Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:37:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Tor doesn't log out automatically  (Read 172 times)
cellard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:42:47 PM

I like to use Tor to avoid all the potential scammers that try to ddox you via javascript, private messages which contain a link to some image, and a big list of reasons of why you should be using Tor to visit this website.

Anyway today it seems they updated it to 8.0, seems like a big update, the Tor button is changed, it looks different.

I have realized that I don't log out automatically anymore. I used to get logged out when I was idle I think. Now I have been idle for a while doing other things and it remained logged in... weird.

If I closed Tor Browser without logging out... if someone gets the same ip I was using, and they are visiting bitcointalk, could my account show up as logged in, or is this impossible because Tor never saves cookies?

Another annoying thing i've noticed is that when im typing it's so slow, the text feels lagged. If I try to delete text, the text gets deleted in slow motion, like when in windows you put the settings of the delete key with the fadder all the way to "slow".

If anyone else uses Tor please let me know if you are having these problems too. I don't know what they have one but they've screwed this thing up a bit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 09:31:50 PM

Maybe you clicked the always logged in button? I don't really think TOR update has anything to do with bitcointalk and its logging system.

If someone is using your same IP, they can't login into your account, unless they have your session key or your credentials. 

The slow motion things might be in the settings to change, check maybe?

I don't use TOR, I am just trying to possibly help.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:19:57 PM

I've found in FF that when the text bogs down like that it is usually a chart that is causing it. It's either a script or a flash object. Could be a memory leak but those are pretty uncommon these days.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12899

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:54:18 AM

Nothing changed on the forum's end. Tor Browser 8 is based on Firefox Quantum, which is very different from previous Firefox versions. Big changes are to be expected.

If I closed Tor Browser without logging out... if someone gets the same ip I was using, and they are visiting bitcointalk, could my account show up as logged in

No.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
cellard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:19:38 PM

I've found in FF that when the text bogs down like that it is usually a chart that is causing it. It's either a script or a flash object. Could be a memory leak but those are pretty uncommon these days.

Yeah I thought memory leak at first but I monitored the ram and it doesn't seem to be going nuts. I didn't have anything but the bitcointalk tabs opened, no charts. I even closed my normal Firefox window which I usually have bitcoinwisdom opened.

I have fixed it (for now) by sliding all the way up the security level fadder and everything is sharp again. When I did that I also restarted my computer so im not sure what did it. If anyone has this problem you can try that.

As far as logging off automatically I didn't click the "stay logged in" checkbox and I think in the past Tor would you log you off even you checked that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: