Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:00:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Got scammed, fuck it...] iPhone 5s (gold) 64gb, 128GB iPad Air (silver) Wi-Fi  (Read 5762 times)
ionux

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 03:59:32 AM

There were no true “mechanics” of the scam. All it was was I wanted an iPhone 5s, he offered me an iPhone 5s, and I paid him for it…

Naively trusting a “long-time” member with “a lot of posts”. I was foolish and I didn’t use escrow. I’m just so… so silly. I’ve lost 5btc to scams recently, either on Localbitcoins, here, or elsewhere.

It seems almost everyone messaging the “newer” members (and I’m not a NEW member, I just lurk instead of post mostly…

I’m sorry, everyone. I should’ve used an escrow. I’m really so sorry.

@ionux
That’s so kind of you. Thank you. I’m sure that will help people a lot too. I just hope they’re not like me and they actually take advantage of this.

Yeah man, no problem.  Very sorry that happened to you.  Not that it's much consolation but hopefully other members will see what happened to you and will keep it from happening to others.  Undecided

CoinPrice.US - Current market prices in a clean, ad-free interface.  API available for adding Bitcoin prices to your site!  |  Escrow service: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502569.0  |  Reputation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494163  |  Public key: http://coinprice.us/public_key.txt  |  URL shortener project: http://10b.us  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
morphtrust

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 10:28:49 AM

I have to give kudos to the OP for coming forward on this, many people are scammed and never talk about it because they feel foolish for having it happen and refuse to talk about it for this reason, leaving the scammers free to continue their operations unpunished as well as not raising awareness on the importance of using protection for doing business.

Thank you for the alert Peptomax and the bravery it took to come forward and let us know.

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
PeptoMax (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:32:36 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 06:24:18 PM by PeptoMax

I know I made a mistake. I know I was stupid. Gotta keep people in-the-know…

Thank you for the compliment. Smiley

I still sort of want to buy that phone and iPad though lol. I think I’ll just use Gyft…

——

I got themmmm. Smiley Thank you, guys. You’re so darn kind. I’m completely broke and out of bitcoin now, but it was worth it to get my iPad and iPhone…. Smiley

I just wish I didn’t fill the pockets of scammers with 5 BTC. Sad Sorry for fueling the fire, everyone. For that, I truly do apologize.
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:30:18 PM

As its been said earlier 'prevention is better then a cure, use escrow'
Its for the both buyers and sellers protection !!!
PeptoMax (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:41:20 AM

Yeah, I know. I’ve already apologized though. I mean, really, I’ve made it clear I understand where I went wrong.

Don’t worry. I won’t do it again.
btchellas

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:38:03 AM

sorry for your loss
escrow is a must
Boris-The-Blade

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:19:56 PM

There were no true “mechanics” of the scam. All it was was I wanted an iPhone 5s, he offered me an iPhone 5s, and I paid him for it…

Naively trusting a “long-time” member with “a lot of posts”. I was foolish and I didn’t use escrow. I’m just so… so silly. I’ve lost 5btc to scams recently, either on Localbitcoins, here, or elsewhere.

It seems almost everyone messaging the “newer” members (and I’m not a NEW member, I just lurk instead of post mostly…

@ionux
That’s so kind of you. Thank you. I’m sure that will help people a lot too. I just hope they’re not like me and they actually take advantage of this.

Unlucky man, If you dont mind me asking, How did you get scammed on LocalBitcoins.com?
I use that site quite a lot.
PeptoMax (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:49:52 PM

@ionux

Unlucky man, If you dont mind me asking, How did you get scammed on LocalBitcoins.com?
I use that site quite a lot.
PayPal idiocy. You think you know someone… until you don’t.
koma

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:26:06 AM

i was burned on ebay using paypal.  chargeback - won't do that again.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: