Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:12:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 50 GPU Mining Farm Earns Less Than $10 A Day - VoskCoin Mining Farm Profits  (Read 2679 times)
hashestohashes

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:54:40 PM

jajajajajaja

I still remember some guys saying that they were mining at a loss and would continue doing it. Prices dropped more and they gave up. There is no biggest power than seing $ going out of your pocket to understand you were in a huge error.

Please, tell this stupid guy to turn them OFF.
Same people who are going to hodl, prices drop they sell. It's easy to hodl when the price is on a rocket, been there done that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
serhanni

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:23:47 PM

But in your Excel sheet you show 42 gpus only? Sorry I'm at a noisy place. Am I missed something? I know you are an experienced miner, why aren't you try your luck with solo mining?
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 08:15:48 PM

But in your Excel sheet you show 42 gpus only? Sorry I'm at a noisy place. Am I missed something? I know you are an experienced miner, why aren't you try your luck with solo mining?

Solo with 50?  LOL You have better odds hitting the lottery.

It's called the safe play.  Hell I have many more than vosk and I would never dare of solo now unless some new coin came out I wanted to destroy.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:21:45 PM

Key though, you are still earning 10$ a day.  Yeah it sucks but if you saw 10$ in the street you wouldn't walk over it would you?

Well now, it's not quite as simple as seeing $10 on the street and just easily and pleasantly picking it up.  Especially not with a 50 GPU farm setup.  Heck, not even with a 6 GPU garden setup.  There are tweaks, updates, monitoring... things are constantly changing.

It's more like seeing a $10 bill on the road every day and then realizing that you'll have to first go to a computer, google search some things, go to the GPU rig (wherever that may be), tweak this, replace that...

Basically just have to consider the labor that goes into it.  For some that labor is heavy and for some maybe not as much but everyone's time is valuable.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:48:43 AM

It's called the safe play.  Hell I have many more than vosk and I would never dare of solo now unless some new coin came out I wanted to destroy.

50ghs is a sick amount of hash , solo should be easy
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 01:08:23 AM

Key though, you are still earning 10$ a day.  Yeah it sucks but if you saw 10$ in the street you wouldn't walk over it would you?

Well now, it's not quite as simple as seeing $10 on the street and just easily and pleasantly picking it up.  Especially not with a 50 GPU farm setup.  Heck, not even with a 6 GPU garden setup.  There are tweaks, updates, monitoring... things are constantly changing.

It's more like seeing a $10 bill on the road every day and then realizing that you'll have to first go to a computer, google search some things, go to the GPU rig (wherever that may be), tweak this, replace that...

Basically just have to consider the labor that goes into it.  For some that labor is heavy and for some maybe not as much but everyone's time is valuable.

Yeah true on all accounts I over simplified.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:47:28 AM

Hell I have many more than vosk and I would never dare of solo now unless some new coin came out I wanted to destroy.

Don't destroy anything!  Shocked

Where's VOSK, by the way? Could he be here?   Cheesy ==> https://coinsbank.com/cruise-europe#section-speakers meets with John McAfee, Charlie Lee, Roger Ver. 

I know you are an experienced miner, why aren't you try your luck with solo mining?

Yeah, I have asked the same, before. I'm doing solo with almost all of my rigs, my hashrate isn't even a quarter of a dagarair's hashrate.  Grin
martyroz

Activity: 325
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:34:30 AM

I agree, small miners who don’t dump all thier crypto to pay bills win in these kinda times since its basically a hobby you can affort to sit on ur crypto.   Last time my mistake is  i sold too soon.  thiz time im waiting till btc cressts 30k to sell so i can retire

I'm a small miner. I've sold 80% of my GPU with 20% still 'for sale'.
I'm mining with a bunch of Z9 mini which are doing pretty well.
Also sitting on a non-trivial amount of stock (90% BTC).

It's still an active hobby for me, I've just shifted the slaves from GPU, who all served me well, to ASIC.
*shrug*
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 02:02:28 AM

In the video I only showed the numbers for the 42 because it was clear, the other 8 gpus have been bounced around and I didn't have concise numbers for the last 72 hours -- gave the rounded figure w/ 50 in mind

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 02:03:18 AM

Hell I have many more than vosk and I would never dare of solo now unless some new coin came out I wanted to destroy.

Don't destroy anything!  Shocked

Where's VOSK, by the way? Could he be here?   Cheesy ==> https://coinsbank.com/cruise-europe#section-speakers meets with John McAfee, Charlie Lee, Roger Ver. 

I know you are an experienced miner, why aren't you try your luck with solo mining?

Yeah, I have asked the same, before. I'm doing solo with almost all of my rigs, my hashrate isn't even a quarter of a dagarair's hashrate.  Grin

haha I'm not cool enough to get invited to speak at events Cheesy still just here on the east coast of usa!

Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:03:42 AM

haha I'm not cool enough to get invited to speak at events Cheesy still just here on the east coast of usa!

That's not true. You are cool Vosk, but yes your cool level a bit below Roger Ver.  Grin
Is someone here realize that Vosk a bit similar with Roger Ver? or may Alejandro Manzano (Boyce Avenue)

Are the rest of your GPU still operated? Or you just put it somewhere with a lot of dust on it? (that's reminded me with a few of my dying GPUs). If it possible, use the rest of your GPU for a small task such as Solitaire nor a bit hard task / doing multitasking Solitaire + Wordpad or notepad. Before all of your card sold.
serhanni

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:41:14 AM

Solo is quite possible on some dagger hashimoto or cryptonight coins. You can still find a block, you don't need to mine ethereum or monero
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:56:29 AM

Most people assume mining hardware is a fixed sunk cost when it often can be converted back into operating capitol - although at a value lower than acquisition price. As far as I can tell - the only hardware that absolutely becomes trash after 1 year is an ASIC miner. USB risers, motherboards, CPUs, RAM and of course video cards all have some value after 6 months or 12 months of mining.

Every 2 months (or more frequently if the market is crashing) I evaluate if I am losing more in devaluation of my hardware than I am earning mining profits. In Vosk's case he's earning one tasty Chipotle burrito a day - and I'm sure tails takes most of that. But 50 cards may be losing 2 to 3 burritos a day in value.

I think the 1070 and higher cards will hold their value decently well, but the 1060s and 1050s are going to crash hard (4k and 144Hz monitors demand more than a 1060).

But it always must be considered how hard is it to liquidate a video card in a deflating market. Right now it's. In January I was selling 2 year old RX 470s with 1 year of warranty for $450 cash (the nice MSI Gamer X ones, not crappy blower ones) in Los Angeles. I posted them as mining cards and told the buyer the optimal settings I had found.

If you try to sell a card now you'll probably say "was never used for mining" and when they ask you what games you played at Ultra High you say CS:GO  Grin
GGurol

Activity: 112
Merit: 31

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 09:30:05 AM

crypto evolving, shows new behaviors. We need to adapt to new one.
Market is not like old. More traders jumping into the network.
So we have to realize our profits sometimes and can try to increase coin amount sometmes by trading too.

msallak1

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 09:53:29 AM

I pay 0.005$ per kW so electricity doesn't really cut my gains Smiley , still mining till I ROI my cards or profits are less than 5 cents  Grin.
NiklasFalk

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:30:56 AM

Havning a single rig of 9 1060 built in the worst of times (Feb 2018) I'm far from breaking even (mined coins+sale value of cards - cost of cards).
I make use of the 1kW of heat so I deceive myself by not counting the electricity and even then it's a long time before the figures will be black.
I even bought coins for the value of two cards to make the numbers look more interesting (and those coins have not dropped in value, yet) Smiley

But it starts to feel a bit stupid to jump between coins when the difference is a few cent per day (time lost by looking at the coin profits is worth more)...

The hope is to (eventually) beat an index fund, but if you start in Feb2018 you have no chance to get into black until the next boom, if there will be one.
I have at least raised the temp in my basement, making the whole house warmer.
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 03:28:48 PM

Grendel25 really nailed it, if someone doesnt think their farm isn't a big time sink (sometimes randomly too) then lets trade farms lol

Before I downsized my farm was much more burdensome, and in this market its better to band-aid something instead of splurging on some sort of upgrade.

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 03:31:01 PM

That's not true. You are cool Vosk, but yes your cool level a bit below Roger Ver.  Grin
Is someone here realize that Vosk a bit similar with Roger Ver? or may Alejandro Manzano (Boyce Avenue)

Are the rest of your GPU still operated? Or you just put it somewhere with a lot of dust on it? (that's reminded me with a few of my dying GPUs). If it possible, use the rest of your GPU for a small task such as Solitaire nor a bit hard task / doing multitasking Solitaire + Wordpad or notepad. Before all of your card sold.
How am I similar to Roger Ver :O lol

mineshop.eu
Copper Member

Activity: 402
Merit: 57

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 10:40:53 AM

How am I similar to Roger Ver :O lol
Roger has B-cash you have Vosk coin  Wink

mk111

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:01:54 AM

Please guys don't spoil our mood here talking about Btrash Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: