicing. The plugins can:

1. Create an invoice based on an order total in USD or BTC
2. Create a unique payment address for each sale
3. Auto-forward the bitcoins to the merchant, or sell them and transfer US Dollars by ACH
4. Track your sales summary and trends

If you are using WHMCS, and you would like to accept bitcoins, apply for a merchant account with Bit-pay to get started.

With this additional support, Bit-Pay expands the options our merchants have for integration to the following: JSON API, command line, JavaScript, PHP, opencart, ZenCart, Magento, and WHMCS.

The plugin can be downloaded from our website here: https://bit-pay.com/clientBilling.html

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stick_theman

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 06:46:35 PM

On the roll!!!  Congrats again.
klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 06:57:44 PM

1+

strike !

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 07:12:58 PM

What's your fee percentage?

I don't think this module works the way I want BTC to work (I want to keep BTC as a proxy currency through to USD), but we do currently use WHMCS and this is certainly a neat development.

But I can't seem to find anywhere on your site that lists your schedule of fees.

^_^
Steve

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2011, 07:18:00 PM

What's your fee percentage?

I don't think this module works the way I want BTC to work (I want to keep BTC as a proxy currency through to USD), but we do currently use WHMCS and this is certainly a neat development.

But I can't seem to find anywhere on your site that lists your schedule of fees.
You can bill in either USD or BTC and receive payout in either currency.  For payout in BTC, it's 0.99%...for payout via ACH in USD, it's 2.99%.

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
elggawf

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 07:36:51 PM

So I can bill in USD and receive payment in BTC? The README suggests there's no way for it to determine the current exchange rate, does that just mean the module? Does your site list the actual exchange rate?

So I can tell a user that they owe me $5, and you can automatically process that into 1.56BTC (at time of writing), and then you guys just take ~1% of the BTC that's sent to me?

That seems pretty reasonable, I may have to look into this.

^_^
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 07:46:12 PM

I think Steve meant "bill BTC in USD equivalent..", unless bitpay started accepting credit/debit cards?
Steve

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2011, 07:50:18 PM

So I can bill in USD and receive payment in BTC? The README suggests there's no way for it to determine the current exchange rate, does that just mean the module? Does your site list the actual exchange rate?
You can submit a price in either USD or BTC to bit-pay.  If you are submitting in BTC, you'll have to determine an exchange rate (assuming you want to update your prices based on the exchange rate).  If you submit USD, we determine the exchange rate based on the high bid from several exchanges, kicking out any outliers (such as when mtgox was showing a $10,000 bid a while back).

So I can tell a user that they owe me $5, and you can automatically process that into 1.56BTC (at time of writing), and then you guys just take ~1% of the BTC that's sent to me?

That seems pretty reasonable, I may have to look into this.
Yes, that's the way it works (using the mechanism described above to determine the exchange rate).

Steve

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2011, 07:52:36 PM

I think Steve meant "bill BTC in USD equivalent..", unless bitpay started accepting credit/debit cards?
No, we aren't messing with credit cards.  What I meant was the merchant can set the invoice amount in either USD or BTC.  If USD, we present the buyer with an invoice for the equivalent amount in BTC.  Buyers can only pay with BTC.

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 08:09:05 PM

Thanks Steve for clarification! kudos for WHMCS plugin, great feature to have hosting companies get on board with Bitcoin if I read this news right =)
elggawf

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 11:47:19 PM

Steve: That sounds more or less exactly what I've been wanting. Unfortunately interest in my users paying with BTC has been almost non-existent (I haven't pushed it very hard, but I've accepted a few payments in BTC and I'm pretty much way out in front regardless), so it's not really worth me fast-tracking automating it (doing it by hand is a non issue when it's basically like one payment a month) and I'm absolutely swamped in other projects.

But it pretty much sounds like exactly what I've been looking for. I'll take another look over the code later on and maybe sign up and have one of my regular users test it out.

Edit: Oh, one more thing - do you know if this allows WHMCS clients to load up their "pre-pay" balance via BTC as well?

^_^
BitPay Business Solutions (OP)

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2011, 12:17:56 AM

I'll take another look over the code later on and maybe sign up and have one of my regular users test it out.

We'd appreciate your feedback on it.  If I may ask, how do your users typically pay you now?  WHMCS has like 100 different payment plugins, and to me they all look like they do the same thing (Visa, MC, etc).  This service is new to us, and we'd like a better grasp on how people use it.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 06:32:00 AM

This is off topic, but I think there is no need for another thread: how long do you take to notify the merchant of the transaction? The waiting time may be important for merchants selling digital content for example.
Steve

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 12:42:18 PM

This is off topic, but I think there is no need for another thread: how long do you take to notify the merchant of the transaction? The waiting time may be important for merchants selling digital content for example.
The merchant has three choices for notification, high speed (immediate notification), medium speed (after 1 block), and low speed (after 6 blocks).

hxtop

Activity: 1071

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 03:05:13 PM

that good idear but how can we use it as easy as normal live.?
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 08:46:10 PM

The merchant has three choices for notification, high speed (immediate notification), medium speed (after 1 block), and low speed (after 6 blocks).

Nice. If more exchanges/e-wallets implement green addresses it would be an interesting addition to the service.
windywinter

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:42:12 AM

Are you sure your plugin works? Because I extracted these files into my whmcs directory but 'bit-pay' didn't show up in payment gateways. I think you missed bitpay.php or a similar file in your release.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: