Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:33:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When did people start caring what Goldman Sachs has to say about Bitcoin!?  (Read 360 times)
evok3d* (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:42:50 PM

This is really heartbreaking for the cryptocurrency community. After showing plans to open a trading desk for Bitcoin earlier, Goldman Sachs has finally aborted his plan. According to the report, they are finding it difficult to regulate cryptocurrency. The whole cryptocurrency market is astound with this news. This is already affecting the prices of Bitcoin and other currencies.

Its all just a game.

‘Fake News’: CFO Says Goldman Sachs is Not Ditching Bitcoin Trading Desk

https://www.ccn.com/fake-news-cfo-says-goldman-sachs-is-not-ditching-bitcoin-trading-desk/
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:51:14 PM

Take this quote from an article:
"Apparently, the cause of this dump was Goldman Sach’s announcement that it is scraping off its crypto trading desk for now."

Source: https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2018/09/bitcoin-btc-falls-back-to-trend-line-but-will-it-fall-further/

When did people start caring what cartels have to say about bitcoin. have people forgotten what cryptocurrencies were suppose to do? have people really starting looking up to the same people that destroyed the global economy in 2008? This is just insane to me. It would be like Airbnb looking for approval from Hotel chains, or Uber looking for approval from taxi companies.

Seriously, people wake up. Bitcoin never did any of these peoples permission. If you are really looking for the same cartels that have been destroying lives for decades to come and "regulate" bitcoin, then you have fully misunderstood what power you have been given.

The market trend is not bullish and over time, I can say it has maintain a steady more downtrend and few uptrend whereas many investors want the full bull run. This drives many to seek information from all and sundry. People should try to get correct info from right channels than listening to someone's thought

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
evok3d* (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:55:04 PM

More than the Goldman Sachs flip flop, all this gushing over ETFs was real a eye opener for me. Give me a break! They're paper markets where you trust institutions to back pieces of paper with a peer-to-peer currency! Just say that out loud. Have you ever heard of anything so nonsensical? Cheesy

It raises some interesting questions about who Bitcoin investors are (at this point) and where their principles lie -- how easily they might be co-opted in the future. Many people are now so greedy for price gains that they're praying Wall Street involvement will pump the price, principles be damned. If they really understood Bitcoin, they wouldn't advocate for all the counterparty risk that paper Bitcoin markets will create.

I am fully with you. It is insane how people could even consider ETF a good thing for crypto. I think a lot of has to do with the fact that many people still do not even understand the freedom that has been provided by cryptocurrencies.

Many people are now so greedy for price gains that they're praying Wall Street involvement will pump the price, principles be damned.

^^ That is the exact thing that raises a lot of concern for me. You would not believe how many times in presentations i have to remind people of 2008, something that happened only 10 years ago. People have forgotten that in the US alone 10M people lost their homes, that 16T was used to bail out banks overall globally. Yet they go to the same people and ask them to endorse Bitcoin instead of laugh at them for even wanting to be a part of something they never had anything to do with. I fear in time they might even claim they were the ones you who created Bitcoin.

I think we are in an era in which people have forgotten the cost of liberty and freedom, it was something which was handed to most new generations, and as such perhaps it has to be taken away for people to truly understand the depth of the situation.

ETF and Bitcoin in the same sentence is as strange as seeing healthy and cigarettes together.  
CryptomartN

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:02:17 PM

Take this quote from an article:
"Apparently, the cause of this dump was Goldman Sach’s announcement that it is scraping off its crypto trading desk for now."

Source: https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2018/09/bitcoin-btc-falls-back-to-trend-line-but-will-it-fall-further/

When did people start caring what cartels have to say about bitcoin. have people forgotten what cryptocurrencies were suppose to do? have people really starting looking up to the same people that destroyed the global economy in 2008? This is just insane to me. It would be like Airbnb looking for approval from Hotel chains, or Uber looking for approval from taxi companies.

Seriously, people wake up. Bitcoin never did any of these peoples permission. If you are really looking for the same cartels that have been destroying lives for decades to come and "regulate" bitcoin, then you have fully misunderstood what power you have been given.
Thank you very much for this post. I wonder why people just rely on this people in cryptocurrency. The future of cryptocurrency does not depend on this people. We give them more credence by paying attention to them.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 02:30:13 PM

There is a lack of awareness among the investors and hence most of them make decisions based on the market sentiments instead of doing their own research. It is the reason why there is a lack of confidence whenever the investment decision is taken by the investors. Sometimes, random news can trigger the panic selling wave in the market.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:04:26 AM

When those people suddenly somehow become cryptocurrencies expert. If the person job's have any relation with the economy or technologies somehow mainstream treated it like they are an expert in the cryptocurrencies. Personally, its kind of ironic if we talk about the decentralized nature of cryptocurrency.
sufiasyl

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 05:07:44 AM

Yes, it can be thought by a group of people or businessmen to use bitcoin for different purposes. But also need to take necessary steps to avoid their thinking of regulation on bitcoin. Need to be more careful on this matter, especially from cartels.
Exprow

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:27:45 AM

I don't think we should believe everything that we read on this article. They are just trying to add to the speculation, nothing else. But, we also have a tendency to depending a lot on external news or sources which might affect the price of Bitcoin and we also want a decentralized system. Very interesting human nature to say the least.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: