Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:46:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "The collapse of ETH is inevitable" - Article  (Read 520 times)
btcgolong (OP)

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:17:51 AM

"The collapse of ETH is inevitable"

https://techcrunch.com/2018/09/02/the-collapse-of-eth-is-inevitable/

"Here’s a prediction. ETH — the asset, not the Ethereum Network itself — will go to zero.

Those who already think that ETH will not see real adoption — thanks to a failure to scale, to adopt more secure contract authoring practices,
or to out-compete its competitors — don’t need to be convinced that a price collapse would follow as a consequence. "

I'm sure many of you will disagree with this article...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
klarkCent

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:25:16 AM

0 it definitely will not cost. but the fact that it is well dumped is a fact. ISO after the charges immediately sell it. and the article correctly states that the network stopped in development

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:29:32 AM

0 it definitely will not cost. but the fact that it is well dumped is a fact. ISO after the charges immediately sell it. and the article correctly states that the network stopped in development

How much is known about the etherium team still continues to develop the project and constantly releases updates for the network. To be honest, I hardly believe in this prediction.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
teeshe

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 02:20:28 PM

"Here’s a prediction. ETH — the asset, not the Ethereum Network itself — will go to zero.

Those who already think that ETH will not see real adoption — thanks to a failure to scale, to adopt more secure contract authoring practices,
or to out-compete its competitors — don’t need to be convinced that a price collapse would follow as a consequence. "

This article's prediction doom for the ETH asset but the Network will remain active does not correlate. ETH may be going through a turbulent moment, but i am not sure we have seen the end yet as ETH will always remain a store of value.
Teebass001

Activity: 110

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:24:10 PM

Wake up mate. It ain't gonna happen. Ethereum will weather this storm. I am pretty sure about that. All Altcoins are taking a hit of the moment and Eth is no exception. Though no one is happy with the never ending congestion on the Ethereum network. I pretty sure some thing is being done about it. Let's wait and see

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
BitLendingClub

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:29:40 PM

Wake up mate. It ain't gonna happen. Ethereum will weather this storm. I am pretty sure about that. All Altcoins are taking a hit of the moment and Eth is no exception. Though no one is happy with the never ending congestion on the Ethereum network. I pretty sure some thing is being done about it. Let's wait and see
Agreed. How can blockchain with main mechanic which was built on the ETH applications today will be working without this main element? How can work all this smartcontracts without fuel? And if team will make 1 or 2 eth for block mining then scarcity of ETH will grow. And in such conditions you think ETH will cost zero, isn't it?
alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:35:34 PM

Sorry, bu it's a bull shit article! I'm 100% sure that ETH technology is #1 and much better then Bitcoin now but we need Casper to solve scalability problems for mass adoption (dApps). After Casper will be launched ETH price will make new highs.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:11:02 PM

I am sure that there will not be any collapse of ethereum and can not be. The ethereum team is now going to introduce in the coming months the Plasma project in this coin, which will allow this coin to have scalability of hundreds of thousands of transactions per second instead of the current fifteen, and in the future - a million transactions. And this is not the only improvement that it intends to introduce. I do not know why they spread such rumors and try to lower the rate of ethereum. Is that the more to buy it, while the nervous in a panic will sell it.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:23:31 PM

Ethereum is not going to collapse as there are too many projects riding on it. However, it is unlikely to hold the number 2 spot forever due to the issues with scalability. It is already struggling and more tokens are being created all the time. Another crypto kitties will kill it off completely, NEO is the one that they will all turn to

anwar98

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:30:20 PM

Very sad to hear that Eth will die. But I think that is very unlikely because the community or founder will try to improve this. And I think this is only temporary. We will not know what will happen next year. Maybe eth will give a special surprise with a high price rise.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:33:41 PM

As much as I would like Ethereum to survive, it looks like they have made a real clusterfuck of their network. It is not clear who pays for what, the smart contracts are vulnerable, and complicated and they have to start delivering on their long announced technological advancement. If successful, they may prevent the disaster. If not, it was a nice experiment and other cryptos can learn from their mistakes.
Nikolas_the_Wonderworker

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:17:57 PM

I think this article is custom-made. This order is from investors who keep money outside the crypto market and wait for the prices of the ethereum as low as possible.
Camster

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 05:20:02 PM

Ethereum to 0?

Guys the media, banks, government and their paid morons (celebrities and business guru's) are all coming in to shake you out of your coins so they can get in on the cheap.  IF you believe in crypto and your still holding realize you played this wrong and prepare for next cycle but for godsakes don't sell at the low to these assholes. 
Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:27:00 PM

I cant imagine it could come to that. Ethereum is used a lot and so the price will probably never fall to 0$. Before there will always be people who buy up these coins cheaply.
kanayaTabitha

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:32:15 PM

I agree, all markets are indeed downtrend, ethereum is no exception. Even before ethereum was believed to be replacing bitcoin and becoming the No.1 coin in Crypto. This kind of problem is sure to happen and I'm sure it won't stop there, surely the developer also does something. Wink
JimmieA

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:46:12 PM

I do not think that eth will crash, as we see eth as a platform for performing btc transactions. So, for whatever reason people can get rid of eth.I know that a lot of people are still storing eth in their wallet and  expecting a surge of the price. Although eth is relatively cheap at present and not as we expected, I am convinced that it is still a good investment option.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

JGreg96

Activity: 602
Merit: 144

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:48:23 PM

It is only FUD. This scenario is "impossible". Obviously a protocol change must be there, but the necessary time for this unlikely scenario is much longer than possible changes like raiden, casper etc...

BTCBTCBTC
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:52:21 PM
Merited by milewilda (1)

Wake up mate. It ain't gonna happen. Ethereum will weather this storm. I am pretty sure about that. All Altcoins are taking a hit of the moment and Eth is no exception.

You can´t compare a random altcoin with ETH. ETH is the gateway for
investing into ICOs. Most ICOs raise a majority of their funds in ETH.
Therefore all successful ICO teams end up owning a lot of ETH that they
want to liquidate. And obviously they want to do this while they are still
getting a nice amount of BTC or fiat for their soon to be worthless ETH.

An altcoin like Monero or Litecoin doesn´t have this downward pressure by ICO teams
that are looking to cash out, because they are not used to raise funds for ICOs.
Ethereum will drift a lot lower than most altcoins and will eventually
be trading for a few $. 190 $ is still ridiculously high for ETH.
Natusik

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:54:29 PM

Why not? Why this forecast can not be true? If in the shortest possible time, and this is not more than 2 years, the problems existing in the ethereum network will not be solved, this cripto currency will be crashed and forgotten, and its place will be taken by another, more technically advanced crypto currency, for example, EOS
nianastasia62

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:06:15 PM

This is more speculative article doesn't make any sense and I am sure that soon Ethereum will reverse and start to move to the top ! In order to

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: