Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:51:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: scalping strategy  (Read 606 times)
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:01:58 AM
Merited by aencarnaci (2)

Good day everyone, what tools/strategy/method/indicators do you use in scalping trading strategy?
I am thinking of using bollinger bands+stochastic rsi, is this a good strategy?
Wow seems like a lot of people are interested in the scalping method. For me, that’s really the best method to use and I have never used any other method apart from that. With scalping you just hold a position for a short-term and come out with a small profit.

If you continue with it by the end of the day you will have a huge amount of profit  this is a good thread and will help those interested in using this method. By the way, I came across this post while making a research on Google, you guys might like to check it out–

https://admiralmarkets.com/education/articles/forex-strategy/forex-1-minute-scalping-strategy-explained

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:05:26 PM

If you would like to do scalping trading is better to use exchange that offer profit from bullish and bearish market, like Bitmex.  And to avoid big risk is better use lower margin like 1 to 5 times leverage. So we can maximum the profit because we can get profit also from short potition. And for the indikator,  that combination is good,  because Bolinger Band and RSI is given more accurate signal when the price reversal. Never forget also to use stop loss whenever make trade to avoid loss from wrong prediction.
As long as you are using a lower leverage, I am sure you should always get something good. It is actually greed that makes a lot of people to end up making the worst mistakes most of the time. Scalping can be a little draining though as you need to always be ready to make quick decisions in the market, irrespective of the platform you are scalping from.

Perfect strategy for me is trend and momentum and I use indicators such as MAs, and Stochastic RSI to that effect. That has always worked for me, but not without knowing that the use of stop losses is one paramount thing for anyone that wants to scalp.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:24:28 PM

Good day everyone, what tools/strategy/method/indicators do you use in scalping trading strategy?
People here are right about the reversal because if a movement is starting in bitcoin it sure goes a long time before it stops, however don't think just because it dropped couple bucks its a reversal, its not, you should wait at least 100 dollars before you decide on moving forward with the strategy.

Hence, if you see bitcoin going from 7.2 thousand dollar levels to 7 thousand dollars levels than you can be certain that it will go even further down and not stay there, if you see bitcoin going from 6.4 thousand dollar levels to 6.6 thousand dollar levels you can be certain its going further as well.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1031

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 03:51:47 PM

I saw one youtuber using BOLL and Stochastic RSI too in trading and I have tried it too in scalping and I can say that it is a good combination of indicators but take note, these 2 indicators will not guarantee that you will make profit on every trade you do.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:01:17 AM

Order book, price action, volume, stoch RSI and the moving averages 20 and 50. One thing you have to understand though that scalping requires a lot of discipline most especially when it comes to stopping losses and you need to try as much as possible to learn as much as you can to find your own strategy that works better for you.

The knowledge of the combination of the ones I have mentioned can always help inform your decisions on the scalping actions you should be taking in the market at any point in time.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:58:09 AM

You can use any indicator you like, as long you know and understand how to use it everything will be fine. Scalping is short term period strategy and use many little transactions to get higher income. For this method I suggest you to set stop loss and take profit area also in short/ small range. Have a nice trade and good luck to you.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
fordsons

Activity: 92
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:47:31 AM

I will follow this thread. I'm also interested to learn scalping and arbitrage trading. I'm a long term trader so I wanted to try short to medium term trading. I wanted to grab the opportunity on the volatility of the market. Guys please share with us your best practices about scalping and arbitrage. Thank you and God bless us more!
Compared to long term trading, scalping requires a lot of knowledge and a whole lot of decisions to always make in the short term and for so many who jumped into it, they usually end up losing a lot. Scalping is more like you dealing with all the short time market noises and if you are not careful you can easily get burned.

I personally prefer swing trading of shorter time frames though, but Bollinger band as well as Stochastic RSI is a very good indicator you can use to scalp in a market, but you always have to be fast when you have to make your decisions.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:07:18 PM

I saw one youtuber using BOLL and Stochastic RSI too in trading and I have tried it too in scalping and I can say that it is a good combination of indicators but take note, these 2 indicators will not guarantee that you will make profit on every trade you do.

been using it for a while

it really needs a pure monitoring as it varies every now and then

so far this two indicators, even the bol and RSI + orderbook would be a bad ass

its exhausting though

Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:20:07 PM

There are many tools and indicators to be used in scalping like Stochastic RSI but wait a minute mate. Scalping Strategy is often used to buy more coins when market is bleeding. It helps us to fill the gap of our losses. Likewise, I usually use this strategy when it comes to the new existing coin because probably they move down when they get listed on exchange.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
Noa_Amable

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:49:32 PM

I used RSI, Stoch, MACD. But eventually decided to abandon this strategy, takes a lot of time, and negatively affects the nervous system. Work that does not justify the time spent.

I guess you should combine it with fundamental analysis. Technical analisys is vital though it is useless to trade without checking news
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:19:20 PM

I've tried the BB and RSI and basically in the end, its not profitable because from time to time the trends change and it won't work long term. I've tried it on Stocks, Forex, Bitcoin and it will never consistantly profitable.

Best way to scalp?

On Bitmex wait until there is like a 20-30 Million liquidation and take the reverse trade. Basically today it wouldn't of worked because the dump was huge but on a regular range trading day whenever there is a 1M candle with $10+ Million in liquidations, usually taking the reverse with a tight stop works. Because people get liquidated and profits get taken and its usually reversal time.

Very good risk reward but the issue is usually with the Bitmex engine being laggy and difficult to get a trade to register. So it won't always work.

The last huge drop is so juicy

been struggle to get a positions but when a second wave comes its a wow..

this bitmex really is tricky thing, sometimes I am putting a bait for a position but closely watching out and keeping a stop always

They are doing rekts for sure, but don't leave things unattended

Marginal trading! I really wonder why a lot of people fancy this. Anyway, different strokes for different folks. As much as marginal trading can come with profit, it can also come with a huge loss as well and that sure depends on how your level of risk can take you which means at the least, you need to always take extra precautions. As long as you do not leave things unattended and you are at least able to do things right, i do not see any reason not to get the best from it.
richcorner100

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

https://exip.live/

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:45:37 AM

Bolinger band is good indicator for scalping and we can use upper band and low band to confirm the reversal point. Others indicator that can be good for scalping is combination of 2 MA which each MA use different periode, example MA periode 10 and 20.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:51:13 AM

Bollinger bands and RSI are the best for scalping but I do not suggest doing scalping with these kind of market, you will get rekt easily, so be careful, I do swing trader in every uptrend only. Really risky now, super choppy sideways. So be careful on scalping.
MrVuuu

Activity: 445
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:01:53 AM

I think scalping is not profitable. You spend too much time on it, and do not always go out in profit. It is better to trade in the middle and long term. I would recommend to study the price action for scalping, if you still intend to engage in scalping.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:06:10 PM

I think scalping is not profitable. You spend too much time on it, and do not always go out in profit. It is better to trade in the middle and long term. I would recommend to study the price action for scalping, if you still intend to engage in scalping.
Says who? Scalping is always profitable as long as you know exactly what you are doing, but try scalping without knowledge, and you are always going to be doomed to fail in the long run anyway before you even start.

Scalping requires great deal of knowledge, discipline, principle and experience and if you do not have any of these, and you want to scalp, you will at the end of the day regret that decision. It is not for everyone and I believe a lot of people due to not being able to cope with those quick and short term decisions, they tend to stick with the mid or long term trade instead but not like scalping is not profitable.
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:02:25 PM

Not always use scalping because i not really have time in market. But will follow this thread to get new experience. Bollinger bands i use to put my order and sometime i only do my order with it.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:12:00 PM

It is possible to do this in Forex, I have done scalping in the past. But I have never tried in the crypto, so it doesn't look like a lot profitable. Because isn't easy to estimate direction. Prices don't move slowly, accordingly it is more likely to lose.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:22:49 PM

I will follow this thread. I'm also interested to learn scalping and arbitrage trading. I'm a long term trader so I wanted to try short to medium term trading. I wanted to grab the opportunity on the volatility of the market. Guys please share with us your best practices about scalping and arbitrage. Thank you and God bless us more!

I'm with you bro. even me I want to learn more about it, doing scalping actually in the market for me is not that easy to apply. Because, when we talk about this things we are not talking about the rank we have here but of course, to learn deeply the right methods in a basic terms in the actual trading through scalping or arbitrage. Although, I most often heard scalping are really profitable but I always made a mistakes on this move.
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:38:42 AM

For scalping trading look more easy to do in Metatrader because in this trading software is easy to open and close open potition, and also to change price level buy and sell only by drag the price. In this platform also more easy to make open potition by use buy/sell stop and limit. For indicator we can use CCI and bolinger band. There are many broker offer crypto pair so will make easy to do scalping in crypto trading and we can make profit from buy and sell open potition.

beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1151

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:20:43 PM

Bolinger band is good indicator for scalping and we can use upper band and low band to confirm the reversal point. Others indicator that can be good for scalping is combination of 2 MA which each MA use different periode, example MA periode 10 and 20.
I believe just the MAs based on the market and some momentum indicators most especially the usage of Stochastic RSI indicator is actually a very easy and simple way to day trade. Asides from having to monitor the market steadily every now and then, I want to believe this is actually one very good way to have a strategy, stick with it and be able to make very good short term market decisions as the case may be. Bollinger bands to me seem a bit too laggy, probably one of the reasons I do not fancy it much.

I have been scalping for the past 2 years and I can tell you it is very profitable but risky. I think it is that risk part that a whole lot of people do not understand and they tend not to try as much as possible to learn all they can so as to be able to do better scalping but the idea of making quick bucks from trading without knowledge has led so many people into trying to scalp the market and failing and with the huge risk, you can quickly get frustrated when you do not have a strategy.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████