Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:57:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: scalping strategy  (Read 614 times)
lushlife (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:25:13 AM

Good day everyone, what tools/strategy/method/indicators do you use in scalping trading strategy?
I am thinking of using bollinger bands+stochastic rsi, is this a good strategy?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:51:24 AM

I will follow this thread. I'm also interested to learn scalping and arbitrage trading. I'm a long term trader so I wanted to try short to medium term trading. I wanted to grab the opportunity on the volatility of the market. Guys please share with us your best practices about scalping and arbitrage. Thank you and God bless us more!
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:06:06 AM

I only scalp when the market is bleeding and it's always been good for me, increasing my possessions but being left behind by the pullback by the other pair of currency I am trading off. My strategies are only increasing possession not focusing on the monetary value. What I did was know the basics of trading first like MACD, RSI and Bollinger Bands, all are basic and I don't complicate much, also Im trading on the 1Hour and 4Hour.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:19:09 AM

Sure, you can use the above indicators/strategies, but if you want something less complicated and very easy to implement, how about

Pivot Reversal Strategy

In essence, it's a Tradingview indicator (usually you won't find it on the exchanges' internal charts) which does nothing else but indicate when to buy and when to sell.

It looks to me that most of the time you won't be making much money, but, as far as the ease of use is concerned, there's no match. Here is a youtube tutorial for scalping using this indicator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLz0xUkD2LE

Disclaimer: I haven't tried it myself, so, how useful it is, I have no idea. If you decide to use it, combine it with other signals from other indicators/strategies.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:27:06 AM

I've tried the BB and RSI and basically in the end, its not profitable because from time to time the trends change and it won't work long term. I've tried it on Stocks, Forex, Bitcoin and it will never consistantly profitable.

Best way to scalp?

On Bitmex wait until there is like a 20-30 Million liquidation and take the reverse trade. Basically today it wouldn't of worked because the dump was huge but on a regular range trading day whenever there is a 1M candle with $10+ Million in liquidations, usually taking the reverse with a tight stop works. Because people get liquidated and profits get taken and its usually reversal time.

Very good risk reward but the issue is usually with the Bitmex engine being laggy and difficult to get a trade to register. So it won't always work.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
zcooipo

Activity: 133

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:59:48 AM

My strategy is very simple. Buy some new altcoins and sell them when their price exceeds 20%. If I fall, then I will sell them when they fall more than 20%!
Rrtt

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:16:52 AM

I do scalping but honestly i don't have any strategy or chart that follows. I only use my gut feeling and luck that the altcoin i am trading will surge in the short time but unfortunately it does not work well with me. I am interested in this trade so i am going to follow this one there are good ideas that the senior members will share here so we can learn.
fritzpaulusha

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:29:02 AM

Don't use scalping - you will loose because of high commissions and spreads.

Also, don't use stop losses.

Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:01:08 AM

I will follow this thread. I'm also interested to learn scalping and arbitrage trading. I'm a long term trader so I wanted to try short to medium term trading. I wanted to grab the opportunity on the volatility of the market. Guys please share with us your best practices about scalping and arbitrage. Thank you and God bless us more!
I'm also trading long term but this scalping strategy is very interesting, yet it requires you a lot of time because you need  to monitor the market 24/7. My strategy is normal, I just buy some and set a target price within that day, I used the MA and RSI but it still hard to know if that coin will really pump. You need to master the tools like this so you can have more profit daily. Consider also the fees of trading before you do scalping because you might lose more if the fees is very high.
Binugon

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:09:43 PM

Good day everyone, what tools/strategy/method/indicators do you use in scalping trading strategy?

This scalping strategy can generate profits with a very fast time, but before using this strategy that needs to be considered is price movements that are experiencing a bullish or bearish trend so this is not easy to do to open positions continuously and consistently.
CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 01:15:01 PM

Basically here to learn, because most of the strategies I have employed haven't seen to be working perfectly, I have equally used some indicators but it didn't go so well maybe because I am being too greedy or entering wrongly, I Have decided to set low my profit and employ stop loss when entering any market, using Bollinger and RSI to test for entry and exit

Gembul0705

Activity: 168
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 01:47:28 PM

I usually use macd,boillinger bands , rsi and ema with low time frame maybe 15m and 1 hour also not use stoploss but averaging down. but it is very risk because market is unpredictable. I will trading when the bitcoin price is sideways but when market is bearish or fall to far maybe i don't entry.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:24:06 PM

I've tried the BB and RSI and basically in the end, its not profitable because from time to time the trends change and it won't work long term. I've tried it on Stocks, Forex, Bitcoin and it will never consistantly profitable.

Best way to scalp?

On Bitmex wait until there is like a 20-30 Million liquidation and take the reverse trade. Basically today it wouldn't of worked because the dump was huge but on a regular range trading day whenever there is a 1M candle with $10+ Million in liquidations, usually taking the reverse with a tight stop works. Because people get liquidated and profits get taken and its usually reversal time.

Very good risk reward but the issue is usually with the Bitmex engine being laggy and difficult to get a trade to register. So it won't always work.

The last huge drop is so juicy

been struggle to get a positions but when a second wave comes its a wow..

this bitmex really is tricky thing, sometimes I am putting a bait for a position but closely watching out and keeping a stop always

They are doing rekts for sure, but don't leave things unattended

lushlife (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:40:11 AM

Best way to scalp?

Hey, thank you for sharing your thoughts. So I should wait for BTCitcoin's market go sideways? and also, this type of strategy only works on Bitmex?
manggis97

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:55:43 AM

If you would like to do scalping trading is better to use exchange that offer profit from bullish and bearish market, like Bitmex.  And to avoid big risk is better use lower margin like 1 to 5 times leverage. So we can maximum the profit because we can get profit also from short potition. And for the indikator,  that combination is good,  because Bolinger Band and RSI is given more accurate signal when the price reversal. Never forget also to use stop loss whenever make trade to avoid loss from wrong prediction.

wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:03:33 AM

When doing Scalping strategy we should predict the reversal point of the price of crypto, iam personal use trend line, 2 Moving  average and RSI to predict it. Beside use some indicator , i also use candlestick and price pattern to predict the price will be continuously follow the trend or not.

Noa_Amable

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:17:02 AM

rsi and bb can show you mid-term movements (a week or so) but in case of news outcome it will break all your strategy.
try ichimoku.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:11:54 AM

Bollinger bands is just fine but if I may suggest, you may add awesome oscillator indicator and rvgi. Those are the indicators I've been using for scalping and take note that rvgi also measures the strength of a trend. For me, it's the most reliable technical indicators. Just do a research on how to use those indicators that i have mentioned and try to apply those.
yla1974

Activity: 700
Merit: 380

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:27:53 AM

I used RSI, Stoch, MACD. But eventually decided to abandon this strategy, takes a lot of time, and negatively affects the nervous system. Work that does not justify the time spent.
minivan

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:35:02 PM

I've been studying a scalping strategy recenty. Check ICT's vids on yourube, it's free and those generic price atcion concepts work on every markets
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: