Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:16:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie here  (Read 1138 times)
Mike Conowingo (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:51:10 AM

Hello all I am newbie and am learning all I can right now, so much info out there. As of now I have little to offer to site but as I can I will. I was looking for info on wallets and stumbeled across this site and glad I did.  Smiley
 I will be searching this site to get up to date about btc and wallet storage or sleeping. Lot to research such as can I purchase btc from my wallet provider? Do I have to buy whole btc or can i buy smaller fragments? Told u complete noob but I will catch on quick. Thanks to all - Mike
Kunaika

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:02:13 AM

Hi!

I am new too, but i read and watched these 2 sites for the info i learned.. not super sure if its trusty, but its a start!

To be honest, this was the only site, imo, that explained everything clearly to me lol
http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/08/how-to-mine-bitcoins/

This youtube guy isnt so bad to listen to, gives decent advice without giving too much opinions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7opj5-32hw

Oh and there are a lot of guides here too lol, I am still going through them
Coef

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Exhausted

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:13:37 AM

Mike and Kunaika, welcome to bitcointalk Smiley

Mike Conowingo (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:52:42 PM

Ok so I have been reading and I am confused about storage of coin. I would like to buy and set in a cold wallet however this is where the confusion is. Do I need to create a wallet and print out info and store on USB? I doubt I will be a big time trader seeing as I can't afford much. I am in US and would be interested in and opinions. Thanks Mike
Mobius7

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:20:54 PM

Ok so I have been reading and I am confused about storage of coin. I would like to buy and set in a cold wallet however this is where the confusion is. Do I need to create a wallet and print out info and store on USB? I doubt I will be a big time trader seeing as I can't afford much. I am in US and would be interested in and opinions. Thanks Mike

The safest way to store your bitcoin would be cold (offline) wallet or paper wallet.
You can create a paper wallet on bitaddress.org easily (offline for better security), or use armory to create an offline wallet.

Loophole

Activity: 619

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:45:29 PM

welcome to bitcointalk Smiley

BitcoinBoss

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:17:01 PM

Welcome to BitcoinTalk, you will find a whole host of useful information and helpful assistance on this forum!  Smiley

FREE BITCOIN ! ---> FreeBitco.in (Faucet + Multiplier) <--- FREE BITCOIN !
howzar

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:34:40 PM

Welcome to the bitcoin forums!
Mike Conowingo (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:04:56 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I have been watching YouTube videos about bit coins and wallets. I actually got the link from this site. I am really thrilled about all that I have been learning. Thanks again for the welcome Mike
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 12:15:16 AM

search for some info on youtube. there are alot usefull btc videos, like the 101 series.

BunsenBurner

Activity: 653

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:29:07 AM

welcome mike Wink

Mike Conowingo (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:42:47 AM

Ok so I signed on coinbase this is my first wallet now I got a address and am wondering if that's how I buy coins and send to that address? Still very green I am going to use the app authy ( coinbase reccomendes it also that is who I have my wallet through. I have been watching a lot of videos from YouTube from wbn very informative. Also I use my smartphone a lot is that going make more problems for me? Well thanks for the info so far and the welcomes.
 Next I need to purchase btc so now on to that.
  Mike
Mobius7

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:22:28 AM

Welcome.

Nezinau

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:01:16 PM

Welcome to this forum. Best luck here.
pkmoney

Activity: 205
Merit: 29

Love yourself.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:48:42 PM

Welcome my friends and good luck to you all =)

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Jacce

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:48:25 PM

Hello and welcome to Bitcointalk! There are some sites/threads I think you should consider checking out: the newbie readme and also this Bitcoin guide in case you don't know the basics of BTC.
E.exchanger

Activity: 714

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:50:18 PM

welcome on board and  i would suggest cold storage paper wallet to be good to store your BTCBTC
mblados

Activity: 350

Muroko Blados

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:16:27 PM

Welcome to the Forum. Try this Wallet: Armory Bitcoin. Im currently using it as a Cold Storage and it is Super Safe and Simple to Setup.
You can read more from here https://bitcoinarmory.com/about/using-our-wallet/

[EagsCurrency] We mean Business - Now PURE POS! Stake your Free Share Now! ends Jan. 27
mikstroa

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Welcome to the bitcoin forums!
Predatorian

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:51:47 PM

Hello guys i hope u gonna enjoy that forum like me Smiley