Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:24:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: if you lived in iceland and knew about the airdrop what would you do assuming that a price of 0.03144654 btc/aur at the time of airdrop?  (Voting closed: March 24, 2014, 10:53:46 AM)
I would claim my and my friend's and family's coins as fast as possible to dump all of them immediatley. - 28 (46.7%)
I would claim my coins as fast as possible to dump all of them immediatley with no intention of buying them back. - 7 (11.7%)
I would claim my coins as fast as possible to dump all of them immediatley with the intention of buying them back cheaper. - 6 (10%)
I would claim my coins as fast as possible to dump a few of them immediatley and hold the rest. - 3 (5%)
I would clam my coins as fast as possible and watch the market closely first. At the slightest sign of a big dump I would dump my coins, too, but otherwise i would hold them. - 5 (8.3%)
I would claim and hold my coins and try to spread the word. - 6 (10%)
I would only claim my coins if it turned out to be successful. - 5 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 60

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: poll concerning the airdrop of auroracoin  (Read 1173 times)
kingbtcvl (OP)

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:53:46 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 11:10:18 AM by kingbtcvl

hey guys, you have probably all heard about auroracoin.

but for those of you who havent , here is a brief summary:
auroracoin is an alctoin that has been released by a cryptocurrency enthusiast from iceland at the beginning of februrary with the intention to improve the poor financial situation in iceland. it is a 50% premined coin (that equals 10,5 million coins), but all premined coins are going to be distributed among the population of iceland by an airdrop starting at the 25th of march. the airdrop is going to last one year and consits of three stages, where in the first stage every icelander can claim 31.8 aurorcoin. to guarantee a quite fair distribution the possiblites the icelandic id system offers are going to be used. however the government and the central bank of iceland to not support that project and even worse warn the poplation calling it a scam.
recently auroracoin has enjoyed a lot of attention when it has climbed to third position on coinmarketcap (the premined coin are counted in here). right after that it has been added by a lot of exchanges including cryptsy and the price has peakd at 0.1698 btc/aur. at the time of writing the price is at 0.082 btc/aur climbing form it latest low of 0.037 btc/aur. obvioulsy there is a lot of speculation going on right now.

as auroracoin is quite exciting experiment in my eyes i want to know your opinon about what might happen at the beginning of the airdrop.

so if you lived in iceland and knew abbout the project what would you do assuming a price of 0.03144654 btc/aur at the time of the airdrop?

please make your choice and consider that i choose a fictive price that would get you 1 btc for selling all the 31.8 auroracoins.

eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:20:55 AM

The Nash equilibrium is an immediate dump. Seconds will matter.
tromp
Legendary

Activity: 985
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:37:06 PM

Where is the option

I would claim all Icelander's coins as fast as possible to dump all of them immediatley.

? Why limit it to friends and family ?
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:12:40 PM

I would learn about the airdrop and wonder WTF is auroracoin and then wonder why they didn't just airdrop BTC instead.  I would then try to get the coins but find out that some politician hired a hacker to empty all the wallets and dumped the coins within seconds of the drop.

I would blame the politicians, blame the developers and say cryptos suck because they make the rich richer.
jonnysomething

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:22:42 PM

I would learn about the airdrop and wonder WTF is auroracoin and then wonder why they didn't just airdrop BTC instead.  I would then try to get the coins but find out that some politician hired a hacker to empty all the wallets and dumped the coins within seconds of the drop.

I would blame the politicians, blame the developers and say cryptos suck because they make the rich richer.

You know, this could happen.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:41:47 AM

I wonder who they would dump all the coins onto. Since everyone seems to be ready to dump prior to the airdrop, value may be low at the time and I am not sure how many buyers there will be for 10 million to be dumped on all at once. I mean sure, if they want to sell for a penny each, I'm buying. But I think there would have to be a profit motive set at a modest level of return. If the coin cools off before the dump it may surprise people outside of iceland if all of a sudden there is mass enthusiasm for the coin. To my understanding there are already several people using the mined coins in iceland now to buy stuff.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: