Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:00:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New member, still time to get in on the rocket ship?  (Read 198 times)
Protojae (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:26:31 AM

Hello, I am new into the crypto community. I will admit back when bitcoin came out (or I was first hearing of it, 2008-2009?) I was skeptical, I even passed up several opportunities for FREE bit coin offered to me, and I did not take it. I said it was worthless. Here I am 10 years later, 26, working a fast food job, watching the crypto market fly, so now I would love for a shot to get in on this revolution that is inevitably heading our way! The big problem for me, is I currently (like i said I work fast food) don't have big money to invest, the amount of 1 bitcoin is worth more than everything I own if life times so. I currently have a small amount of money invested into dogecoin, due to the cheap prices. I really want to be part of this revolution, I would like to ask, what could a person do to still be able to get in on the changes that are about to take place, without having the financial backing to actually possess the bit coins themselves. I know this is a big question, but I am asking, not for anything other than advise. I research constantly, I just went from 1-450 subscribers on Youtube in 2 days making videos of dogecoin. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I do not expect a simple answer, I am willing to dive, research, learn, and put every minute of time that I am able, to make this happen. My problem is a major lack of guidance...

Thank you, and thank you all for reading!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:07:17 AM

Bitcoin just dropped 12% - a good time to buy.
blackbold

Activity: 385
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:25:11 AM

Hello, I am new into the crypto community. I will admit back when bitcoin came out (or I was first hearing of it, 2008-2009?) I was skeptical, I even passed up several opportunities for FREE bit coin offered to me, and I did not take it. I said it was worthless. Here I am 10 years later, 26, working a fast food job, watching the crypto market fly, so now I would love for a shot to get in on this revolution that is inevitably heading our way! The big problem for me, is I currently (like i said I work fast food) don't have big money to invest, the amount of 1 bitcoin is worth more than everything I own if life times so. I currently have a small amount of money invested into dogecoin, due to the cheap prices. I really want to be part of this revolution, I would like to ask, what could a person do to still be able to get in on the changes that are about to take place, without having the financial backing to actually possess the bit coins themselves. I know this is a big question, but I am asking, not for anything other than advise. I research constantly, I just went from 1-450 subscribers on Youtube in 2 days making videos of dogecoin. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I do not expect a simple answer, I am willing to dive, research, learn, and put every minute of time that I am able, to make this happen. My problem is a major lack of guidance...

i think that's a right decision, don't hear about negative information about crypto, crypto will expand anymore and there will more people who know and interesting about crypto, just keep to be optimistic
Protojae (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:59:27 AM

Thank you! I will definitely not give up! I have actually tried purchasing bitcoin with my credit card from a few different places with no success, where would you guys recommend to buy bitcoin with USD/Credit card?

And do you really think a few dollars at a time will make a difference? I feel like if you have less than half a bitcoin it will be hard to make any real gains. I am not looking to profit USD, I want bitcoin/satoshis! So the only plan that I see that I could try to do, is buy in and just try continuously flipping it, but I feel like being a tadpole swimming with whales, my bitcoin will get eaten right up, but at the same time, I want to scale up as fast as possible (without being able to contribute outside funds over a certain extent >200$ Mo.
willramis

Activity: 47

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:04:21 AM

Crypto is staying here for long. It might evolve-yes, especially, with upcoming quantum computers in the very near future. But looking at the ease of features it delivers it is very unlikely it is going away.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:04:55 AM

I currently have a small amount of money invested into dogecoin, due to the cheap prices.

Ah. Typical mistake of beginners. Unit bias. Yes the price is cheap, but did you ever take into consideration the total circulating supply of doge? Currently it's  116,016,773,297 DOGE    . Yeah, it's definitely very high. People invest in certain altcoins expecting that it will "be like bitcoin" in terms of price or something.

Also, yeah you invested in dogecoin, which is cheap indeed, but you invested in a meme coin; basically a coin that was made as a joke. Not saying it's a bad investment though, but still. Hopefully you know what you're putting your money into.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
rodalutor

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:05:15 AM

It sounds like you're already doing one of those things. Continue making those videos on your channel and growing your influence. Your knowledge as well as your earning potential will grow exponentially. DOGE probably isn't the best of coins to begin with but your video was clearly a hit.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Protojae (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:12:57 AM

You guys really don't think it has potential? Did you watch the vid from the devs today? I mean, I know dogecoin is being heavily manipulated I found that out as I was trying to study the trading patterns of the top bitcoin/dogecoin wallets, trying to learn how they traded. I learned a lot from it, I just have to figure out a way to implement it on a much smaller scale! I do feel like dogecoin has a small amount of potential, either way, its nice and cheap, good for me to practice trading with (though I really cannot afford to lose) I am going to do my best to get a portion of a btc. Where would you suggest purchasing with credit card?
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:03:40 AM

Hello, I am new into the crypto community. I will admit back when bitcoin came out (or I was first hearing of it, 2008-2009?) I was skeptical, I even passed up several opportunities for FREE bit coin offered to me, and I did not take it. I said it was worthless. Here I am 10 years later, 26, working a fast food job, watching the crypto market fly, so now I would love for a shot to get in on this revolution that is inevitably heading our way! The big problem for me, is I currently (like i said I work fast food) don't have big money to invest, the amount of 1 bitcoin is worth more than everything I own if life times so. I currently have a small amount of money invested into dogecoin, due to the cheap prices. I really want to be part of this revolution, I would like to ask, what could a person do to still be able to get in on the changes that are about to take place, without having the financial backing to actually possess the bit coins themselves.

time-wise, you're in luck. if you hadn't noticed, the "rocket ship" crashed last december. the market's been stuck in a range and today's $1000 dump sort of signifies the bear market isn't quite over yet. so, make that money and invest as you can. it might be a year or two before another bull market is upon us.

also, altcoins usually bleed hard during bitcoin bear markets. i know DOGE saw a nice pump recently, but given the larger market context, i would avoid getting trapped here. during bubbles, the gains are magnified with altcoins, but during bear markets the losses are magnified (vs BTC). keep that in mind during these market phases.

Jundax

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:59:26 AM

Funny thing about this Doge coin is even if it was created as a joke, it feels much better now than those projects that "we are here to stay, eth killer, new btc etc".
Zhen Zhibing

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:17:06 AM

You can. This time is best to buy crypto, the market dump up to 20% in just one day. It your chance to buy.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:46:44 AM

Funny thing about this Doge coin is even if it was created as a joke, it feels much better now than those projects that "we are here to stay, eth killer, new btc etc".

There's something to be said for meme coins that focus on community (and which aren't built on the premise of vaporware). They mesh perfectly with social media. It seems like Dogecoin simply never dies, and can be hyped over and over.

You can. This time is best to buy crypto, the market dump up to 20% in just one day. It your chance to buy.

You might be right. But "buying the dip" is tricky when it's not a bull market anymore. We could still drop a lot more. That's why a lot of people advocate for dollar-cost averaging, where you buy over a long period, a bit at a time. It's tough to buy right at the bottom. Wink

logitechwow

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:34:06 PM

Do your YouTube channel and do not give up this business.
All the money that you get with a gift, YouTube, etc., is in Bitcoin.
Work on your job cook, live on this money.
After 1 year you will have a decent condition of money, believe me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: