Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:49:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you judge a coin/token/project by their website?  (Read 547 times)
Phumagraphlz

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:00:29 AM

Pretty simple question. At the moment 99.999% of new coins tokens and crypto project all have a telegram group (full spam and bounty hunters) , a twitter account that only posts pre-made bullish news about their own coin, a subreddit with 20 subscribers and 5 bots, a Facebook page full of 3rd world country princes asking for your eth private key.
What is left to judge a product? Only their website. But how accurate and trustworthy can a website be? White paper too aren't to be trusted, since 90% of the time they get changed work-in-progress.

What metrics do you use?

its so hard to judge the project by the website itself. i always check the whitepaper first and their social media if their account have a daily updates and active community that support the project. its been so hard to judge the project by the member of the subscriber because its good to find a new project with a good potential in the market in the future 
corat coret

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:51:22 AM

actually the website of a project also cannot be a determinant of the good or bad of a project because if the website is messy and very simple, some are even worse, it can be ascertained that the project development team does not really care about the project they are working on.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:06:36 AM

Absolutely YES, I always check their website first before participating the bounty. The better their website design includes all the information about the project indicates that their project is being built seriously...
royalcrypt

Activity: 456
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:34:52 AM

I have to agree that the website makes a big impression either it's good or bad. But it's just not all there is. If the team is great and focused on making the project a huge success then we should consider other factors too.
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:44:15 AM

everything you say is true and indeed it is very difficult to distinguish it. but the thing that I always do is keep on discussing and always asking important points in their projects, sometimes I also give questions that trap them. if not satisfied then I will discuss with other potential investors and also with my local community.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:49:41 AM

Pretty simple question. At the moment 99.999% of new coins tokens and crypto project all have a telegram group (full spam and bounty hunters) , a twitter account that only posts pre-made bullish news about their own coin, a subreddit with 20 subscribers and 5 bots, a Facebook page full of 3rd world country princes asking for your eth private key.
What is left to judge a product? Only their website. But how accurate and trustworthy can a website be? White paper too aren't to be trusted, since 90% of the time they get changed work-in-progress.

What metrics do you use?

You have raised some valid points and I agree with them. It is now hard to determine which ones are legit base only on social media, whitepaper, and website. That is why I now prefer if projects have some working MVP.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:05:28 AM

A website is the least reliable aspect, keeping in mind the stakes and scale of projects. You have to create an awareness within yourself, a seamless blend of intuition, instinct, experience and research.
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 07:07:10 AM

to be honest I always pay attention to the team to assess a project. This sometimes quite effective to know or assess the potential of a project. When this team has the great experience and also real then it would be good to follow him. on the website, and that other whitepaper is an additional part of the team that runs the application.

sabtu malam

Activity: 180

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 07:32:27 AM

one of my judgement against a token indeed sometimes through his website. because I myself feel that if a token is good, of course the team will manage with good too. primarily a source of information i.e. website.
3lyntmy

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:06:10 AM

What metrics do you use?

i won't judge a token by their website. i will do more research on the whole project  Smiley liked who are their partner and team? what concept for this project?
PilosopongTacio

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:22:27 AM

What metrics do you use?

I see your point, though the quality of a particular token or project is a lot more different after the end of a Campaign and you can be sure that most of them are indeed a great project or not after the ICO and mostly, after the token hits the market. Having said that, the most important thing is to verify first their credibility, their tokens and the project's potential by examining the activeness of their team developers and their road map. You said it yourself that we cannot rely on their whitepaper and their websites because it changes from time to time and from the fact that there are fraud schemes everywhere.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:34:16 AM

What metrics do you use?

website is the fave of the project, therefore how do projects gets more investors if they dont have a professional like websites that contains of all the information of their projects. for me this is the one content that can convince me to invest in, and followed by white papers, roadmap/milestones, team members information, actual video reviews of all team members that talking about their projects. because with all of these, you can say that your investment is 60% safe than other scam projects out there.
Haalo

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:39:50 AM

The website is a good starting point, but the white paper gives much more insights. Social Media channels can always be pushed through marketing methods, but white paper and website is about content and the idea / technology behind it. Also it is good to check the team, the investors, advisors and how credible the partners are!
sergiokkl

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 08:47:49 AM

Website is a good basis of scam project. Mostly fake projects had not do any professional editting to their website. Information is seems copied from another projectm. You can search some line on the text and find out whether those words is really from the team

chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:49:56 AM

Website is a good basis of scam project. Mostly fake projects had not do any professional editting to their website. Information is seems copied from another projectm. You can search some line on the text and find out whether those words is really from the team
of course just browsing the website and white paper is not enough. but it is also necessary - this is the first indicator. next, look at the team. these must be real people, and valid links to their personal accounts. then softcap and hardcap and road map - it should be realistic.
Luigi21

Activity: 644
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:55:29 PM

I judge a project also by their website, because it helps you understand the professionality of the team behind the projects

╔══════╗
zenfuze
╚══════╝
REVOLUTIONARY TRADING PLATFORM
[  The ultimate solution for cryptocurrency trading  ]
[    with built-in connectivity  to major exchanges    ]
████████████████████
████████████████████
████▀█████▀  ▀▀▀████
████   ▀▀      █████
████▄         ██████
█████▄       ███████
██▄      ▄▄█████████
████████████████████
████████████████████

████████████████████
████████████████████
████  ██████████████
████▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████  ███  ▄▄▄  ████
████  ███  ███  ████
████  ███  ███  ████
████████████████████
████████████████████

Zenfuse is developed to
REVOLUTIONIZE
your trading experience
╔══════╗
trading
╚══════╝
angelramirez24

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:37:30 PM

If they can't even manage a decent looking website then I wouldn't invest in it, least you can expect it when they're often asking for $30 mil lol.
sladkoejka

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:09:43 PM

Scammers nowadays are equipped with great minds to fake everything they needed just to attract investors. Scammers also setting up their plans like a regular whitepaper. Their roadmap to scam others is really well planned. So, don't rely on website, social media, and ico reviews. Better to do research of the team members and company, their connection with other companies.
dear you pointed out everything very competently. with you completely agree. all these social media, a website and so on can be done at a very high level. and the only thing that remains is to check the team. although even the most promising project and the team to which there are no complaints - do not exclude the fact that it can still be a fraud

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
Pump N Dead

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:41:00 PM

What metrics do you use?
Quality of a website is one I look for when I choose an ICO but the most important is the team behind the project because they are the one who will run the business. The second thing I check is the product, is it unique and can easily understand by common investors. Least is the website, how secure it is because if it is not secure, the business is in big trouble.
imagecrypto

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:39:15 AM

That is the one I did. There are still a few more ways that I usually do. Like seeing the team, manager, whitepaper and others. So to assess a project, we have to do a lot of research.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: