Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:23:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrencies Vs Governments – Can they co-exist?  (Read 272 times)
AlexTF.CCN (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:49:55 PM

Cryptocurrencies Vs Governments – Can they co-exist? https://cryptocoin.news/analysis/adoption/cryptocurrencies-vs-governments-can-they-co-exist-20006/

I think governments will fight as hard as they can to prevent it from happening....
contagioncf

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:10:07 PM

yup agree, government will fight as hard as possible.
funnychain

Activity: 50
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:14:24 PM

They can co-exist but there is a long way to get trhought before all the regulations will be integreated
meinaly

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:06:29 AM

Talking to somebody I trust about what stressing me out is the best stress reliever. Also, finding a new environment with positive people is effective.
hypehunter21e

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:56:52 AM

No doubt eventually they will cooperate in a specific way. Major financial organizations are developing products related to cryptocurrency, so governments are definitely gonna try to regulate them.
goldSkylark

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:20:18 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2018, 07:46:52 AM by goldSkylark

I believe they could (and would) coexist. Because in order for bitcoin to be widely adopted, it needs to be regulated, right? But the important thing is, regulation does not mean total control, as no one can or will be able to control it, ever. So I guess there should be a middle ground for both the government and cryptocurrencies to fulfill their functions in society.
AlexTF.CCN (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:00:50 AM

I think now implementation is coming in the form of stablecoins, everybody is getting one out!
Rystyanka

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:11:58 PM

Of course they can, while the state will have a profit.  Moreover, decentralization can be a gradual measure.
TomWilson32959

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:01:26 PM

government will fight as usual  Cry
WalletPlus
Copper Member

Activity: 94

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 05:08:27 PM

I think in the future governments will die and we will have something like a mix of governments and corporations. Just because the corporations will bankrupt a lot of governments, it is already happening.

Money is power, and power loves money
cryptomike82

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 02:01:36 AM

I think in the future governments will die and we will have something like a mix of governments and corporations. Just because the corporations will bankrupt a lot of governments, it is already happening.
good point, more than that they are doing anything to protect their corrupt system
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 02:57:39 AM

Ideally, governments would adapt public ledger cryptocurrencies so we can better track government expenditures.

Obviously, they can co-exist, they do now.

goldSkylark

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:16:36 AM

government will fight as usual  Cry

I don’t think the government will fight, but rather, will simply challenge it. They’re just doing their job. It’s kinda hard to wrap one’s mind around the concept of cryptocurrency –that even in its unstable state, can be used for fraud, money laundering and other illegal activities. The government can benefit from using blokchain and cryptocurrencies as well, come to think of it. So they can't be anti-crypto. I guess they’re looking a way to protect society while maintaining the structure and purpose of cryptocurrency. Makes sense, right?
3lyntmy

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:38:22 AM

Cryptocurrencies Vs Governments – Can they co-exist? https://cryptocoin.news/analysis/adoption/cryptocurrencies-vs-governments-can-they-co-exist-20006/

I think governments will fight as hard as they can to prevent it from happening....

Crypto maybe will ban but not blockchain  Grin
Ociwiw

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:20:30 AM

I don’t think that governments will struggle with this because it’s already useless, it seems to me that states and banks will come up with their own alternative options, such as stablecoin!
ripthesystem

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:06:28 PM

I believe that in the near future the power focus will switch from Governments to large multi-national corporations.
Money is the real power, let`s be honest, and corporations will not miss the opportunity and possible profit of Crypto.
avbitx

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:40:45 PM

I think there might be some chances and the chances are 0
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 10:13:46 PM

nope not if one of both is being somehow surpressed,

if cryptocurrencies exist, governments like we knew them before become communists,

cryptocurrencies might cause huge damages, to the communists then.

but also might help them.

regards

Ave_Maximus

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:45:54 PM

Crypto isn't profitable for the government. It's decentralized and they can't regulate it
that's why the government is fighting with crypto
MP_SI
Copper Member

Activity: 70

Tell the truth – or, at least, don't lie!

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:46:05 AM

Its like church and government - its not good to mix in my opinion!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: